New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: EM809 stand.  (Read 6072 times)

Offline tomstark22

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • tomstark22 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
EM809 stand.
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:30:25 AM »
I am going to build a stand for my slot but
i havent been able to find recommended measurements.   Anyone have em?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: EM809 stand.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:31:18 AM »
Tom:

If you are going to build a stand then the sky is the limit.  I would measure the footprint of your 800 series game and add at least 2 inches to each side for your base.  Most stands range from 24-28 inches high.  I like my games a bit higher, around 32".   I guess your choice will vary depending on if you will be playing seated or standing most of the time.  Please make sure that you make your stand sturdy enough to hold the 200 plus pounds that it will have to hold.  Share pictures with us when done.  Good luck.

Ra

Offline tomstark22

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • tomstark22 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
I would prefer to buy one but I haven't had any luck finding one.  I have been looking for about a year.  The other Option is to convert something but I don't want it to look cheesy.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
There is a company called White Clad.  They have real wood tables that fit the bill.  I have a few of them in operation.  Craigs list white clad end table in your area.  Most of the time a few can be had for not a lot of money.

Ra

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:36:04 PM »
Nightstand, end table, small cocktail table....stand or sit on it,...if it supports your weight, you're good (assuming you are 160-170+ lbs., if not grab a friend and have both of you test it)....
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »
And hey, kids, let's make sure that it is WELL secured and will never ever fall over or tip over on someone who pulls on the handle real hard. Shit happens.

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:24 AM »
Yes Reno/Donner is right.  Safety first!  I use shims to make sure that there is no rock and tip when the handle is pulled. A good leveling of the game also helps reduce rejected coins.  The White Clad Tables have been rock solid for me.  They also have a storage area below to hold you drop box and supplies.

Ra

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
And hey, kids, let's make sure that it is WELL secured and will never ever fall over or tip over on someone who pulls on the handle real hard. Shit happens.

I once witnessed a little kid (maybe 2-3yrs old?) scale the front of a slot on a stand using the coin tray and handle as footings and handholds. As I was having a heart attack, the parents non-chalantly told him "Oh no no, you can't do that" as they removed him from the machine (mostly just to put me at ease I think). I told them that even with the machine bolted to the stand, it could still come over on the kid (unless it was strapped to the wall somehow). With blank stares in their eyes, they just stood there and humored me with a couple nods. I know they were thinking "Little Billy only weighs 30-40 lbs. Hes not strong enough to pull over a 200 lb machine!?!?!"

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »
I cant stand parents like that.  They let little Todd and Becky run wild.  There are a few people that I do not let them bring their children to my home.  They refuse to instruct the child and when you tell the little train wreck to put your fragile item down the parent gets an attitude with me.  Go figure.

Just call me Scrooge

Ra

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »
A long story but here it is -- worked with a fellow mechanic Bob C. at the Money Tree, and on new year's eve one year, a young punk went through and shoved a little old lady.  Bob, being short tempered and a boxer, told the punk to apologize.  The punk gave Bob the FU word so Bob snapped and belted the guy.  He hit a bank of machines, and since they were not bolted back to back, the far side of 4 machines fell over into the other isle.  Fortunately the machines were tall enough and the aisle was narrow enough that the machines did not flatten the players on the other side.  It was amazing, and I thought we had seriously injured someone.  Bob had one hell of a punch. The punk ran off.  That's the same night someone threw a cocktail glass through the money tree windows from Harrahs across the street.  Since then no glass glasses allowed, only plastic.  The point is the machines are heavy, and they DO tend to fall over if not well secured.  After moving thousands of machines over the years, I know how easy it is for them to fall over, even all by themselves.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
I cant stand parents like that.  They let little Todd and Becky run wild.  There are a few people that I do not let them bring their children to my home.  They refuse to instruct the child and when you tell the little train wreck to put your fragile item down the parent gets an attitude with me.  Go figure.

Just call me Scrooge

Ra

You are not alone in your thinking....trust me...but I love your reference "the little train wreck", that's priceless, I'm stealing it!!!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:27 AM »
I designed a slot machine stand and have a local welder build them for me.. I took 1 1/2" angle iron for the top and had it welded into a 2 foot by 2 foot square, then had to legs made out of 1 1/2" square tubing.. I had mine cut to 24", then had them weld a cap on the bottom of each leg. Then for the top I used decking materal.. I used preasure treated 5/4" bull nose decking. One 8 foot board cut to 24" fits just perfect inside the angle iron top.. I painted mine gloss black, but if I were to do it over again today, I would have the powdered coated.. It's very reasonable, and you have you choice of colors too.. Doing it this way gives me storage under the stand and a place for my feet when I sit to play the games..
Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »
Very nice work Gary!!  I like it.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal