New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Code 41 -still- after board repair and new reel..more info....  (Read 757 times)

Offline Chris95

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Chris95 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
So here is my problem. IGT S+ Double Diamond that I have owned for 20 plus years....diverter went out, I unplugged it. Closed the door and get a code 41. Swap reels around, codes stays at 41. Send board out to KLAR who fixed some issues with the board. Got the board back Friday, installed today, still get code 41. In the meantime ordered new reels, swapped number one reel out...still code 41.  I can go to mode 5 in coins played and hit spin reels and all reels spin and some numbers come up in winner paid and credit...(are all the reels supposed to line up when tested in mode 5?). Also, thought it may be door optics, ordered new ones. Installed them and went to door optics test (coin played 1) turn reset key to 13...it display 13.1 13.0 on and off- goes back and fourth 13.1..13.0. When I shine a flashlight into cabinet optic, it stays steady 13.1 . I really need some help and a better manual to this machine. I am including pictures of the bottom board (is this board called the MPU). Are the diodes on R1 R2 and R4 blown?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Board on bottom is called the backplane or motherboard.  WIth 4 in CP when you hit spin it should line up the top award and pay amount.  With 5 in CP it should line up the strip seams on the payline.

Offline Chris95

• NLG
Thank you. Do know what those burnt resistors are for (R1,R2 & R4). Could that be the code 41 error?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Thank you. Do know what those burnt resistors are for (R1,R2 & R4). Could that be the code 41 error?
Wow, is that plastic cover melted? 

Offline Chris95

• NLG
Yes, the plastic is melted. I just ohmed them all, the R1,R2 and R4 are 000 R3 is .030

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I would replace those resistors or replace that board.

Offline Chris95

• NLG
I was able to do a clear all reset and got it working. Now I can't get the new door optic sensors aligned. Does the sensor go face to face? I can't remember, seems the cabinet sensor would face outward but that means the adjustment slotted side does outward so it can't be adjusted. I have tried multiple times with the diagnostic mode in coin in 1 and reset key to 13. I can't even get it to align while slowly moving the door handle lock.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
It's mounted wrong. They have to face each other.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
So the clear I suggested worked, your computer board worked fine in my shop after I fixed it so the only other sticky place where 41's could hide was in the EEPROM on the backplane board.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal