New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WHAT IS THIS PART? IGT optic???  (Read 1997 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
WHAT IS THIS PART? IGT optic???
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
Have these optics - marked SE 545-2 - they LOOK like door optics for IGT machines.  anyone?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WHAT IS THIS PART? IGT optic???
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »
I can't tell if that is an door emitter or cabinet receiver optic from the side view photo you're sharing with us.
Offhand, I think the SE abbreviation stands for the Sylvania Electric Co.
I think Osram is a branch company of Sylvania that makes different lamps and diodes.

However I Googled around briefly on the Mouser.com website and found that Honeywell makes an infrared emitter GaAs diode "TO-46" in the little brass metal can package named with a number as : SE5455-002

I also found that the plastic packaged ones are much much cheaper than the brass metal ones and still have that little lip that the optic holder grabs to and works just fine.

Searching now around for the correct voltage specifications and receiver diodes...  :stirthepot:
What I do know is that an IGT S+ door emitter optic needs about 5v to light up, draws about 3.3mW and can only be seen thru a camera lens to the naked human eye.
These same optics are used in the ABC Coin Optic Detector board under the coin mech and also used in the coin hopper.
Oh yeah I forgot....they're used also in the reel assemblies.
I found these but I don't know if they can be used...cheap as hell....like .19 cents each and a bag of 20 sets!
I'm still trying to figure out the voltages...hate to buy them and they burn out! Haha!

Check out this link! I bought from this Shenzen guy before in China...takes a little while to get here but worth it!...>>> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40pcs-5mm-940nm-IR-LED-Assorted-Infrared-Emitter-And-IR-Receiver-Diode-20pairs-Diodes-5mm-940nm/32701197641.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.58.ve45Qd
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:30:48 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
the part number is in fact SE5455-2 my mistake - you mention ABC coin optic etc - but is it the emitter for the S+ door? 

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »
Your pictured optic IS an emitter optic, with a 20 degree of narrowed beam angle flat lens.
I am just not sure is this has the right specs for an S+ though.
All of the emitter optics are the same in an S+ machine but again, I am NOT sure if this particular one is of the correct specifications.
I don't want you to install it and burn it out...haha

I am pulling out an emitter from my S+ to see if I can find any imprinted numbers on the can and will
try to report what I have in a little bit.

Also, each optic is very specific on which wire (cathode or anode) takes the power (+) and which wire is the ground (-).

Attached below to this post in a pdf file is a spec sheet from Jameco.com on your pictured emitter.
It will show you which  leads to connect the wires to to light up the emitter...>>>

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:38:55 AM »
 thank you for your great answer - the only thing that seems to matter is that these guy sell for over $5.00 - not worth the bother to repair bad S+ optics as they are plentiful and cheap.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:50:35 AM »
$5 is not bad considering someone had to get the 2-pin Molex connector, wires, male pins and solder it all together plus the special plastic optic holder that holds the emitter to the door.  :propeller:

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »
*Update*

I removed an S+ door emitter and read the voltage coming out of the 2-pin Molex with a simple hand held multi-meter.
With the door open, I got a reading of right around 5 volts coming out of the plug - give or take a quarter volt because of the pulsating effect.

I also measured the amperage the emitter Molex plug was pushing
and I couldn't get my multi-meter to read any higher than 50-52mA.
This is well within the range of the SE5455-2 emitter diode because yours can handle upwards of 100mA.

Because human eyes do not fall in the same spectral wavelength of these LED's, I grabbed a cellphone
and viewed the emitter quickly pulsating a blueish light through the viewer lens while in video mode.
I saw it light up a fairly weak, not overly bright blue light.. more like about a 3 watt bulb in strength.
Sort of like a little bit dimmer than a blue Xmas tree bulb but in a quick, flashing mode...I hope that describes it without me owning a light meter? Haha

Going by the Jameco specification sheet, I'd say your pictured SE5455-2 emitter would work fine anywhere needed on an S+.  :yes:

Finally, I noticed that the black ground wire (-) of the door emitter connects or is soldered to the middle pin of the TO-46 can.
The outside pin should be soldered to a red powered wire.
I'm surprised that it wasn't clearly shown on the Jameco specs sheet.
I hope that helps ya.

I'm going put my machine back together...haha!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:27:10 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal