New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1990 Players Edge Nickel Poker Machine, Screen Vertical Needs Adjustment  (Read 497 times)

Offline Arby

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Arby New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hello, I hope I am in the correct feed. I have a 1990 Players Edge Nickel Poker Machine, I am having issues with the vertical hold. When the machine warmed up in the past, the Picture was perfect. Now the vertical hold is a mess, constantally rolling picture will not stay stable, I believe I found the diodes that control the vertical hold and I cannot get the screen to stay stable. I have attached a few photos so you can see the items i am refering to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I inheaited this machine from my family and would love to have it working. Is there anyone that help me either fix this issue or know where I can go to get parts for this machine.

Thank you
David
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 08:18:55 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline PrairieTech

• PrairieTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Honestly if you can afford it...

https://www.ceronix.com/product-category/lcd-monitors/igt/igt-2/players-edge-pe/15-players-edge-upright/

They are crisp and bright, 99% of the ones we converted over ten years ago are still going.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 08:19:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Topic moved to LCD AND CRT MONITOR REPAIR.

$510 for a CRT? At first, I thought that was for the entire machine shown. And, after shipping the bill is closer to $600. You may as well spend the money on a drop in LCD.
I've seen MANY CRT's repaired here for minimal costs, with capacitors being the culprits many times.

For Arby: You should get some responses here soon.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
That is likely a Ceronix 1492. Likely just needs a cap kit or other component easy to replace.
The great news is the Flyback works so one of the most difficult components to find is working.
Do you know enough about CRTs to pull it out? I can help you with this.

I would not spend more than the game is worth to get anything new.

Chris

Offline PrairieTech

• PrairieTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG

$510 for a CRT? At first, I thought that was for the entire machine shown. And, after shipping the bill is closer to $600. You may as well spend the money on a drop in LCD.
I've seen MANY CRT's repaired here for minimal costs, with capacitors being the culprits many times.

That is for a drop in LCD. Sorry, I'm a tech and don't have any concept of what machines go for on the open market. I would have no idea who even works on CRTs anymore, but sounds like Chris should be able to help at least.  Apologies if I over stepped.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Upon further inspection of the photo, that monitor needs someone to look by someone who understands CRTs, even if just a little bit. I noticed there aren’t any screws holding the tube into the frame. Also I do not see a dag wire wrapped around the ear of the frame.

Those two issues can cause all kinds of problems. Plus, if the user is handling the monitor and the tube separates it could be a big mess, broken foot, or worse.

I could wrong but it needs to be checked, there should be 4 screws clearly visible on the front 4 corners and a dag wire that goes across the back of the tube diagonally. Without a dag wire the picture will probably shut down in a few seconds…if you are lucky.

Arby, be very careful if you remove the CRT from the game. Support the tubes weight with a hand on the front of the tube. The face of the tube is very strong.

Chris

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
That is for a drop in LCD. Sorry, I'm a tech and don't have any concept of what machines go for on the open market. I would have no idea who even works on CRTs anymore, but sounds like Chris should be able to help at least.  Apologies if I over stepped.

I see that in the text now. You're right, it does say LCD, but the photo of the video slot looks like a CRT. That makes more sense now.  :yes:
No overstepping whatsoever. I wish the LCD's were cheaper. There's a lot of discussion on this forum though on replacement to LCD.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal