New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809B - no payout at one cherry !  (Read 6434 times)

Offline david_germany

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • david_germany New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 809B - no payout at one cherry !
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »
hi

first my name is david and i´m from germany and a slot machine newbe :-)
now ive got an old bally 809B which works perfect, but the machine dont pay at ONE cherry...
it should pay 2 coins, but it doesnt work, only sometimes...

can you give me a few tipps, what shall i do ?

sorry for my english... :-( i hope you understand my problem...

thank you so much !!!! :thank_you:

bye
david

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809B - no payout at one cherry !
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »
Hi David and welcome   :NLG_WELCOME:   I had a similar issue with a machine not paying out on oranges... It was that the contact finger for my oranges was not making contact with the wiper board on the hopper.. My zero stop bumper was so worn down that when it reset to zero, the contact came off the trace on the wiper board.. By turning or extending my stop bumper out allowed the wiper contact to connect the trace on the wiper board.. If you pull out your hopper, the wiper board and contacts should be on the left side.. There is a small rubber bumper that can be screwed in and out.. The contact fingers should be in the 6 0'clock position when the hopper is at zero... I hope that's not too confusing...

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
You can also try this .... after you get the cherrys and it doesnt pay open the door and move the reel with the cherry on it one way and the other just a bit. Sometimes it gets out of position on the index board in the back and needs a small adjustment. If this causes it to pay the coins, than that is what you will need to do and it just isnt making contact with the contacts on the wiper board at the rear of the reel bundle. Good luck and let us know what you find out.  :dancing_2:
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
 :wave:

hey !!! thank you so much for your answers. ill try this this evening...
id take a look to the hopper board. there is on that contact board a small black hole over the "2) :-(
do you see it ?

looks like burned... mmmhhhh
is that normally or is it responsible for the payout error ?

here is a pic of it...

thanks...

sorry for my english... is difficult for me to discribe technical things :-)))

bye
david
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:35:04 AM by david_germany »

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:23:01 AM »
It looks like the problem right there. I used to repair pinball and video game board edge connector traces with a copper strip and lightly tin the ends with solder, I cant remember where I bought this tape but it worked when I had a burnt tab. Not really designed to have constant wearing by a wiper arm contact. Maybe Oldreno or one of the other experts that have been ding this for a long time can help. Otherwise you might have to replace the wiper board and Barry Fox might have one. Looking forward to see what is a good fix other than replacing it.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
The burned piece is actually the gap between the '2' track and the '5' track, burned by arcing when the wiper steps off the '2' track. Clean it up with steel wool.

The tracks are not supposed to arc. There is a large resistor connected across the Win Relay coil (on the back of the hopper) to suppress arcing - check and see if there is one on your machine, or if it has been removed.  Note, it may not look exactly like the one in the picture, but it will be similar size.

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:20 AM »
good morning !!!!!!

thanks for all your help !!!!!!!!!!

i´d try to solder a small contactbridge with a copper stripe, to fill the burned hole...
but it doesnt work.. now i´ve got problems with "2 cherrys" too  :hissyfit:
the machine should pay 5 coins, but pays 4 only...

i think i need a new payout board...

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:37 AM »
@op-bell !!!

thank you !!
yes the large resistor is on my machine...
what should is clean with the steel wool ?

sorry i´m from germany and my technical english is not so good...

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:36 AM »
It should look like this (pic). It is not an ordinary printed circuit board. Underneath is copper as usual, but the top surface is not tinned, it is electroplated with nickel.

Use the steel wool to clean off the burned areas and get the track back to clean metal. Then you will see if the '2' track is worn right through to the brown insulator. If it is worn through, you have to solder on a piece of copper, but if not, you can repair it with just solder. Run ordinary solder over the clean metal to make a new surface, and wipe it off with a leather or cloth to make it smooth and flat. I once repaired a hopper board this way and it lasted for many years. When it wore out I repaired it again the same way.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:26 AM »
Once you repair and clean up the wiper board, you should check the condition of the wiper contact for your 2 coin payouts.. If you had the aching your contact could be burnt up too causing it not to contact the wiper board. You might be able to just bend it down a bit to make better contact or maybe just cleaning it will do the trick..
Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 12:23:59 PM »
You might also read this link:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17704.0

And, a word to the wise, always pay attention when Op Bell chimes in.  He knows his stuff.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »
thanks for all your help !!!!!!!

i have order now a new payout board from barry fox...
this guy is great...
$25 is a good price i think...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal