New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1090 - 1737  (Read 16637 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1090 - 1737
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 06:40:18 PM »
It looks broken to me.. If it were cut it wouldn't have a couple single strands of wire sticking out of the end? I don't know what else to tell yea..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline v-drive

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • v-drive New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
Any way of getting a picture of another 1090 coin hopper? Maybe wiring diagram?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
The wire you show (the "what was white at some point but is CREAM/YELLOW) with the blue stripe is NOT a clean cut....blow up your pic and you will see it (little frayed strands). It comes from the silver junction directly to the left in the pic (above that cap) with the other 2 cream/blue wires. You can even see the broken solder joint (thanks to your AWESOME pic).

Easiest way to find where a wire DID go: Without forcing it, move the wire around a bit. Let it tell you where it is comfortable....and has been comfortable for years!  :yes:  Wires have great memories, and will tell you, through the means of least resistance, where they've been hanging for the last several years.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 09:06:25 PM »
Easiest way to find where a wire DID go: Without forcing it, move the wire around a bit. Let it tell you where it is comfortable....and has been comfortable for years!  :yes:  Wires have great memories, and will tell you, through the means of least resistance, where they've been hanging for the last several years.

That what it was trying to explain. It will only reach so far, usually right too the break..
 :agreepost:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 09:50:10 PM »
You can silence the bell by putting a folded piece of paper under the clapper.  I used to use a book of matches, as they fit real nice.  Nothing more annoying than a LOUD BELL!!!
Try setting up an oranges pay or other higher pay and see if you notice the hopper pinwheel turning...
Also note that you can remove the screw(s) holding your payboard in place, and pull it out so that you can see what is going on during a pay attempt. The wires should be long enough for that.  Just make sure you don't short anything on it to case, and you should be safe....  Try pulling on your carriage while the pay is supposed to be happening, and see if that starts the hopper moving.  The carriage is that horseshoe shaped thingy...
I guess I will have to open my copy of the Bally Manual and give you a page number...unless anyone already has it handy???
I suspect you have a payboard problem, possibly the spiral wiper fingers are not contacting the payboard well.
Sounds like a fun problem.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »
OK, now I've read more of the posts, it sounds like when you lift the coin out roller during a pay, that the payboard is pulsed, and that it also steps up.  This is good.  So, sounds like the problem is that you are not getting power to the hopper motor.
The picture of the broken 52 wire rings a bell (bad pun) but I don't recall off hand where it goes.  It may be part of your 120V system to the hopper motor.  What are the colors of the wires on your motor?
Also, during this pay, see if you can see if the payout relay is pulled down (turns on) when all this is going on.  If it is, then that even more points to the hopper motor missing part of its 120V. 
Note, you might be able to pull down on one of the reels during a pay, and if that makes the bell quit ringing, that should also make the payout relay turn on and off.  An easy way to see if it is pulling in.... Hope that makes sense.
I think a 52 wire is def part of 120v to hopper motor........

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 06:06:01 AM »
If you look at the switch bank, you will see the same color code on 2 other wires, my bet would be that that wire goes in there. Pull the insulater back and see if it looks like it pulled off of there.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline v-drive

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
Back of the hopper motor. White and blue wires are attached. Should there be another wire (s) connected to the other terminal on the top of the motor?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 09:02:06 AM »
Then that wire must belong to the jackpot relay, where those wires were the same color.
And remember...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »

It comes from the silver junction directly to the left in the pic (above that cap) with the other 2 cream/blue wires. You can even see the broken solder joint (thanks to your AWESOME pic).

Obviously, from my quote above,  :I_agree_1: . The wire belongs in the same joint as the other 2 of the same color.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »
Just those 2 wires on the motor.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
when you attempt to troubleshoot one of these machines  listening to what happens and when it happens will tell you a lot about what the machine is doing or isn't doing!.  The fact that the machine will not establish a credit and the hopper not turning on  points to the payout relay on the back of the hopper as a potential suspect.  one side of the payout relay coil has 50vac applied to it at all times. the other side, is what controls the payout relay coil turning on through a series of switches.  the other half of the 50vac circuit  travels through the reels, onto the payout disc, and finally to the payout relay coil. it is this action that should close the payout relay contacts, thus starting the motor. the green and white wires on switch section #1 perform this action. I have seen the plastic melt and form a groove where as even though the relay will close the white section that moves cannot move far enough to allow the contacts to close. Your contacts appear to be alright?? can't see because of the red/ blue wire. 
on your coin acceptance problem,  the coin switch relay (on the left side of the reel mech)  it will close on the downward stroke of the coin switch,(you can see it and hear it when it happens, and if the coin accept lamp is good and that circuit is good you should see the lamp come on) on the upward stroke of the coin in switch, you should hear and see the handle relay switch latch. this should set the machine in the coined mode. there is a set of contacts on the payout relay that would prevent the last action from occurring.   So both of the problems you are having could be caused by the same relay switch.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »

Damn, I just lost a whole long post. Rats!
However, Jim is absolutely right.  1st coin in downstroke releases the coin relay which turns on the coin accepted light, and importantly closes a normally open switch on the coin relay stack which goes to the handle release coil.  Upstroke then puts voltage through that switch and pulses the handle release coil through a normally closed switch on the handle release switch stack itself.  When the handle paddle releases, this kills power to the hr coil, otherwise it would stay on and burn up. It's a safety circuit.
This circuitry is shown in your bally manual, and if anyone wants to further discuss it, I am up to that....
Most every Bally is wired this way, regardless of the type or model.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 07:03:43 PM »
100% ... dont try to fix it if it aint broke .. or .. dont break it if its working fine
ME ...
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline v-drive

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »
First thing first....Thank you! I can't believe the amount of help on this site. Everything that everyone has said in their posts I have used and applied.

For a young guy not knowing the workings of an older style slot machine I have taken out, cleaned, fixed, soldered, replaced and put back together a retired non working slot machine. It now accepts my coins (1-3). The bell rings. The hopper now works and pays out correctly and even the time out mech works when the hopper runs out of silver dollars.

There are only 2 more questions and or concerns and I believe this machine will be fully operational.

First is the reset of the payout mech. When a winner is paid a new coin inserted is supposed to reset this. it does not and I have to manually pushed the plunger to reset in order to get paid on a new win. Picture is attached.

The second is on the handle/pull lever. from the picture you can see where the previous owner hooked up a spring in order for this machine to be used. is there in fact a spring that is needed for this and if so where does it hook up to?

Guys, once again I truly appreciate all of the help and insight into my particular issues with this machine. Is it unusual that I am now searching for cheap and non working slot machines to work on and repair? Just a little addicting! Donation is on its way! :thank_you:

- Nick

Offline v-drive

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 09:20:55 AM »
That spring does not belong there.. That lever behind is attached to a solenoid. When a coin is inserted that solenoid fires and unlocks that lever. It should fall down locking out the one with the spring on it. Once the handle is pulled, a rod comes up out of the hole one the top of the gearbox, and that then lifts the fallen lever back up into it latched position until the next coin it inserted. The way that spring is attached, it should allow you to pull the handle without inserting a coin.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
Thats the new style "FREE PLAY" spring
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
inserting a coin will only reset the odds unit, it gets the machine ready to count the proper amount of coins inserted. 

the "B" switch is the switch that will reset the payout counter. It is located on the left side of the reel mech.  center of the side wall, and the switch is mounted horizontally. after a credit is established, and you pull the handle, the reels being "kicked" off will close this switch for a small amount of time, when the contacts make on this switch it will fire the payout reset coil and thereby reset the payout counter. 

with the reel mech out of the unit, you can get the reels kicked off by pushing the plunger, and watch and see what that switch is doing, better yet, put a meter on it and you will see if the switch makes contact.  if this works, then you have a open wire going down to the hopper plug, or the coil is open, in any case that's how the payout counter is reset.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 12:27:11 PM »

There are only 2 switches in the payout counter reset circuit.
One is the 'B' switch which is normally open, and does not close until the next game is started and the handle is physically pulled.
The other is the payout counter reset switch or '0' (zero) switch.  It closes ONLY after the payboard has stepped at least one step.  It is normally open also.
If the zero switch is closed all the time, then the hopper will reset on every handle pull even if it doesn't need to. It may wear out the reset coil eventually, but the machine will still operate.  If it is open all the time, you will eventually get short pays or no pays since the payboard is unable to reset after a payout.
If the 'B' switch never closes, you will have the same exact symptoms as if the zero switch never closed.
If the 'B' switch is always closed, you will have a hopper runaway on every pay.
Try adjusing your switches these ways to see what I mean, or you can follow out the circuit I think on your free downloaded bally manual.

When in doubt on pays, always pull out the hopper and look at where the payboard fingers are.
Also note that if the payboard does not reset, then your winner paid light will stay on.

Jim gave a good explanation, but I will add that to check the action of your B switch, all you need to do is push back on the variator bar and you can see the B switch work.  The variator is the black bar with the gear wheel just above the clock assembly on the left side of your reels.  It times the clock assembly and introduces randomness into the reel spin.  If my free downloaded Bally manual was open, I would give you page # and part # but it isn't.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal