New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ 61-1 CODE
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 01:15:47 PM »
ok, with the cash can switch bypassed, stuck at 61_1,   turn off the power,  get it back to a 61,  keep the optics hooked together,  does anything happen when you turn the jackpot reset switch?  I believe this should put you in the book keeping mode,  run through the book keeping mode, let you return to 61 code. this will tell us the door is in fact closed (only way to enter book keeping,door closed)  then we could try and unplug the optics and see if you can access the book keeping? 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 01:32:19 PM »
Look in the corner of the cabinet behind reel number for a green wire that is not connected.  Ground the green wire and see if you can then clear the 61-1.

Offline Bassman2277

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bassman2277 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
I have a green with a blue, the only green in the corner does to the switch.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
what switch?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »
the jack box switch on the side

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
ground it to case, close door (set optics for door closed), turn reset key, hopefully it will clear the 61-1

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »
I turned off the power restarted and got the 61 hit the side key and it shows 01.  did it with optics hooked and un hooded and got the same thing.

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 01:55:56 PM »
I forgot to ad that it I cycled it all the way back to 61.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 01:58:53 PM »
when you have 61 and door open, press test button till you get 61-1, then shut door, then turn reset key.
did you ground the green wire we discussed earlier?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »
rjpohl
as i said i have a green with blue is it one and the same?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
I can't verify tonight but I'm pretty certain the wire you need to ground is the one connected to the reset switch.  I can check tomorrow on a machine I had this exact same problem with.  My machine did not have the optics bypassed but would not clear the 61-1 until grounded the wire.
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »
as per your reply in #27,  you cycled through the book keeping mode, and got back to 61,  usually it takes 7 turns or 13 turns depending on the SP chip in the game.  there is one connector you should check, J-10 on the motherboard, it a long skinny black connector, usually only has 1 or 2 wires on it at the far right of the connector, make sure this is plugged in and no bent pins. this is where the ground comes from to form the loop for the door optics. also check to see that you don't have a belly door switch, usually mounted in the upper left hand corner of the belly door, this usually has a jumper plug that is bypassing that would be switch.

so you own a volt/ohm meter ? 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
Jim
I took a picture as the plug I believe you are talking about has nothing plugged in.  Picture attached.

Yes I do have a meter Fluke 177.

Randy

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
here is a picture of the motherboard.    J-10 is in the back.

Signature:

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »
Jim

Ok checked the plug no bent pins, plugged back in, don't see a belly door switch.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
at the door optic connector, +5vdc,   at the cabinet optic connector,  8-10vdc.    was there a jumper near the wire bundle over near the area where the belly door switch would have been?

after you bypassed the cash can switch, can you press the white button and get into the test modes?

maybe a clear in in order, running out of ideas!

Jim

Signature:

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 06:54:25 PM »
Jim

I have 9.7vdc on both the door and the cabinet.

Also I'm not sure where the belly switch would be located.  I saw no evidence on anything, and I have no bundles not hooked up.

I tried to get to test mode held the white button and nothing changed.

Randy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
you're probably pressing the correct white button, but just to make sure since it has happened to others, the white TEST button is not the white button below the coin comparitor that's on the coin optics board. The TEST button is inside the main part of the cabinet. just checking.......
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:46 PM »
I believe I'm using the correct button, the same on I use to go from 61 to 61-1 thats located nest to the power switch.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
yes, that's it. Sometimes we have someone that isn't overly familiar with their machine and things go down a deadend road because we assume they are doing what we think they are doing.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal