New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Turn off Max Bet autospin? Double Diamond Deluxe  (Read 6786 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Turn off Max Bet autospin? Double Diamond Deluxe
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2018, 06:17:11 PM »
Nope

ok - dip#4 is still a mystery. Thanks for checking all this stuff on your machine.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
7_D3_E60_D9_8_F19_41_AB_9_EBF_FABD7280_E803" border="0

I swapped the dip switch and still same outcome unfortunately

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
Thanks for posting that chart and trying dip#4 on your machine.

Unless someone comes up with an idea we haven't covered already I think you are down to this:

1) Get Clear and Set chips. Do a Clear on the cmos ram, then use the Set chip to re-enable the bill validator. Hope that does something to the settings that will get rid of the autospin feature. By doing a Clear it will reset a bunch of settings back to default, so you have to change some things back to the way you want them. It can be a hassle.

-OR-

2) Get another SP chip, like SP1271 we've talked about. Install it and fingers-crossed that it stops that autospin feature that happens after pressing the Bet 1 button five times. According to an earlier post if you install a different SP chip you will need to use a Set chip to re-enable the bill validator.

The point of all this is that you'd like to press Bet 1 five times, or press the Play Max button, and not have the machine spin the reels until you pull the handle or press the Spin Reels button. Right?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:34:41 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »
I’d like to be able to hit it 5 times and be able to pull the arm...I’ll have to find those set chips. All the sellers on eBay supply the 731

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2018, 09:23:23 PM »
You can probably post a WTB (Want To Buy) request message here for a SP1271 chip, a Set chip and a Clear chip (or any combination of these chips) and maybe get all from the same person.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »
There's no setting that I'm aware of in the SP731 that would enable what is happening with the OP's machine.

To the best of my knowledge, the difference between "Slow" and "Fast" has to do with how soon the reels will stop -- ie. the actual spin time on "slow" would in theory be a little bit longer from the start of the spin until all three reels stop.  Sort of like how on new machines you can hit the spin button to stop the reels ASAP and have it display the outcome, just not quite to that extreme.  In theory on an S+, the machine wouldn't do any extra revolutions of the reels, but rather would display the outcome symbol for each reel as soon as it was possible to display it, while still keeping the order of the reels stopping as 1, 2, 3.  In reality, I never saw much difference.

For what it's worth, when changing DIP switch settings, there must be zero credits on the machine for the changes to take effect.  If there are credits on the machine when the DIP switches are changed, the previous settings will continue until the credit meter hits zero.

An odd possibility, but about all I can come up with for "outside the box" ideas since what's happening isn't supposed to happen, is perhaps some kind of wiring short with the light bulbs and the spin reels button.  When the OP hits the button for the fifth credit in, the "Bet 1 Credit" button light should turn off as it's not eligible to be hit anymore.  Perhaps there's some kind of miswiring or short where when that lamp is turning off it's in turn closing the switch for the Spin Reels button?  Seems crazy, but that's about the best I can come up with.

I think the simpler thing to start with is just trying a RAM clear (and then you'll later need a SET chip to re-enable the bill validator).  If the behavior continues after a full RAM clear, then we can try some other troubleshooting steps.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2018, 07:01:03 AM »
Something else I also tried is using the white test button on the optics board. Same thing. If I hit it 5 times, the reels will spin.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2018, 07:08:27 AM »
SOLVED!! One wire on the play max credit was on the wrong leg of the switch...switched it over and now it’s perfect!!!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:05 AM »
Glad you found it, I didn't think it was a setting.  :applause:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »
SOLVED!! One wire on the play max credit was on the wrong leg of the switch...switched it over and now it’s perfect!!!

Good job!   :cool_thumb_up:

I guess that button switch was replaced at some point and they got the wires switched around.

And that's the suggestion/possible cause for the problem that knagl mentioned in his post.

Now we know how to add autospin for anyone that wants to get that feature.  :garfield:

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »

Good job!   :cool_thumb_up:

I guess that button switch was replaced at some point and they got the wires switched around.

And that's the suggestion/possible cause for the problem that knagl mentioned in his post.

Now we know how to add autospin for anyone that wants to get that feature.  :garfield:

It was most likely me lol. I swapped the buttons since the old ones were cracked but never had played it wit the old buttons in single credit mode

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »
You said you wanted to play five credits and then pull the arm, you could switch to 1271 and turn off autospin then you could press max bet then pull the handle. But then you would need a set15 to reset bill validator. 1271 will let you set credit limit high and hopper limit low.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
.....It was most likely me lol. I swapped the buttons since the old ones were cracked but never had played it wit the old buttons in single credit mode

Self-induced!   :banghead:

Well, you get extra points for being honest about it.  Plus you probably learned more about your machine from this adventure and that will help you down the road if you ever have other problems.

I'm still impressed that knagl came up with the button wiring as a possibility.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »
I'm still impressed that knagl came up with the button wiring as a possibility.

Aww, shucks.  :)

Congrats to the OP for figuring out the issue and thanks for posting the resolution.  :yes:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal