New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 41211 times)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
Ok I believe we are close. Make sure you check for bent pins on the IO cards. Most of the time coin in error is corrected with a good card. If you are reasonably convinced that both IO cards are good it may be a true coin in jam. A bad optic set located just below the coin comparator could be the culprit. When this happened to me I spent a few hours playing with IO cards and finally laughed to myself that it really was a coin in jam caused by the coin optics.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »
Unplug the comparitor/optics harness from the machine and put a jumper on the machine side harness. That might bypass an optics issue

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
no bent pins - swapped out the optic board.  Based on the problems with ALL the boards so far - I doubt the io cards are good. 

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »
how do you bypass the coin optics?  i did change out the optic board

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »
Since we are looking at the IO cards, could the machine possible have the wrong ones installed?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »
You unplug the comparitor/optics harness from the machine harnes. It's behind and a little to the right of the comparitor mounting bracket. Then plug a bypass into the machine harness. Maybe someone can dig upnthe topic that shows which pins get jumped by that plug. I'm on my phone and it's a pain in the ass to search

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2017, 05:16:12 AM »
changed out that eeprom - no change.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
moving on - inspecting the coin comparitor harness - never seen one like this - has what seems to be connections for  S+ and a S2000!!
Since last posts seem to be aimed at fixing the coin in jam error - could this be a cause?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »
The harness looks correct to me.. Two pin plug the back of comparitor, next closest to comparitor side plug, and last plug to coin optics...
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
IO  card is still suspect
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Guys, isn't this the jumper you were talking about? To eliminate the comparitor/optics. I/O may stll be suspect but we haven't ruled out optics. It seems a jumper wire could be made if GOS doesn't have the actual IGT one.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2017, 04:35:47 PM »
thank you for the offer - I can make one up from the picture - will do so tomorrow
Here it is with the jumper connector pulled off. Jump connections as shown.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2017, 04:55:06 PM »
my assumption then is that this will clear the coin in jam based on an issue within the door allowing me to continue with the clear and key setup or at least get the game to game up.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »
Theoretically, if it doesn't you may have a defective I/O card.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:14:55 AM by cowboygames »
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »
I began loosely watching this post for the first few weeks.. I lost interest a month ago... it's  been over 2 months and 12 PAGES of posts... it is possible for GOS to just send out his boards and get them checked ???? I give a lot of credit to those who have chimed in to help as I'm  frustrated  just seeing the "run for your money" post's everyday.. I can't  imagine  how  those who have helped must feel....

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2017, 09:11:26 PM »
A bad I/O board could be why your buttons don't work either.
If there is a bad IO, wouldn't that also cause the coin in jam message?
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
Probably, but it depends how much was burned up.
It could also be.... those cards look alike, maybe they got swapped.
Any one know the proper model for the I/O board?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2017, 09:43:36 PM »
801 or 802, either should work. 801 would be the origional used by IGT though

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
The point is, if the coin in jam is coming from the coinnequipment and not the IO card, it might be preventing the game starting to the point where the keychip menu can be accesed with the key chip.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »
The jumper should prove that theory one way or the other.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal