New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie could use some help  (Read 831 times)

Offline blynchx2

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • blynchx2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie could use some help
« on: November 06, 2023, 09:17:54 AM »
I have a 7's machine that used to work and was in storage for a bit too long with no power, so I replaced board battery and still can't get it to run.  When I powered it up, got a ram error, turned key, got eprom CRC error, turned key got non recoverable data error, turn key got some critical data error, turn key, press reset switch (white) now it hangs on please close main door.  I really like this machine and could use some advice on how to get it back.  Do I need a new board? do I send the board out for repair , chips?, can send some photos to anyone who might have some ideas
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 11:09:05 AM by qbert »

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: Newbie could use some help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:31:05 AM »
Welcome to the site
  Sounds like an s2000, so I moved the topic.  Once you have a couple more posts, just reply here, then you can post a photo of the board, and maybe a close up uf the area by the left rear where a green varta battery can leak and cause damage. 

Thanks,
 Wayne

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 09:52:08 AM »
photo of new battery

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 09:55:19 AM »
The left rear corner of the board is where a varta battery often causes damage.  Your picture is from the left front.

W

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:43:57 AM »
sorry

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
no need to be sorry, there is just miscommunication I guess. your second picture is of the underside of the same battery at the front left of the board.  I was referring to the rear left of the board. maybe post a pic of the entire top of the board, and we can circle the area.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 07:21:37 AM »
whole board

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 07:41:17 AM »
Send it to Lookes for repair. He does excellent work. Send him a PM.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 09:28:48 AM »
thanks for the advise, pm lookes right now.

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 10:24:15 AM »
I circled where the varta battery would have been.

Thanks for the picture,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 10:28:24 AM »
Check to make sure your stepper base chip is in the correct way.  The notch needs to align to the front, as marked on the board. It could just be a backwards label though. 

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 08:05:42 PM »
That board looks like it's in pretty good shape.
Are you sure you had the door fully closed and the door handle all the way down  when the vfd said please close the main door?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2023, 11:00:37 AM »
yea door is closed, even pushed on it up and down to make sure no alignment issues.  I think I might send board our to get a repair done, because I really like this machine.

Offline blynchx2

• NLG
Re: Newbie could use some help - SOLVED
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 10:23:14 AM »
So issue solved, I packed up board, shipped it to LOOK Electronics, John turned it around in days, shipped it back to me, plugged it in and worked like a charm.  He even put in a new battery holder and new coin cell.  This guy rocks!  Board was cleaned, tested and is perfect.  Very professional experience for sure.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 11:08:54 AM »
Glad to hear everything worked out well.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal