New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Hopper overflow and diverter  (Read 498 times)

Offline Chris95

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Chris95 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Hopper overflow and diverter
« on: May 17, 2021, 05:43:53 AM »
So going down my list of getting my IGT S+ going...all my coins are going to overflow. I know I can disconnect the over (that is current fix) but would like it working. I tested the diverter through diagnostics...it is working. Problem is, when game is powered up, the diverter is always activated and puts coins to overflow. I am trying to figure out how to test the hopper ground (set at max coins, coins are not touching), when the machine is in diagnostic mode, how do I test the probe (ground probe and if so to what)? I am assuming a hopper probe is the issue since the diagnostic test shows probe is active when it should not be. Thanks! I also have an intermittent short in the coins in/payout LED, I have it fixed for now but would buy and new LED and harness if anyone has a good one for sale. Thanks!

Offline Chris95

• NLG
Re: S+ Hopper overflow and diverter
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 06:44:30 AM »
Update. I can go to coin played mode "2" and go to "15" and it display 15.0 ...I can close the door..still 15.0 . I can run a wire from hopper probe to level of coins and I get 15.1 . Diverter activates to overflow each time a coin is inserted during regular play. So probe is working properly it seems. Diverter is operating on and off (coin play 2 test 33). Can anyone help?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 06:49:54 AM »
Overflow problem - Sounds to me you have determined the problem is the hopper full probe is active all the time. That probe should ground the hopper full signal when the coins in the hopper touch the probe and allow the ground of the machine (metal hopper) to activate the signal. Your hopper full wiring is most likely grounded all the time. Check the probe wiring and connections for a short to ground. It could be a device on the MPU board, but most likely a wiring problem.
The short with the LED display - I probably have what you need but would need a better understanding of exactly what you need.
PM me with contact information if you would like to talk or need explanation.

Tony

EDIT - Looks like I missed your update. Send me a PM I may be able to help on the phone.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Chris95

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
Overflow problem - Sounds to me you have determined the problem is the hopper full probe is active all the time. That probe should ground the hopper full signal when the coins in the hopper touch the probe and allow the ground of the machine (metal hopper) to activate the signal. Your hopper full wiring is most likely grounded all the time. Check the probe wiring and connections for a short to ground. It could be a device on the MPU board, but most likely a wiring problem.
The short with the LED display - I probably have what you need but would need a better understanding of exactly what you need.
PM me with contact information if you would like to talk or need explanation.

Tony

EDIT - Looks like I missed your update. Send me a PM I may be able to help on the phone.

Thanks, PM sent!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal