New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gamemaker Disabled, Won't Recognize Clear Chip  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Gamemaker Disabled, Won't Recognize Clear Chip
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
I have a Gamemaker v7000. I am attempting to change some games, but the machine won't recognize the clear chip. The machine was working fine prior to swapping 3 games. I have ordered a new clear chip, installed it but still am getting the same message: "Saferam failure; Game Disabled. To run saferam clear please insert clear chip... Otherwise reset dipswitches. Main saferam: Fail, Backup 1: Fail, Backup 2: Fail"

I could use a little help, if anyone has the time.
What I have done already..... Powered Down----> Removed Board---> Set DPSW1 to on (7 & 8 once and all once)-----> removed gamechips----> installed clear chip to P10-----> Installed new games ---> Re-inserted board ----> Powered ON ----> screen displays message stated above.
When I initially changed the games, I did not have a clear chip..... The games were not recognized so I reinstalled the old games and put it back together. The game worked fine, with the exception that the games I had removed and reinstalled were no longer on the menu. I waited for the clear chip to arrive.... Then started the steps above and the game has not worked since that time. I thought it was a bad clear chip so I had the guy from eBay send another one..... same story......
HELP. This game belongs to my mother-in-law and I am losing points DAILY hahaha.

Thanks,
Russ
« Reply #7 on: 09-08-2011, 21:44:36 »
You wrote that you removed the game chips then cleared the machine.  You only need to remove the p10 game chip, all of the others can stay in.  I have had to change the Saferam chips on boards before due to the chip itself going bad.

Thanks,
Wayne

« Reply #8 on: 10-08-2011, 02:11:13 »
Good catch Wayne.  applause applause +1 (Karma, or whatever)

If the ram chips are okay, then you need to populate the 9 other slots with the games you want along with the clear chip in P10 before starting a full clear. You then power up the machine with switches 7 & 8 on and go though the process as instructed onscreen. Some Mains will go through the initial hardware/machine options setup with the clear installed and some will have you remove it first. Either way, the machine will instruct you when to remove the clear. At that point power off, pull the board, remove the clear in P10 and replace it with the game that you want there. Leave the other 9 chips alone. Turn off switches 7 & 8, reinsert the board, and power up. The machine should then go into the initial game setup screens (or the hardware/machine options for some Mains).

Stat garfield

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal