New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game change problem  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Barsnsevens

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Barsnsevens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game change problem
« on: March 04, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »
I am trying to do a game change using another 3902 game board Tobasco. Just replaced the battery and using a key 40 set chip. Go through the steps select yes to all 3 red bars and select reboot, replace the game chip. Power up  and I can not get past the eeprom error. I turn the key twice it says intializing and goes back to eeprom error. Any suggestions?  :Scratch-Head:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:29:58 PM by Barsnsevens »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Game change problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
Check all the proms for bent/missing pins, or one installed off a row.

Offline Barsnsevens

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:26:46 AM »
The game board pins are all in. However I wonder about the  8 leg eprom on the mother board. I bought a pack of 20 of those. I used one for the first time. Maybe it's not correct. My other 3 games I bought 3 mother boards and just swapped out the chip for a game change. Will try again after work.

Offline Barsnsevens

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 03:27:48 AM »
I bought this here on NLG it only has a game 1 and game 2 eprom. Is this correct for this game? Should it have a 3 and 4 plugged in to the two empty sockets. Maybe fireball jackpot knows I bought it from him as complete. I just don't know that much about them.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 09:30:55 AM »
If it's saying EEPROM error it's not happy with the EERPOM on the motherboard.  If it says EPROM error then it's not happy with one of the EPROMs on the MPU board.   3902 motherboards use a 24C16 EEPROM chip.  Make sure you have the right one and also make sure it's in the proper direction.

Many games only have 2 GME chips, so you're probably ok there.  Besides, if that was the problem you'd get a different error if it booted at all.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
Yes, there are only 2 gme chips for that set.    :agreepost:  Tilt is right, check that mobo eeprom.

Offline Barsnsevens

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 10:53:40 AM »
I suspect it is the mother board chip. I bought some that I had not tried before. I will recheck when I get home tonight. Thanks

Offline Barsnsevens

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
Yes it is eeprom error. This bunch I bought must not be right. I will look for 24c16. These have 24c64 on them. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:13:22 PM by Barsnsevens »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 02:56:06 PM »
I test out I-games all the time without a keychip.  As long as you don't need to setup multi-denoms, change the hold %, or enable the printer, or setup a tito, you can setup everything else and play just fine.  Some games will even let you setup multi-denoms without a keychip.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal