New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE non plus broken again. Time for MAME conversion?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline videoporker

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • videoporker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
PE non plus broken again. Time for MAME conversion?
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »
My PE non plus Deuces Wild machine has been slowly dying. I've been able to keep it going thanks to this site and the great people here.

The monitor, although in new shape with no burn in, now needs caps or whatever. It takes about 20 minutes for the image to come up when it is first turned on. Over the weekend the coin optics went out again so now it won't register any coins put in. Gives me the coin sequence error putting a coin in when the door is open too. I tried cleaning it good but it didn't work this time. Probably just needs a new one.

All fairly easy fixes but I've been thinking of gutting it and putting a computer in there to run all the great PE+ MAME stuff with a LCD screen anyway.

I am Gamblor !

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: PE non plus broken again. Time for MAME conversion?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »
You'd lose the coin-in and (I think) hopper payouts if you did that.  On the other hand, it shouldn't be too tough to rig up a mechanical coin acceptor and cherry switch to trigger the keyboard input.  I don't know about powering the hopper for coin-out stuff, though.  I don't know if that's been done by anyone...

I think it'd be an interesting project to convert it over.   :yes:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline videoporker

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »
Yes, I'd loose the hopper pay out and coin in. I wasn't going to use coins at all anymore. I'd just use the "bet one credit" button on the machine to trigger the keyboard coin in on MAME. The max bet and card hold buttons would work normal. Have to find a new use for the "change" button. I would have a mouse or touchpad hooked up to select games and choose numbers in keno.

They make something called an I-PAC to easily hook the hold buttons and any other controls to the computer keyboard input. I've taken keyboards apart and soldered wires to make MAME input devices before, but it's kind of a PIA.

I really like your idea of using a coin to trigger the input. I could reject route the coin right back to the tray and still eliminate the hopper and other internal stuff.
I am Gamblor !

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:55 PM »
I really like your idea of using a coin to trigger the input. I could reject route the coin right back to the tray and still eliminate the hopper and other internal stuff.

I'd be a bigger fan of that than hooking up the Bet 1 button to the coin-in input, since you'd have no way to bet anything less than max credits otherwise.

You may want to consider keeping the Change button wired in as intended -- you need it for tournament games, and there are some MAME ROMs out there that support video poker tournament games.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline videoporker

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
To clarify, I'd be hooking the "bet one credit" button on the machine to trigger the "insert 1 coin" function in MAME. You can bet less than max, then push the "draw/deal" button and play the hand. But never bet less than max in case of a royal flush anyway, right? A clever fellow could find a way to have a real coin dropped in trigger the same thing too. I might give it a shot.

I guess there are a lot more poker/slot ROMS for MAME out there than the old initial release PE+ ones that I have been playing. I thought of updating my MAME release from UI32 but I can't seem to find the newer ROMS anywhere online.

Thanks for your insight and suggestions. I'll post my progress as I go.
I am Gamblor !

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
I understood what you were saying for the Bet 1 button, but failed to realize that by doing that you could indeed bet 3 coins if you wanted to -- you just wouldn't be able to bet an arbitrary number of credits if you don't have a Bet 1 Credit button.

A lot of the ROMs are out there -- just Google the chip numbers found in Brian's awesome post here and you can usually find a place to download at least most of them...

Offline videoporker

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »
A lot of the ROMs are out there -- just Google the chip numbers found in Brian's awesome post here and you can usually find a place to download at least most of them...

Very helpful indeed. Thanks for that tidbit knagl.

Has anyone ever seen Money Fever(Williams?), Flush Fever or Flush Fortune variations of poker in MAME? Actually, Flush Fortune might be on the IGT Game King platform.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:39:13 PM by videoporker »
I am Gamblor !

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal