New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 220 VAC S+ Machines, Need to Convert to 110 VAC  (Read 947 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
220 VAC S+ Machines, Need to Convert to 110 VAC
« on: April 28, 2021, 12:14:22 PM »
Hello.

I just picked up a load of S+ Machines and realized that they are all set for 220 Volts A/C.

Is there a switch on the Power Supply to allow for 110 VAC Operation or do I need to replace the whole PS? Didn't see anything during a brief search of the outside, so not sure if it's dual voltage capable or not.

Also, what other components inside of the machine operate on A/C Voltage and will they need to be changed out as well?
Or are the voltages already stepped down inside of the Power Supply for those components?

Not familiar enough with the S+ to figure this out on my own, but I'm guessing that it shouldn't be too complicated to go back to the US voltage.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:01:41 AM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 220 VAC S+ Machines, Need to Convert to 110 VAC
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »
Curtis,

It's in the FAQs. :)

Here's a direct link: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=513.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Thanks Kevin,

Guess I didn't perform the search well enough. That's great news, should be an easy conversion.

Curtis ash100

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »
Do you need 110 power cords?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:43:34 PM by Ken »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 05:03:10 PM »
Why would 220vac machines be on this continent?
Were these on cruise ships?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 05:42:35 PM »
I answered a Craigslist Ad, found them all inside of a storage container in Jacksonville, Florida at a salvage yard.

No telling how they ended up there, but it's possible they were on a ship.

Each machine had a piece of masking tape around the candle that read "Trash". So I'm guessing the salvage yard ended up with them that way.

But they're mine now, and I've got a lot to do to them before they're playable. Not a single one had top glass, which is strange, because otherwise they're parts complete with Hoppers, MPUs, WBAs and Coin Equipment.

And Ken, thanks for the offer, but I've got plenty of 6 ft. power cords.

Curtis ash100

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 05:56:30 PM »
Cool find Ash!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »
Ok guys,

Going to have to reopen this topic, sorry.

I followed the instructions posted by Jim and Bunker about removing the #29 wire to restore the machined to 110 from 220 volts.

Tried it on 2 so far with no luck on either machihe.

The only viotage present is on the service outlets. I checked the voltages at the harness to the motherboard and had none there coming from the power supply. All fuses were checked with a meter and were determined good.

Is it possible that I've got bad power supplies?

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 02:04:32 PM »
I'm looking at the print and reading the How To Guide. It seems to me the guide is talking about 2 things -
1 - Changing power back to 110VAC from 220VAC ( using the picture to accomplish that by moving the wire from TB6-4 to TB6-3 )
2 - Removing the wire that would feed the transformer on the MPU board the 220VAC from TB6-5 ( as a cautionary step to prevent some short or getting it back to 220VAC somehow)

I would have just done this -

Moved the wire in TB6-4 to TB6-3. Period.

By installing a 110VAC power cord in the machine you would have made the machine 110VAC (Line - Neutral -  Ground = no possibility of getting 220VAC to machine)

I am interpreting the print as - TB6 1,2 and 3 are shorted together and TB6 4 and 5 are shorted together. (I am going by the dots on the connector drawing - the blue lines)

If that does not work - fuses or power supplies are bad.

PS - by not moving the wire to TB6-3 you will not be applying 110VAC to the machine after the service outlet.

Tony

I placed another picture from the prints for reference.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:32:54 AM by Trisail »
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 03:20:37 PM »
Sorry but this power supply is half the size of a normal S+. Hope this visual helps though. Here is how the 110V is connections are in the PS.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
Ok, marking it closed once again.

Thanks to Tony, Ken and Jim, I've managed to get it right this time.

I'm not sure why I was so confused, but I was able to get one converted and it's playing now.

Thanks again,

Curtis ash100

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal