New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SAVP 3-Reel Shelf board problem/question  (Read 2125 times)

Offline VPTech65

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • VPTech65 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SAVP 3-Reel Shelf board problem/question
« on: August 31, 2023, 08:01:53 AM »
We have an SAVP that has a P/N 76942000W reel driver board that went bad.  I ordered a replacement from IGT and all they have is a refurbished reel shelf assembly with a P/N 76943500W board and we can't get it to work.  The IGT service tech tried flashing it with several different firmware versions. We tried both the bios chip that came with it and the one from the original board, verified dip switch settings, and did everything else we can think of.  We swapped it between machines and the problem definitely follows the board and the original problem machine works with the board from the good machine.  What the replacement board does is goes into a reel tilt on all 3 reels immediately, and goes right back into it as soon as we try to reset it.  So mainly I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure if a 79643500W board will work to replace a 79642000W, and if yes, what needs to be done to make it work? 
Thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:26:41 AM by VPTech65 »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: SAVP 3-Reel Shelf board problem/question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 08:06:44 AM »
Subject moved from GENERAL CHAT to IGT S-AVP
~moderator
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline VPTech65

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 07:34:20 AM »
I had temporarily gotten my original board working but now it died again.  It won't communicate USB at all, not seen by my PC or the driver update utility and Red LED DS8 is on solid.  So I'm back in the same boat.  IGT sold me a refurbished reel shelf with a 76943500W board and they insist it's a valid compatible replacement but I can't get it to work.  This makes a total of 6 of them I've tried, and with various flash firmware versions from BFRD0006 to BFRD0030 and everything in-between.  I've also confirmed that the game works with the good board from the game next to it and the new board has the same tilt in the good machine.  So I'm hoping to find someone else who has also tried replacing a 76942000W with a 76943500W and can confirm weather or not it worked.  And what had to be done to make it work if any success was had. (Ram clear, option change, new reel assemblies, etc.)  Also if anyone knows where I might find an original 76942000W please let me know.  Thanks again

Offline VPTech65

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 10:29:16 AM »
Still trying to fix my 76942000W reel shelf board because I can't find a replacement.  After further research, I figured out why the new type of board, the 76943500W doesn't work in the game.  It is actually compatible with the game but not the current reels.  The old machines like mine only have a single white reel backlight but the new ones have the RGB light boards.  It's looking for those and doesn't see them so it goes into a tilt.  If I were tp purchase 3 new PN 66040101R Reel Assemblies (Wide, BP, JPO, RGB) then I could use the new board which I have several of on hand.  But unfortunately for reasons I don't want to get into here, I currently can't buy anything from IGT.  So I was wondering if anyone has schematics of the 76942000W reel shelf board?  On a very similar board 76941900W (4 reel type) I'm using for comparison troubleshooting, I see the chip select pin 1 of the boot chip toggles a few times on powerup and stays high, but on my dead board it stays low.  And I trace it all the way back to the big Xilinx Spartan IC. I can't go much further without a schematic.  If anyone has any documentation they'd be willing to share, or has seen this before and knows the solution, please let me know.  (And I did verify all the power supply voltages are present and good btw)
Thanks

Offline VPTech65

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 11:40:26 AM »
I found out the compatibility issue is the old boards like my P/N 76942000W are only for a single white light reel backlight but the new ones like 76943500W are for reels with RGB backlights.  IGT told me if I replaced all 3 reel assemblies with the new type it would work.  Fortunately I was able to get an original 76942000W board from an aftermarket vendor and the game is finally up and running now.  Those old green boards are pretty much non-existent and I was very lucky to find one. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal