New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Barcrest repair  (Read 1119 times)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • slotmandave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Barcrest repair
« on: September 12, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
I have a S+ barcreast Run for the money slot not working the upper Barcreast is not working or lighting up ? The lower reels work but shut down there is power going into the to power supply and it comes out at the outlet for a 110 plug can any one tell me what to try I am lost the these Barcreast machines but pretty good at getting a regular s+ repaired any help would be great Thanks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:11:22 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Barcrest repair
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
There is a MPU and a power supply in top box, also a varta battery in top mpu that may have leaked and done damage. The varta needs removed.  Sounds like the power supply is bad.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:17:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »
I will check out the battery but i have no info on the power supply and can't seem to find any info on the barcrest unit is there any one out there who repairs these? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:17:25 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 01:39:00 PM »
I will check out the battery but i have no info on the power supply and can't seem to find any info on the barcrest unit is there any one out there who repairs these? Thanks
  Jim from Midwest slots would be your best bet but you may need to send him the machine.  Where are you located?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:17:39 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
I am in Mass. but maybe he would just need the barcreast unit I hope. I haven't got to the battery yet i will give that a shot first. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:17:53 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
Just removing the varta battery is not going to fix anything, just keeps it from doing any (or any more) damage. Machine will work without it. That battery is very hard to get to anyway, you have to remove the power supply and mpu which requires unplugging all the harnesses from the suitcase the mpu is in to get it out of the top box.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:16:25 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
No luck there , Is the name of the place mid west slots? or midwest games tried looking it up but not sure who to write too and ask about repairs Thanks

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 04:53:41 PM »
Send a PM to Jim or see his banner on home page.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
has the unit ever worked for you or the person who may have had the machine?  the entire top box unit is removable, once out of the machine you can get a better understanding of what is involved to remove the mpu from the plastic housing. the power supply can be checked using a printer power cord plugged into the port, turn on the red switch and you could check the voltages. need to know what power supply  is in there, 4 or 5 ,  make sure all the components to run the top box are in place, you need a board mounted to the back wall right above the cpu location, you need a special comms cable that will talk to that board and that board in turn will talk to the the top box cpu.

the varta battery MUST COME OFF, it will damage the traces underneath it, the somewhat good news is that this board nis made very well and you can make solder bridges to repair small opens, or install jumpers from point to point.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:43:49 PM »
Hi, This machine worked for me for 10 years and is  my wife's' favorite . In the past i would some times have to slide the barcreast Barcrest box out and push it back it to resit the plug for a better connection and must of the time that would work for a long time. I believe it came with a 64 1 code when it didn't work. Any way this time and it has been a while now nothing happens when i do that the only light that lights is the one on the power supply none of the out side or game lights lite on the barcreast unit. If i reset the game it will take a coin and you can spin the reels but then goes to the 64 1 code. I don't know what you mean by what power supply is there 4 or 5 ?  where do you check the output voltages and what are they supposed to be?  Can this unit be sent some where to be repaired ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dave
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:12:51 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 06:41:57 PM »
Typically, the 64 code indicates that the top box is not talking to the bottom cpu.  when the machine is on, open the door and look at that little board right above the lower cpu cage, there should be two LEDS flashing, red and green, see if this is happening.

no flashing means that the connections somewhere are intermittent, follow the wiring down to the motherboard and make sure all are connected.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 02:26:21 PM »
It got worst ? I tried the machine and just the green light is flashing. So while it was open I checked all the connections and they all seemed good  then coined it up and spun the reels the machine then died by this I mean no displays and the buttons did not lite up where they were working before just the machine lights and fan were on so checked the fuses and all were good checked connections again but machine still dead?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »
Power Supply?
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 07:46:47 AM »
Sounds like the typical S Plus power connector issue. check that plug for burn marks, etc.

Jim

Signature:

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
I have these-

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32733.0

And I do power supply repair.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal