New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help - no sound on my IGT Game King 6.2  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Psy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Psy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help - no sound on my IGT Game King 6.2
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:01:41 PM »
Hi - newbie here.. I have a Game King 6.2 and there is no longer any sound.  I sent the motherboard and sound card into Ohio Gaming slots (where i purchased the machine) and everything checked out ok.   Speakers are brand new. I traced the wires from the sound card and nothing is pinched or broken.. I am not sure what else to do... I can't take it back to Ohio gaming because of the cost to transport to get it checked out... Any ideas would be appreciated...Thanks!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Help - no sound on my IGT Game King 6.2
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »
Hi Psy,

Welcome to  :nlg-logo:

Can you post some pictures of your machine and MPU board?  6.2 is a 044 game and 044 MPU boards don't have a separate sound card, so pictures will help us determine exactly what you have.  They have to be under 1MB so you may have to resize them to post them. 

Ohio Gaming is one of our trusted vendors here on NLG.  Did you let him know it still didn't work when you got your parts back?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 05:18:39 PM »
They also in the future back then used the 6.2 on avp machines.  I don't think that's the case.  Probably your amp board.  As Tilt stated pics will help. 

Offline Psy

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.. I do have the enhanced 044 board.. yes, been in contact with Ohio gaming and he has tried to help as much as he can via email and phone. He even checked the MPU boards for me. I thought the sound card was on top left of machine behind the glass.. That is where I traced the speaker wires to.. Will post pics..

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
The audio amplifier board is in the topbox and I think that's what you're talking about.  The "Sound card" on IGT GK/I-games normally refers to a daughter board that plugs into the MPU board, and there were a couple of different types of them too.  That's why pictures always help. 

They integrated the sound board into the MPU board on 044 MPUs so there was no longer a separate sound card, but it still has a separate audio amplifier board.

Offline Psy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:53:08 PM »
Here is a pic of the MPU - Would it help to take other pics ? 

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 06:17:37 PM »
This all worked correctly before as per your post then the sound stopped--Correct.  Also the vendor checked your boards you sent to them and they checked ok-correct?   If both questions I asked are correct,  Try a diff. audio amp board. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal