New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt+ 13-0 code door optics problem  (Read 862 times)

Offline alrolon800

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • alrolon800 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt+ 13-0 code door optics problem
« on: May 01, 2021, 09:52:47 AM »
ok guys.  before i changed to the wga validator I recapped the dbv-200 power supply. after reinstall i got a 49 code. checked reel 3 and it somehow unplugged itself. replugged it in and 49 did not clear till i reclosed the door. GREAT!!  It also shows my door optics work!! now it works fantastic. Next decided to change to wba validator. modified area to install, put it all together. low and behold a 49 code shows up again. said no problem, i know what it is. My brother said "why is the molex plug coming out. Perhaps its not plugged in all the way?" he was right. I was afraid to push too hard, but after some coaxing it clicked into place. NOW I cant clear 49 code!!! My door will not recognize the door optics.  under test it only shows 13-0. changed optics from another machine and still no 13-1. took optics and swapped to good machine and BAM! works good in other machine. and yes did many manipulations and still no go. found door sensor long enough to put right on top of frame sensor and still no 13-1. Now I was thinking that because of that intermittent reel connection, that maybe I should to a RAM reset. and of course the validator turn-on. no broken or cut wires. everything is in place and I know code 49 will not clear if machine does not recognize door closing.  ANY problems seen here that i am missing??

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: igt+ 13-0 code door optics problem
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 10:12:15 AM »
Check the pins inside the Molex reel connector housing.

It should not be that hard to push the reel Molex connector upwards at all.

The ground pin or other may be pushed in too far,or bent - not allowing full contact between the male/female pins.

Also, pull out the main Black Molex connector housing on the motherboard and re-seat it.

Could be possible oxidization of connecting pins.

I use a "De-Oxit" aerosol spray to clean the pins....they tend to get like car battery terminals.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 10:36:42 AM »
yes, i have de-oxit---used it to lubricate it but that is not the problem. I fixed that problem with the molex..  my problem is door sensor does not show door closed when using reset key on code 13...

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 04:14:14 PM »
Keep your eye on the [Coins Played] window as you slowly push the latch handle downwards to line up the door emitter with the cabinet receiver optics.
That number should change when the optics "see" each other.
It could be just a simple alignment problem.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »
thanks Stay, I replaced optics on my other machine with the ones thought to be bad and had it lined up in 15 seconds. right now all i can think is maybe there is a connection from the front optics behind bill validator i did not see and it got disconnected somehow. i do know that once problem is found my door test will toggle from 13-0 to 13-1. Again i will state, optics already changed with good ones and optics can easily point at each other by hand!!!!!!!! hence no need for alignment till after i see test giving me a 13-1.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 08:28:53 PM »
Just to eliminate an easy fix, are you sure you have the emitter and receiver plugged in to the correct plugs in your problem machine?

IGT stupidly made the connection for the emitter and receiver the same size plug, so it's possible to inadvertently connect the wrong component to the wrong wires.

The emitter has red and black wiring, and should be installed on the portion of the door that swings open.  The receiver has a slightly more domed appearance to the part, and has red and white wires, and gets installed on the inside of the cabinet and does not move when the door is opened.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 09:34:32 PM »
I have 4 identical machines/ red and white on the reset button side and red and black on the door side. already swapped them out with known good ones and still not working. Donor machine working good with swapped out ones. gonna check voltages tomorrow and then proceed with the clear chip. Ive done it several times before. so ive becore pretty good at it.

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 12:32:03 AM »
is there a plug to the mpu that comes from the door optics and where is it located. Maybe it came loose during the removal of the sled to make the wma cash can fit. a little banging and drilling to get that sled out. maybe i disconnected something to the door optics.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 06:19:03 AM »
The optics are pretty fragile....hence the tie wrap locations to prevent the wires from moving too much.

It's easier to check to see if the optics are working okay simply by doing the tests...but you can check the emitter optic by using a cellphone camera too....for some reason, the cellphone cameras picks up the infrared light emitting from the door optic.

Unfortunately, the camera won't see anything from the cabinet receiver optic as it doesn't emit any light.

Knagl is right on about the wire colors....looks like you verified that by comparing other cabinet optic setups.

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 10:10:24 AM »
FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!  wire for cash can microswitch had a nick in it and was being held together by the blue insulation. gave it a pull and broke right off. reconnected and all is working now. that wire ran under cash can sled and upon drilling it out to fit wba validator it got nicked. I eliminated cash door switch since this is a home machine anyway. I dont think my wife is going in there to steal my piggy bank!!!   LOL  that cash door switch is connected directly to the optical switch on the door.  thanks everyone.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 12:11:18 PM »
I would connect it to the burglar alarm....  :rotfl:

Offline alrolon800

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 07:46:16 PM »
LOL OH Gosh, you dont understand the half of it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal