New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt s2000 or igt s2000 vision display not working  (Read 5126 times)

Offline Jackalhdz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jackalhdz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Igt s2000 or igt s2000 vision display not working
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 04:10:25 PM »
No Disp means the MPU can't communicate with the VFD display.  The VFD is a netplex device along with the bill validator and ticket printer.  You can try to disconnect those and see if it sees the display, but my guess is the VFD controller is probably bad. 

What is the history of this machine?  Has it ever worked?  You have a S+ SS chip and that normally is uses with a SB001000 base chip.  You have a SB000001 from my listings is for a different game theme. 

Does the upper vision display work? 

It belonged to my grandmother, the history is that she bought it at a auction and had it in her garage I ended up keeping it after she passed recently. From what I know is that the screen never worked or wasnt even hooked up. When I hooked it up I heard the speaks pop but just no display. When I got it, it seemed like they had it for coin play. It had coin in set up but was missing the comparitor. So I decided to take it off. Thanks for your reply. I will end up ordering a VFD board. What chip should I order for that particular game?

The VFD itself is probably good, the controller is usually the problem.  It's a small square board mounted on the door and a ribbon cable from the VFD will connect to it. 

A Vision machine won't play if the MPU and topbox computer do not communicate with each other.  You could probably get it working without it, but you'd have to replace the stepper game (SG) chips along with the base chip.  The base chip Mark mentioned should work provided the reel strips are the same for that and the SS chip you already have.  I'd get both a SB001000 and a SB100165 and try the SB100165 first (you have to remove the SS chip too).  If the payouts match the glass then you're all set.  If not put the SB001000 and SS chip in it and try that.  For the SG chips get a set SG000363's.  You'll also want a keychip so you can make changes to certain settings. 

First you have to fix the No Disp error though because the machine won't try to boot any further than that until it's fixed.

Hey guys good and bad news I finally got my VFD controller in today, and I was super excited to see turn on. That was the problem for the no display issue. But an another error came up on the screen said “display NETPLEX link is down” I did put the new circular battery on the motherboard. I did remove the green battery since it didn’t have very little power. Do I need to get a new battery for it to work?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
Make sure the power supply behind the reels is screwed in good.  Could be bad power supply, printer or bill validator.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »
Make sure the power supply behind the reels is screwed in good.  Could be bad power supply, printer or bill validator.

I used my working BV from my igt S+ and place it in and still nothing. The power supply makes a small winy nose so it would be. This machine doesn’t have a printer. I do have some new news though 3 amber lights are on now instead of all 4.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 05:51:37 PM »
S+ BV uses different firmware than s2000.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »
S+ BV uses different firmware than s2000.

Okay yeah I saw that my S+ has a wba-13-ss head and the s2000 has a wba -11-ss. & when I turn it on I hear a big click on the on the S2000 BV and makes the display turn off. Another question by having “display NETPLEX link is down” error would stop from the machine booting up as well? because the reels aren’t spinning either. I’m just afraid that I’ll have to buy a BV and then it be the motherboard

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2021, 07:21:41 PM »
S+ uses id022/023, s2000 uses id024

With machine off try unplugging the BV and then see if you can get past that error.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »
S+ uses id022/023, s2000 uses id024

With machine off try unplugging the BV and then see if you can get past that error.

I unplugged the harness from the back of the bill validator and same issue, plugged in the harness removed the bill validator and still the same error. I noticed that the big click sound was actually the level solenoid

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 08:09:16 PM »
Did you change any of the game software EPROMs on the MPU board?  What is the condition of the MPU LEDs after you turn the machine on?  It sounds like the MPU isn't booting now.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 08:28:14 PM »
Did you change any of the game software EPROMs on the MPU board?  What is the condition of the MPU LEDs after you turn the machine on?  It sounds like the MPU isn't booting now.

No I haven’t replaced any EPROM’s  just placed a new circular 3v battery on it. The MPU board has some slight of battery acid where the old green battery was. When I turn on the machine the mpu board LED’s all light up besides the red. Which is 5 yellow and one green. And on the winning paid/credits/coin played screen still shows dots

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 09:03:46 PM »
OK.  Does the VFD display ever show "please wait... testing memory"?

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2021, 09:11:53 PM »
OK.  Does the VFD display ever show "please wait... testing memory"?

No it doesn’t, it goes straight to “display NETPLEX link down”

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2021, 09:25:57 PM »
Check the +13 and +25 power supply outputs.   Do the candle lights blink?

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 11:41:19 AM »
Check the +13 and +25 power supply outputs.   Do the candle lights blink?

Sorry for the late response, how can I check the +13 & the +25 power supply? And yes the candle is flashing “bottom yellow light candle is flashing”

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
J9 on the backplane works for me.  It's easily accessible.  Bottom left orange wire should be +25VDC, bottom right red wire should be +13VDC. 

Did you get the Netplex connector hooked back up when you replaced the VFD controller.  It's the green wires that plug into the bottom of the board. 

If you leave it powered on for a couple of minutes does the LED display go back to saying "no disp"? 

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »
J9 on the backplane works for me.  It's easily accessible.  Bottom left orange wire should be +25VDC, bottom right red wire should be +13VDC. 

Did you get the Netplex connector hooked back up when you replaced the VFD controller.  It's the green wires that plug into the bottom of the board. 

If you leave it powered on for a couple of minutes does the LED display go back to saying "no disp"?

Okay so I checked with my voltage meter and I was getting 1.8v on the orange and .7 on the red wire.
And yeah after some mins the winner paid screen will say “ no disp”. And yeah the VFD controller is plugged in green wires are plugged in

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2021, 03:47:34 PM »
Are you sure you were on the right connector, wires, and DC scale on meter?  If they were that low the machine would be completely dead. 

Ok, that's good. 

Double check those voltages again.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2021, 04:59:40 PM »
Are you sure you were on the right connector, wires, and DC scale on meter?  If they were that low the machine would be completely dead. 

Ok, that's good. 

Double check those voltages again.

I’m not the best with a voltage meter or which setting it should be on. Here are some pictures I think your asking me to put it on. But I’m getting .4 on the red wire and 1.0 orange wire. And in one of the pictures I had it set to 200m
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:21:49 PM by Jackalhdz »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  Looks like you're on the right connector and have the multimeter set to the proper range.  The battery symbol on the meter display makes me think your batteries in the meter are probably low.  Replace the meter batteries and try again.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2021, 07:10:41 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  Looks like you're on the right connector and have the multimeter set to the proper range.  The battery symbol on the meter display makes me think your batteries in the meter are probably low.  Replace the meter batteries and try again.

Okay changed the battery checked the orange wire and it’s at 2.6 and the red wire is 1.0
Got a different meter and it was giving me  4.6 on red wire and  10.9 on the orange.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2021, 07:22:42 PM »
Ok.  Try a different ground point maybe.  Any interior metal surface should be good.  Also make sure the probes are making contact with the pins in the connector.  With voltages that low the MPU wouldn't boot and your lights wouldn't work either (the fluorescent lights work off the 25vdc power supply through an electronic ballast). 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal