New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need CPU-NXT3.2 help!  (Read 2784 times)

Offline badlanding

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • badlanding New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need CPU-NXT3.2 help!
« on: March 06, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »
Greetings Brain Trust

SO... I decided to try a NXT3.2 CPU in my BB2 cabinet. I bought a used CPU on eBay with no guarantee of functionality, I also bought the supposedly correct JURS and BIOS ROMS there as well. I bought a BB3 game called “Dancing in Rio” with both cards and the USB dongle.  I bought an emotive controller.  I made a power cable.  From the very start I’ve tried it with just a single display plugged into the primary display connector, my Goldfish animator is still in the top of the cabinet.

No matter what I try I get a “Prepart DSS Validation Failed with all keys...Halting” message. I bought another 3.2 CPU and tried it, same thing. I bought a different game, same thing. The 4 left power lights are lit on the CPU board, the emotive controller has power and works with my BB2.  Perhaps I need a new BIOS, is there anything else you can recommend that I try?

The numbers on the BIOS are A-030098-00-00   16-030104-00r1   A-026607-01-00 and 014040

The numbers on the JURS are A-030099-00-00   16-030103-00r1   A-028460-01-00 and 021798

Thank you,
Mike Mavity
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 01:03:29 PM by badlanding »

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Need CPU-NXT3.2 help!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
Did you clear it first?   You made the power cable for the side of the CPU?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline badlanding

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »
No I didn’t clear it. I haven’t seen any clear cards! Do you have any?

Yes I made a new power cable from the power supply to the motherboard with a tap that connects to the side of the CPU.  Wiring is my thing and I must say that it is beautiful!

Mike

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
You can't do anything without clearing it first

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Melissarmdlm New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 02:20:19 PM »
Sounds like a bad clear to me too. Fun fact: There is no master clear card for the NXT 3.2 You'll need the right one and today isn't a work day I'll have to confirm the required clear card for Dancing in Rio.
My 4011 clear card has served me well, but it factually won't prep the machine for many games.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »
He doesn't have a clear card.  A NCLR-000-4000 should be fine for him.  Also, if he tries to play a game without a top monitor most games will not play and will error out.

Offline badlanding

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 05:14:38 PM »
SO... I was finally able to try the -4000 RAM clear card. I put the card all by itself in the OS slot, turned on the machine, and it did exactly the same thing. I tried booting with no CF card, with the -4000 clear card in the OS slot, and with a game and OS card in the appropriate slots and the result is always the same. It seems evident now that the system doesn’t care whether a card is inserted or not.  Any other ideas? Can it be a BIOS problem? Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:34:02 PM by badlanding »

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »
The numbers you listed for the bios and jurisdiction are the part numbers for the components themselves, not the versions on them. On the opposite side the blue one should start with NBOT and the orange jurisdiction should start with SJUR. What are those numbers?

Offline badlanding

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
I bought the BIOS and SJUR chips on eBay and there aren’t any NBOT or SJUR version stickers on them! One side has the generic part number stickers and the other side has nothing.  So perhaps this is the source of my trouble.  There is a seller on eBay with a set of BIOS and SJUR chips, the BIOS is NBOT-003-2010 v0.00.86 and the jurisdiction is SJUR-000036-112. If these are good numbers I will buy them and try them out. THANK YOU!!!!

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
I actually installed my nxt 3.2 back in my machine a couple days ago. I’ll see if I can duplicate your failure. The “prepart” stuff sure sounds like a file system issues to me. Maybe a bad SSD. Maybe a bad cf socket I dunno.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
The prepart validation failed is bad os card that is not passing the preload validation.  Did you put these CF cards in A Windows 10 machine to try to back them up?  If you did, that's why all your cads are failing.  Prepart DSS Validation failed, is a bad OS card (or clear card).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline badlanding

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »
I appreciate that but no, I haven’t done anything with any of them except put them in the CPUs. I’m going to try a different BIOS and SJUR next.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
I don't believe the bios is the issue here.  I've never had that error on a BB3 other than a bad OS card.  I'm not sure what happens if you have a bad SJUR.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buzzarama

• buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »
Typically a bad SJUR will have a halted error showing validation failure on jurisdiction module. Bad bios typically won't allow CPU to function at all but I know that the bios does have WMS UBE loader that handles validation of the OS and game prior to allowing it to load. If the bios he has isn't original I couldn't hurt to have another bios to try out. Especially if he now has 2- 3.2's.  But definitely a known working game and OS cf's would be helpful for sure.

NB0T-000-2000, NBOT-000-2010 and NBOT-000-2021 all three should work on any 3.2. (as long as 2021 is on the blue module and not the overmold style)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »
I would have your OS and game cards tested by someone to make sure they are good before you spend any more money.

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
Also make sure both batteries are present and if the cpu's were new make sure the plastic battery tabs have been removed, that will do it to.

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 03:01:09 PM »
Indeed I replicated your error via pulling the CF cards out. I'd make sure they're inserted correctly, and/or the sockets aren't damaged(bent pins).

Offline buzzarama

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
Badlanding, can you post a pic of your screen when it faults?

As you can see in Melissarmdlm's pic, it allows you to rule things out. It shows bios validation, it shows UBE passed, and being version 0.89 that it is bios NBOT-000-2021 and it shows hard drive presence and functionality and then errors out because there are no cf's present to read. Curious to see if yours passes those points as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 04:24:33 PM »
when inserting the cf cards, they go label side down.  Make sure you are inserting them properly.

Offline badlanding

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 08:54:47 PM »
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL! I changed jobs, moved, now dealing with the COVID outbreak but I FINALLY was able to work on my BB2 NXT3.2 project... it was Melissa’s screenshot that did the trick. Mine was very similar but was version 0.86.  I bought ANOTHER set of BIOS and SJUR ROMs, this time with factory NBOT labels and it all works! Screen shot looks EXACTLY like Melissa’s.  Wow you guys are awesome. Thank you again.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal