New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM, 2 Coin over Payment on every payout, except when...  (Read 8495 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I have an interestion problem. I'm working on a Bally EM model 1084 from Dublin.. It has a constant 2 coin over pay on every jackpot paid.. I have gone thru the hopper, zero switch is working correct, contacts and switches are cleaned and adjusted. The wiper board contacts are correct, BUT I still have a two coin over pay?? Now I can make it pay out correctly every time if I take the coin off the reels coin shelve. I take the first 3-4 coin off. Now I have about a 1-2 second delay before the coins go under the roller to be counted, and pays correct every time this is done.. Now if you leave the coins on right up to the payout roll, and hit a jackpot you get 2 extra coins every time?? It doesn't make sense, delay the coins, it pays correct, or you get two extra if they start to pay immediately?? I did run the hopper to test the safety timer, but it never turned off.. The spiral cam is resetting and opening the zero switch after you coin up and pull the handle.. I took a picture of the hoppers coin wheel and shelve, and I think this hopper has 50 cent setup in it.. Someone made a hopper knife to work in it..  I don't think that my problem.. Any ideas??

Thanks Gary
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:13:35 PM by cowboygames »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Bally EM, 2 Coin over Payment on every payout, except when...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Just a goes, but sluggish/sticky switch on the counter maybe?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »
Just a goes, but sluggish/sticky switch on the counter maybe?

This is a EM that's mechanical counting, one coin under the roller advances the 100 tooth gear 1 click. That advances the spiral cam one position on the payout wiper board. That is alway correct even after the two extra coins? It's acts like it has a delay or reset circuit in the first 1-2  seconds that the hopper runs?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:27:50 AM »
So it it my understanding that the 100 tooth  gear and the wiper arms are only advancing (10 coin win) 10 places but giving out 2 extra coins? Or does it advance two extra places as well with advancing the wiper arms when it doesnt have your man made delay? Its pretty good that you have discovered what you have too. I am wondering if the coin sitting on top of the knife ( good job on the retro 25 cent upgrade) could be holding the advance levers on the 100 tooth gear too far so when it goes to pay it doesnt actuall know its giving that one out. I know you said it gives out 2 .... but got to start somewhere....Its strange.  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »
does your kicker blade that knocks the coins off the wheel not give you the 1-2 coin delay

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:45:21 AM »
does your kicker blade that knocks the coins off the wheel not give you the 1-2 coin delay

This hopper doesn't have the solenoid operated kick blade.. For some reason, if I leave the coins loaded on in in hopper right up to the roller as pictured I get two extra coins paid on every jackpot. The hoppers wipers are alway in the correct position , be it 2,5,10, or 14 coins. It's like the hopper is receiving a signal to cycle the solenoid that returns the spiral cam and wipers to zero was the hopper is energized. That's erasing my first two coins counted?  Reason I say this is if I only remove two coins and not three off the hoppers disk, I can get a constant one coin over pay??  Now figure that out.. Going to have to get the extension cable out and closely watch the hopper on jackpots paid.

Gary
And remember...

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
how many coins is the jackpot

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
how many coins is the jackpot

They are the usual payout for a fruit machine. 1 cherry pays 2, two cherrys pays 5, oranges pay 10, plums pay 14, bells pay 18..  I don't know the other symbols payouts since the owner didn't bring the top glass or have I tested them.
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
Sounds like your hopper motor brake is slipping.  Or its spring tension might be bad.
You could also adjust your coin out switch to click in early and open late, giving more time for complete payout.
(instead of close at 10 and open at 2, make it 9 and 3 to see if this knocks off at least one of those coins.
Are there any pics for that assembly in our Bally Manual???
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 08:15:43 PM »
Ok time to up date.. I wanted to bench test this hopper but can't because I have not made my 30 pin extention cable yet.. I think I might have found the problem... There is almost 2 full coin of play in the hoppers coin wheel and shelve. If I rotate the payout wheel to take the play out before a payout it's counting correct no matter how many coins are on the wheel. If I don't do this I get my two extra coins.. I will totally remove the coin reel and shelve tomorrow to address the play..

Almost for got to say that the brake seems fine, I did manually check it, didn't seem to have any binds, and work correctly.. I guess I could get my jumper power cord out a test the motor and brake..

Gary
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:00:17 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
bad motor brake or missing spring may cause that, so if after your work it still happens, give it a look.
Sounds like pinwheel is not locking in when it should.
If your payfingers stop where they should, the reel mech is probably not the problem.

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
I do apologise amechanic I didn`t read the title it overpays 2 on every payout   :duh:
see how you get on with removing the coin reel and shelve

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »
 :banghead:  Update.. I took the hopper apart this morning, cleaned and check the brake, working correct... I've corrected the pinwheel play too, but I still have my two coin over payments... I did notice something strange happen when I was testing the hopper.. After a jackpot been paid, I noticed that the spiral cam is resetting back to zero as you start to pull the handle.. Normally it doesn't reset to zero until the second reel is stopped and locked and while the third is still spinning.. This hopper is getting two signals to energize the return solenoid during each reels assembly cycle? I advanced the spiral cam again after the first pulse and was able to see the spiral cam return to zero again at its normal time.. I'm not sure what this means or if it's my problem, but at this point I'm now lost and confused  :duh: :Scratch-Head:  What set of contact keeps this from happening normally? I double checked one of my other EM machines, and they only cycle that solenoid once??  :EmoticonHelp4:  :banghead: :banghead:

Gary
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
Check your reel mech B switch, that and the hopper zero switch should be the only two switches inline with your payout counter reset coil.
Also make sure your reel mech 'C'stack switches are all ok.  If they close too soon, it can pay before second reel indexes as I recall.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »
Check your reel mech B switch, that and the hopper zero switch should be the only two switches inline with your payout counter reset coil.
Also make sure your reel mech 'C'stack switches are all ok.  If they close too soon, it can pay before second reel indexes as I recall.

You were correct..  :hail: The B switch was making contact on the forward stroke as well as the return stroke.. I adjusted them and checked the C switches (seem good).. I installed the reels and played the game for a while, and I'm happy to reports that every jackpot were spot on!!  :dancing_2:  :thank_you: Donner for the lead and advice..  :1:

Gary
And remember...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »
Rock on Donner!!!!  :hail: :hail: :hail:

FYI: this man " Donner" aka "Old Reno" has enough knowledge to fill a book or two....so many are just not appreciating it!!! This man is crazy knowledgable about EMs!!!!!! Use it or lose it people!!!

Many thanks to amechanic, of course, but Donner knows this sh*% like the back of his hand!!!!

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
Aw shucks...
Thanks guys.  That's what happens when you work a busy floor with lots of machines down...you have to learn quick.
Always will I be glad to share, after all these machines were designed by diabolical clever folks, and they deserve to have this knowledge passed on.
Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal