New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ok I have a 1999 Williams Jackpot Party, Well two of them with the same problem  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Tmmybahama

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tmmybahama New User has no influence.
  • Pic of wife; best bet I ever placed for life!
Getting an error.  Tilt was litt then said ronn (rom) sound 0.... or sound 0 ronn....  Does this mean my sound chips on XU 17,18, 30, and/or 31 are shot????  I took all the chips out and the reel chip and eprom and put into a working Winning Streak with the same CPU Board.  I reset the board and did the game exchange which it recognized... and then this error.  what is the problem>>>  Any help would be so appreciated.... I also need some other stuff fixed on another XFACTOR, and two more winning streaks, but I need my last two Jackpot Party games to be up and ready.... GOt em both sold when I do... I was actually thinking I would be able just to change those chips and Id be done... WRONG... So I know something is wrong with one of the 4 chips.....  I THINK....  :Scratch-Head: :duh: :Scratch-Head:
“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Gambling is a way of buying hope on credit."

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Probably, do you have an eprom reader?  You can then read the chip and compare the checksum with the one printed on the label of the chip to tell which one is bad.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tmmybahama

I do not....  Should I post a WTB a good set, and then copy another with my EPROM Burner?
“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Read all 4 chips on your eprom burner and post the checksums.  I will be able to tell you which is the bad one provided I have the same set as you.  Then you can just acquire/buy the one that is bad.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tmmybahama

My burner is an old homemade guy that just duplicates em, no readout....  So if you think that FOR SURE ONE OF THESE ARE SHOT, WHERE CAN I BUY 4 OF THEM FOR LEAST AMOUNT FOR MY 1999 WILLIAMS JAcKPOT PARTY??? OR SHOULD I JUST WTB and see what becomes avail.....  I sold all the ones I had working and these are the last two.  ONe MUST STAY with me, for obv. reasons, classic and my wife and I love to play it; and the other will be handed off to my friend the moment its running 100%....

Brad

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
There's no way to know for SURE they are shot unless you look at the checksums to compare with known good ones.  I thought you said you had 2 of them, do they both do the same thing using either set of roms?

Offline Tmmybahama

Yes both are doing the same thing....  Exactly... And I have moved around the chips to each board thinking maybe I could locate the bad one on each board... that didnt work... too many combinations... Is it possible it could be ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS????

Offline Tmmybahama

There's no way to know for SURE they are shot unless you look at the checksums to compare with known good ones.  I thought you said you had 2 of them, do they both do the same thing using either set of roms?

How much is a reader????  And where do I go to get one?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
I use this one, there's an on-going debate about getting a more professional and pricier tool that will read and burn the chip in seconds.  This one takes like 6 minutes to write and about 50 seconds to read an 8Mbit eprom, though I think you have 4Mbit eproms, would take half as long.  This will work with almost of eproms you encounter  in our hobby.

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4282

Offline Tmmybahama

I use this one, there's an on-going debate about getting a more professional and pricier tool that will read and burn the chip in seconds.  This one takes like 6 minutes to write and about 50 seconds to read an 8Mbit eprom, though I think you have 4Mbit eproms, would take half as long.  This will work with almost of eproms you encounter  in our hobby.

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4282

How much are the next "level" ones... I dont need em to copy in seconds speed, but I know I will keep this piece of equipment for many years, if not a decade, so I want to be sure I am purchasing something that will be able to handle the chips as they hold more information, are faster, and more complex....  I dont want to spend thousands upon thousands, not even a grand for that matter, but I want to get something that wont leave me thinking I should have upgraded... If this one is good enough and will work for the next 5-10 years, then maybe this just might be the one for me.  I appreciate you putting out the suggestion.  Is there a some sites you would recommend I look at so I can compare a bunch of them and figure out why I want or dont want without having to visit 10 different brands over 10 different websites at the same time... (Or even if some people reading this might have a used one lying around for rock bottom pricing....)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
eproms are a thing of the past.  You will probably never need another eprom burner as everything now has gone to flash memory, either USB drives or compact flash memory.

But if you want to go pro, these are supposed to be the good ones:

https://www.eetools.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=303&ParentCat=17
https://www.eetools.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=300&ParentCat=17

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal