New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Yoeddy's BB1 to BB2 conversion project! (Photos!)  (Read 14505 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: Yoeddy's BB1 to BB2 conversion project! (Photos!)
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »
Cool.  I hope that's all it is.  RS-232 port connected to...???

Rick, do you have the magic connection?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 02:30:34 AM »
Ok.  I played around with the monitor installation a bit more to fine tune and get the monitor as snug as humanly possible.  I decided to use aluminum strap for securing the top part of the monitor.  Fastened to the speaker cover frame and to the top studs of the monitor.  To ensure that the top half wouldn't move, I stuffed rubber non-skid material between the strap and the monitor.  Tight as a drum!  The bottom half, I just used a couple of 90 degree brackets that I picked up at Lowes.  Bent them back against the monitor.  It won't move. 

I also shot a photo of the power bricks.  This was a great idea that Harvs gave me.  Both bricks connect to an extension cord that I just run out of the machine and into a Monster Power Center. 

At this stage, I'm really to the point where I can't do much until next week when the touch screen cable arrives.  Once that's installed, I need to figure out an idea for a bezel.  Ideas are certainly welcome from you guys too!  :)

OLED...most likely...not sure when, but dang those are pretty to look at!

Almost game time y'all!  Can't wait to try G+ Deluxe and whatever other games you guys think are cool on the NXT2/BB2.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 12:42:45 PM »
Almost there!!! THEN YOU CAN START A TRANSMISSIVE PROJECT!!
-------
Charles

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »
This may be for  another thread but, Have you done this Charles? Care to give a rundown on what's involved?. If so can you / will you be willing to start another thread? I am interested.

Almost there!!! THEN YOU CAN START A TRANSMISSIVE PROJECT!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 06:10:01 PM »
Got the touch screen cable in the mail today!  Just connects to the RS-232 port on the monitor to the "touch screen" port on the motherboard.  Thanks again Rick!

Well, she's pretty much there and all up and running!  Here's a photo of her running some G+ Deluxeness!

Next up...the main monitor shroud!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:26 PM »
Awesome - Looks Great!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
Awesome, that got there fast, kudos to the US mail system for getting it there as promised!  I see dongle games in your future....  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »
Looks great Jason!
Now you have opened a whole new can of worms  :Tongue_Out:
Congrats!

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 06:31:24 PM »
And OLED board...

Awesome, that got there fast, kudos to the US mail system for getting it there as promised!  I see dongle games in your future....  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
Congrats Jason!!! That was a fast conversion there. Good job!

To stir the pot, I think you need to get a Transmissive kit now!!  :stirthepot:
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 09:14:48 PM »
She's not quite done...gotta get the bezel figured out.  After that, we'll see Charles.  Lol!!

Seriously guys, thanks for all of the help getting this project done. 

Jason

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 09:34:30 PM »
Please post about your bezel because I'm somewhat in the same boat with my WMS machine, and have been procrastinating.
:az_flag:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
I for sure will.  It may be a little while, but I'll definitely share the plan. 

I'm heading to Vegas next week...gonna be scouting out the WMS games to narrow down more favorites!

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 11:24:02 PM »
And OLED board...

Quick question...OLED...does it work with HHSR games?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »
Yes, it does.  Works with all BB2 games, except a few licensed games like topgun, WOZ, and maybe a couple others I don't recall.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:04 PM »
A few updates...

Changed the center red "Play MAX Credits" badge to a black WMS badge.

Painted the bill acceptor bezel black.  Also have a black and blue "Accepts xyz denomination" decal coming to replace the red one that was there before.

Removed the red ticket decal above ticket exit chute.

Kicking around painting speaker cover black.  I do like the chrome look.  Thoughts?

OLED deck coming...stay tuned.  :)

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
Couple more updates:

Found a brand new replacement door frame...the upper chrome frame that goes around the monitor.  My original one had a couple of deep scratches that I covered with a decal.  It bugged me.  The new one still had the blue tape on it and new speaker cover.  For 20 bucks, why not?  What really caught my eye was the black plastic monitor frame that came with it!  At first I thought it was a BB1.5 conversion frame, but I was wrong.  It's the right width, but the wrong height.  Probably meant for a reel game maybe?  Anyway,  I cut the top portion off and as you can see in the picture, it fits perfectly covering the innards below the speaker grille.  May still try to come up with some side pieces.

I also replaced the right chrome piece of the top box with a new replacement.  Thanks again Jeremy! 

To make the top box chrome cap fit nice and snug, I cut the base of an old candle in half and wedged it in between the topper and the chrome cap.  The monitor fits in there really snug and the chrome top cap is very secure now.

OLED should be arriving next week!  She's so purdy!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
We have OLED kiddos!

Next up...CCFL topper! 

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »
CCFL topper wired up and installed.

Next up, and probably the last piece of this project...monitor bezel.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »
Yoeddy,

Have you or anyone considered 3D printing a bezel?  I have a makerbot and with the dimensions I could make you virtually anything. Might have to be in several pieces but they can be put together by either channeling or you can weld with a drop or two of lacquer thinner.  Something to think of.  As I enter into my project of making a 32" surround for my machines I will be using the makerbot to prototype things in sections then probably have a sheet metal shop make me up what I need.  We have a lot of those types of manufacturing outlets here in Cali.  Food for thought as we enter into this new era of not only machines but technologies in general.

John

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal