New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I need Help  (Read 7426 times)

Offline kgs67

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kgs67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I need Help
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »
I bought a IGT s+ at an Auction and im trying to get it to run but i get a 0 Error in the winner paid. Does anyone know what to do? 

:thank_you:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: I need Help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
Well,  :congrats: , on your new machine!!!! Unfortunately, we will need a tad more info before we can help you! Can you possibly post a pic of the machine? That way, we know what we're dealing with (there were different models within the S+ family). The error you describe could be cause by numerous things...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
its a 16 mhz, it had a bad mother board and main-board . Main board was repaired  but tried to clear it with a Clear chip but nothing but a 0 in the winners paid window.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »

Oh good, you know you're way around! Now, where/how did you repair the motherboard?

And you are 100% sure the Clear chip used was good?

And, as a side note, a Clear does NOT fix everything. Some people think a Clear will fix everything, and machine will work perfectly after a clear. This is NOT true. A Clear fixes wacky software issue, but cannot help on hardware issues. On an S+, hardware issues often contribute to more problems than software issues do.

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
i replaced the motherboard because it waS BURNT ON THE BOARD AND THE MAINBOARD LOOKS LIKE they repaced the diodes by the small power supply

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »
Was the Replacement MPU tested/working???

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:10 AM »
i dont know!  I was told st the auction that all it needed was a motherboard.  I only gave $125 for the Machine and stand. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
Ok, first off, don't believe everything your told at an auction...or a used car dealer! :rotfl:

We've got to take a step back here. It's possible you are in the menu. Lets assume the parts that have been installed are good, and installed correctly. Can you please give us more info?

Are you familiar with slot machines?
Why did you Clear it?
Did you perform the Clear properly?
Do you have a reset key?
Did you check the fuses?

We just don't have enough info to help you yet. The 0 could be from a jillion things, so we need to know what you have done to the machine so we can get an idea of what's going on.

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
I think that the mother board is out  i tried another main board that worked in my other machine and it still had the 0 in the winner paid window.  does anyone have a mother board they want to sell?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
You can post in the Classifieds, but only if you are a Contributing Member.

And thanks for answering my questions and giving us more info. Good luck with your machine!

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
I have tried everything!!  :hissyfit: there is nothing wrong with the MPU or Motherboard but i get a Bright 0 in the Winner paid! i have checked the wires and everything  Please HELP!!!

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • CommTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »
We would love to be able to help you, but you need to give us much more information about your machine ...
Please start by posting some clear pictures of your machine; inside and out.  :Please_Post_Pictures_2: As they say, a picture says a thousand words!  Perhaps one of us can spot a problem that you are missing.
You said you replaced the MPU board and the Motherboard ... Please show us some pictures of both of those. 
When you replaced the MPU board, are you sure the Reel and Game chips were installed correctly?
Are you sure that all of the wiring is plugged back into the correct sockets on the motherboard?
Does the florescent lights work (top box, reel and belly)? 
Is the top candle flashing? 
Do the reels spin when you power up the machine? 
Do you hear the bill validator cycle when you power up the machine (assuming you have one)?
Have you checked all three fuses? 

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
Ok got rid of the 0 it was a  flurestant starter one I got this 3 now here are the photos !

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 04:59:01 AM »
OK, your getting a 0 and a 3. When you turn the machine on what happens? Does it sit and think a little then do the reels spin? Look at the SS and SP chips on your board. Are they seated all the way? Are any legs on them bent? Turning the reset key does not reset it. That is for scrolling in menu and clearing a Jackpot. Let us know every step that happens from the time machine is turned on until it gets to 0 or 3. CV asked several questions that seem meaningless to you but help us very much. We are very knowledgeable and a glad to help. Help us help you.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • CommTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 06:01:11 AM »
We would love to be able to help you, but you need to give us much more information about your machine ...
Please start by posting some CLEAR pictures of your machine; inside and out.  :Please_Post_Pictures_2: As they say, a picture says a thousand words!  Perhaps one of us can spot a problem that you are missing.
You said you replaced the MPU board and the Motherboard ... Please show us some pictures of both of those.
When you replaced the MPU board, are you sure the Reel and Game chips were installed correctly?
Are you sure that all of the wiring is plugged back into the correct sockets on the motherboard?
Does the florescent lights work (top box, reel and belly)? 
Is the top candle flashing? 
Do the reels spin when you power up the machine? 
Do you hear the bill validator cycle when you power up the machine (assuming you have one)?
Have you checked all three fuses?

What I can see from the pics you posted are:  You have an S+ Machine, Your Florescent lights do work, The Denomination Lamp is not lit, The button lamps are not lit, and You have power to your LED display.
I still cannot see if you have a bill validator (picture is to dark) or if your candle is illuminated or not.
We really need Clear/Sharp pictures in order to determine details (wire colors, plug directions, chip directions, which plug is in which socket, etc.).
We also need to see the MPU board with the chips on them so we can see if any are missing, or if any pins are bent or if any chips are plugged in backwards.
Please also answer the other questions we asked you.  We need to know everything the machine does or does not do in order to help you.

Is your other machine also an S-Plus?  If so, this will also help you compare the plugs and wiring between the two machines to be sure everything is in the correct spot.

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 09:04:36 AM »
Ok here some more pics  when I put the  mpu in my other s+ it works fine.  I even switched motherboards and both boards are ok.  Sorry about the pics  they were taken with my iPad.   The test button will not work nor the jackpot reset switch  which I replaced because it was missing when I bought the machine. 

Offline kgs67

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »
more pics!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:23 AM »
OK since your boards work in other machine then it is the cabinet. You are not saying if you are getting the initial reel spin or not. I see you do not have a bill validator. Tell us IN ORDER what happens when you switch the machine on. I highly suspect the door optics. Open the door and check wires going to cabinet and door optics. If not broken then place a piece of masking or painters tape on the side of the cabinet and make a pencil mark where the cabinet optic is. Then place a piece of tape on the door side and with the latch in the completely down position make a mark there. Now close the door and latch all the way down. Marks should line up. If not they need adjusting.

the rockin elvis

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »
Good advice Elvis! Also, the display should "blink" when the door is closed.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
Congrats on being a "Rising Star" Ros

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal