New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Triple Lucky 7's IGT S2000 machine - No signs of life  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Archilea

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
Triple Lucky 7's IGT S2000 machine - No signs of life
« on: March 02, 2021, 04:29:26 PM »
Newbie here, never owned a machine. I have an opportunity to pick up a "Triple Lucky 7s" machine that doesn't currently work.

The seller gave me the following description:

It was working fine until it hit a large jackpot then it went haywire. It was just played a lot and the door was opened and closed a lot. There are no melted wires. It does power up."

This seems like a great opportunity, and I've always wanted to own a slot machine.  As an electrical engineer, I can handle the wiring, but every machine has it's little details that can derail things... so here I am.  Can anyone tell me about this machine, what to look (And look out) for, etc. ?  Where do I start?  Is it worth $150?

Pic for reference:

May be an image of food
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 03:35:44 PM by Archilea »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie considering a "Triple Lucky 7's" machine that doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »
Buy it!
We'll help you fix it. When you move the machine, first take out the hopper (if it has one)  or you might have coins stuck where you don't want 'em.
When you get it home, power it up and post what error code (s) you see on the display. It actually might not be broken at all!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:53:31 PM »
I don’t think it has a hopper, since I don’t see a coin head mounted on the button deck.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 07:01:16 PM »
It won't be difficult at all to get some parts to make it take coins....however, that particular game is much more fun to use bills and tickets as it is setup to be.

For $150, that's very good even if some stuff is kaput.

It's one of the easiest games to up and running the way you want it....parts/games are readily available for that platform.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:09:16 PM »
I don’t think it has a hopper, since I don’t see a coin head mounted on the button deck.

Whoops! I obviously didn't look that close!  :duh:

Offline nglayton

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 09:45:36 PM »
For $150, I would buy it.  The parts alone are worth at least that much.

If it powers up your 1/2 way there. Lots of great info here to read up on and it would surprise me if someone hasn't already post an answer to whatever issue it has.

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 10:06:56 PM »
I’m a newbie too and I’ve gotten so much help here. I would definitely buy it for that price. Sounds like a steal.
-Robert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 10:52:02 PM »
Make sure there's no bricks inside....lol
At least check to see what's in there...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »
It looks like the reels may have been jarred but if it hit any payout, it may simply have had some kind of printer jam or error if the cashout was attempted.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 10:30:40 AM »
Thanks for all the great responses! I heard what I wanted to hear - it is a pretty easy to get back up and running, and parts are available for it. Seems like a no-brainer, so I'm picking it up on Saturday (For $125, no less).

I'm looking forward to digging into it and making it functional - and possibly adding coin capability to it.  Thanks everyone - More on Saturday!

Here's a few more pictures:
May be an image of food
May be an image of food

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 11:06:49 AM »
Looks good! I bought my first back in September and immediately added coin capability to it. With the help from the members here of course. It was a sinch!
-Robert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »
Looking at the pictures...looks like it's loaded with everything...cool find! :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 03:28:47 PM »
I have the machine in hand now.

When I power it on, there is no sound, no lights (Other than the interior service light) and no activity.
- Is there a sequence with the key and switch, or do I just turn the switch to "1"?

No smells or obvious burning/melting of any wire harnesses. Everything seems normal.

- Is there a main fuse or breaker that I might have to reset? I didn't feel one on the power module in the back.

There is obvious damage to the tray speaker connector, and the bill collector snagged a wire and ripped it off the cable tie pad. I circled these in red in the first photo.

There are lots of "Not connected" connectors in the harness I assume this is normal... but could be wrong.

- I don't suppose there's a basic operation manual here, is there? I feel like I need the ...For Dummies book to get started.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: Newbie *Bought* a "Triple Lucky 7's" machine that doesn't work
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 05:09:16 PM »
Start reading about your machine...>>>

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21511.0

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 06:55:18 PM »
Thanks, Stayouttadabunker - I've spent several hours there already.

This seems more like a simple power supply issue, as if the supply is either dead or not receiving power. I don't get the first signs of life.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »
OKay...you have the reels out of there.

Push the power supply box rightwards into the power connector on the right hand side of that box fulla holes...make sure the power switch is OFF...OFF means the circle on the power switch.

By pushing together the power supply box into the connector insures good contact.

There's a little thumb screw on the left hand side of that box...

righty tighty, lefty loosey

but it's a junk and strips inside....it's better to just push rightwards the power PS box into the connector.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 08:45:11 PM »
The switch appears to be in the "ON" position when you took these photos with the machine apart.  You need to make sure that whenever you pull/push/remove/add or move things inside the machine, that you do so with the power OFF.  These machines are not hot-pluggable for anything and doing so quickly causes all kinds of damage to various components.  So always make sure you have power OFF before removing/adding anything to the machine.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 06:30:21 AM »
Thanks. Stupid mistake on the switch, thanks for reminding me. I promise to do better (Or I'll pay for it, I'm sure).

So I pushed the power supply and connector together, disconnected completely and reconnected a couple of times, with no luck.
Then I removed the power supply completely and put it on the bench - It's hard to see well, but all the caps look OK (No bulging or other issues), no signs of damage or smoke.

After re-connecting the power supply and tightening the thumbscrew (Mine's not stripped - yet) I connected AC and turned on the switch - and was greeted with lights and sounds!!!

Very awesome. Then I noticed it was beeping three beeps - High, lower, then high again. The top light on the candle tower was blinking. Bill acceptor light is blinking.

So I looked at the display:
When it starts up, I see these messages:
- Display's NETPLEX link is down.
- Display passes self-test.

- PLEASE WAIT... TESTING MEMORY
- RAM Error
- Call Attendant

<Turn Key>
- Game EPROM CRC Mismatch -0xB000001

On the inside, I see (Top to bottom) the following LEDs:

yellow - off
yellow - off
yellow - ON
yellow - ON
red - off
White button

I am 1000% sure that the previous owners did NOT try to switch games, or touch anything EPROM related. They were afraid to touch wires. 
So maybe the EPROM was corrupted somehow, or the legs on the chip corroded (Should I try re-seating them?).

Next steps?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:46:54 AM by Archilea »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 06:42:33 AM »
Keep turning the j/p key (4 times probably) until it says to hold in the test button for 3 seconds then it will tell you to close the door.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 07:08:50 AM »
That worked! ...sort of.  (What does "j/p" stand for?)

I turned the key once:  NON-RECOVERABLE DATA ERROR
Twice: SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST
Thrice: PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS

Pressed test switch (White button on main board): PLEASE CLOSE THE MAIN DOOR

Closed the main door:
- NETPLEX Auto-Config in Progress
- Waiting for NETPLEX Devices
- REELS SPIN, right to left!!!!! (Small celebration inside!)
- Play 45 Credits
- CALL ATTENDANT
- CLOSURE M (Not sure what this one is - It senses the main door closure, so it might be something else?)
- Main Battery Low  (Is this the 2032 coin battery?)

Then, I tried turning the key a few more times.
I was able to get to the menu, which had 3 top level menus:
- Accounting
- History
- I/O Tests

I tried navigating through the menus, and ran the I/O tests (I think)... and then:

The display went dark
The lights started flickering very rapidly (Ballasts going crazy?) They are fluorescents...
Everything seemed to go dark.

Now, when I turn it on, nothing happens - back to square one with no lights or sounds. I'll re-seat the power supply again and see if that does it, but I wonder if I should use some contact cleaner on the connectors?

Thanks to everyone that got me this far...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal