New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help please. IGT Double Diamonds not booting up  (Read 1002 times)

Offline cml1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cml1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help please. IGT Double Diamonds not booting up
« on: August 05, 2021, 02:13:31 PM »
I bought a 1986 IGT Double Diamonds model 5136D the other day for $150 knowing that it didn't work properly but hoped it would be a easy and inexpensive fix. I replaced the three fuses and it does not boot up. The coins played or credits windows are not lit up, just the topper. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start? I am new and know very little about them still. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Help please. IGT Double Diamonds not booting up
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 04:45:07 PM »
Post pictures of outside and inside. Best way to determine what machine you have.

Probably S+  I'm going to suggest replace the power harness cable.  You can look at it and probably determine if it is burnt.
Search the IGT S+ reel forum and you will see what I'm talking about.

Read the posts in the forum and you can probably get all the information you need to fix it. We can help you here with any questions you may have but will need more information.

Good luck and welcome.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline cml1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 05:34:37 PM »
Here are some pics..
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:00:03 PM by cml1 »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 07:23:06 PM »
Measure the voltage on the battery on the MPU board, the board you took the picture of. It should be above 3VDC. If not, replace it. You will need a clear chip to set it up after the battery replacement. You don't have a bill validator in this machine so you will not need a set chip. If you plan on getting more machines get both chips at the same time, you will need them later. The machines seem to multiply after the 1st one.  :I_agree_1:

Pull the hopper out and check the power cable from the power distribution box to the motherboard, the board the MPU board plugs into. You will probably need one of these, if not, you may later. I sell the cables here on the classifieds.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32733.0

All the information you need is here in this topic. If you get stuck, just post here and ask for help. Many members are here glad to help out.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0

Here is one of the posts in the forum link above that shows what to look for to check the power cable.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32585.0

I do power supply and other repairs to help members. I am a hobbyist, not a vendor. Just like to help.

Tony

PS: If you check the reels to see if they are held in place after power on, that will tell you how the power is doing in the machine. If they rotate very easy, not a bit hard and 'bumpy' you don't have any holding voltage on the reel motors. You should have holding voltage on the reels when the machine powers up. All of this is in the forum thread(s)
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline cml1

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 08:17:41 PM »
Tony thank you for the information! I will check it out. I know the battery on the board is dead, I did test it but thought the machine should still boot up. Where do I get those chips you are talking about?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 08:25:50 PM »
Contact member RB on here he will set you up with the chips you need.

Offline cml1

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 07:12:35 AM »
Tony,
Here are some pictures of what I believe is the power box for the board. Does it look like it got overheated and melting happened? Also looks like a a metal contact prong is missing in the prong?

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
That is the transformer on the MPU not the connector that's often a problem.  It doesn't look bad to me?  The power harness connector that's shown in the last link Tony posted is on the Motherboard itself.  The Motherboard is the board in the bottom of the machine (behind the hopper) that the MPU plugs into.

The question that needs to be answered is in his PS (do the reels stiffen when power is turned on).  Also, never remove the MPU with power on.

Offline cml1

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 07:09:55 PM »
I don't see any other board? Could it be missing? I just bought the machine like this the other day. Below are pictures of it with hopper removed. I don't see a boarder on the bottom?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 07:38:51 PM »
The mother board we are taking about is the board that the MPU (the board with the transformer you removed) is plugged in to. It is in the back of the machine on the bottom. Take the hooper out, take a picture of the entire lower area. The pictures you posted don't show enough to help with this problem.

Tony
Tony

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2021, 06:59:53 AM »
It's a S model ... doesn't have a mother board or use clearing chips.

Since you know the battery is dead. Probably should start there.

Offline cml1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2021, 08:26:46 AM »
Ken,

Thank you so much for that information! I was thinking that I bought it without the other board. I know the battery is dead but would that cause it to not boot up? I have a battery coming tomorrow from Amazon.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 08:59:06 AM »
Yes the battery should get you started.

Thanks Ken for the S information.  I see the schematics have the S info. 1st time to see a picture of the insides.  Probably see more of em now. Seems like that is how these things go, kind of like buying a new car, then you see tons of them on the road.

Tony
Tony

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal