New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 11075 times)

Offline ucanwin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • ucanwin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 11:31:39 AM »
This is the best that I can do without disassembling the unit.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
so if I'm understanding you correctly with the paper covering all contacts but that one the hopper motor will run

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 12:20:28 PM »
Not exactly. What I did was remove the paper starting from the bottom one contact at a time. The hopper did not begin to run until I removed the paper from the top contact.

As I am writing this...I went back to the machine and put a piece of paper under just the #7 contact and closed the door. The hopper did not run. I opened the door, and pulled the paper out, expecting the hopper to start running when I closed the door.....but it did not. Now, when I close the door the insert coin light is lit but it will not accept a coin. The coin lockout relay is not energizing. If I open the door and hold the lockout back and drop a coin through, is shows coin accepted (but will only accept one coin) and the handle relay does not release the handle. But the relay on the side of the mechanism (opposite the handle) energizes, so I know that the relay coil is okay. I'm sure that you are probably about as confused as to what is going on as I am. Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to try to help me with this nightmare.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 12:39:10 PM »
Ok okay off to electrical circuits if you have not downloaded the Bally's em manual from the file system I recommend you do then we can be on the same page page number 18

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »
Okay, I downloaded the EM Manual. I tried to print out page 18 but it will only print two thirds of the width, so I have a copy of Marshall Fey's book on Bally machines and he has the same info on pages 20 & 21.
I did notice that your page 18 and also my page 20-21 are for 5 coin machines and mine is a 3 coin. Does that make a big difference?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »
no it does not it makes no real difference with the exception of a five-point has more X units and more steps in the Step Up unit

I have never seen the fries en Manuel I've been trying to find a copy to download but everybody wants money for it and like most people I'm cheap

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 01:31:59 PM »
Let it be known....I am not smarter than a fifth grader! I look at the schematics and admit, I am stupid! I can read mechanical drawings but when it comes to schematics....I am lost in space.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »
and that is why we need to be reading from the same book

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
From the photo of the door the machine appears to be a 1088.
The top contact on the payout  step up appears to be the feed wire/ contact strip.
Three photos attached, the schematic is for a 1090 machine. The other two are from a 1088.
Jon, laminated my schematics like you recommended, works great for tracing out wires.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 03:17:56 PM »
Dave do you have a PDF of that schematic I would love to have a copy for a 1090 if not I will give you the money to go have one scanned in

and any other schematics you may have please Dave

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »
Jon, I think these two pages are the same as the ones in the EM Manual, Pages 18 & 19 correct?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »
this gives you an idea of how it gets its power it comes through the coins swhich is on the side of the real machine the biggest problem is the dashpot

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »
if the dashpot is not returning all the way or sticky it will never put power to the handle release solenoid

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 03:52:10 PM »
The problem for me is that it gives the color code 52-1 at the handle release coil to the dashpot 57-1 but it doesn't give me (the dummy) the color codes in between the two points. That would make it easier for me to follow.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »
first off the color code on that page is not right for your machine I can just about guarantee you

dr. Dash pots which have one or two switches on it?

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
The dashpot moves freely. There are two sets of contacts on my dashpot. Both sets are closed at the end of the cycle and have continuity.
Coin lockout and handle release are not functioning.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »
I am trying to sell my house I have to show it in a few minutes so I will get in the manual here in a minute and tell you what I want you to do.
Do you have a jumper wire with two alligator clips on it?

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »
Good Luck with selling your house. We have one to sell too that we moved from 10 years ago. Had tenants in it for about 3 1/2 years. Other than that, it has been empty and a cash drain.
Yes I do have jumpers.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 05:18:57 PM »
Sending schematic for the handle release and coin lockout coils.

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
Thank you David Lee. Hopefully, I will be able to follow it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal