New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to connect bonus reel?  (Read 347 times)

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • FoRrHouse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
How to connect bonus reel?
« on: January 11, 2024, 09:55:12 PM »
Where does the 4th, bonus reel connect on an S2000?

There are 2 molex connectors, (1x) 2x6 male and (1x) 2x6 female connector coming from the 4th, bonus reel on the reel harness.
Where do these connect to?

I'm assuming J7  labeled as, "Spare Senet,"or J8 which is labeled as, "Cab Senet" on the mortherboard is were the male end goes and I think the female end connects to the cabinet harnesses 2x6 male molex that would normally connect to either J7 labeled as, "Spare Senet," or J8 labeled as, "Cab Senet on the motherboard"
Is this correct. See picture of the 2 connectors I'm talking about below.  Also See Picture of Motherboard & Corresponding Labeled Connectors.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 09:22:55 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: How to connect bonus reel
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 04:49:30 PM »
Anybody have an answer to this? Just added a Picture of the motherboard with labels for all connections and their corresponding J numbers,

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 05:37:21 PM »
I used to have a Big Times Pay 4th reel machine.
I think one of those harnesses went to the reel backlight driver board on the back wall behind the shelf, and the other went to the MPU I/O board?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 07:18:02 PM »
Hi Wayne. There is 2 cables that go to the backlight driver board.  I have those connected, but those are not the ones that I have pictured.  There is also one that goes to the MPU/cabinet I/O board but these 2 that I have pictured aren't related to that either. Hoping somone here will Know or have a machine that they can look at and tell me where these go.
Thanks for your help.

Eric

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 07:46:02 PM »
Of those two cables, one goes to J7 Spare Senet on the mother board. The other connects to that cabinet harness mating connector hanging down somewhere near the power distribution box. I can't really tell where all of these wires go from there. The wire bundle passes up behind and above the reel shelf and branch off. Some go to the power supply. Not sure of the others. It does not look like they go to the mother board. My guess is maybe the door or I/O board ?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 08:04:28 PM »
I'll check if I have one of those machines in storage here tomorrow.  We are having snow storm tonight, or I'd go out now.

Thanks,
Wayne.

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 08:35:59 PM »
@dailey and @a69mopar  That's where I thought that they would go, the male to J7 Spare Senet on the mother board and the other connects to the cabinet harness, female, mating connector. I have not ever done a retrofit, so I wasn't sure. Wayne, when you get a chance to verify, let me know.
Thanks for both of your help. I appreciate it.  I made the picture and labeled the motherboard hoping it would help other in the future too. Labels and J numbering is the same for both 504 and 0127 Enhanced backplanes.

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 09:53:45 PM »
You only need to plug in the one end to J7, the other is a just a piggyback if J7 is already in use as far as I can tell.  I have two 4th reel bonus machines with that other end plugged into nothing and everything works just fine.

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 02:08:51 AM »
@sixcardmark I am a little bit confused. I am converting a 5 reel to a 4 reel bonus machine.  I should note that I am also converting from a 504 MPU with regular backplane/motherboard to an 0127 Enhanced MPU and Enhanced backplane. When I disconnected the original, non Enhanced backplane/motherboard I labeled what socket, J number, the molex plugs came out of so that when I install the new, Enhanced 0127 backplane/motherboard I would be able to know exactly know where everything goes and I would be able to plug everything into the correct spots.  So, that being said, When I re plugged in all of the labeled connections from the old backplane/motherboard into the new 0127 Enhanced backplane/motherboard the cabinet harness already has something going to J7. So, aside from the connections that go to the light controller board, I have the (2x) 2x6 molex connectors coming from the reel harness. One of the molex connectors is a 2x6 male and the other is a 2x6 female connector.  Note: The S2000 5 reel, reel harness does not have these extra 2 molex connectors, (1x) 2x6 male and (1x) 2x6 female connector coming from the 4th reel bonus reel harness.  The only thing that I can think, logically, is that the male end of the 2x6 coming from the reel harness goes into J7 labeled as, "Spare Senet" on the backplane/motherboard and that the female 2x6 coming from the reel harness is used to plug into the male 2x6 connector coming from the S2000 cabinet harness and which would usually be plugged into J7 on the backplane/motherboard. So, confusing. 

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 02:52:24 AM »
Ok, found the answer!!!  When converting from a 3 reel or 5 reel machine, one must take out the 2x6 male molex connector plugged into the backplane/motherboard at J7 (named Spare Senet,") and which is part of the S2000's cabinet harness.  This male 2x6 molex connector then needs to be plugged into the female 2x6 molex connector coming from the 3 reel plus bonus reel, reel harness.   The male 2x6 molex connector coming from the 3 reel plus bonus reel, reel harness then needs to be plugged into location J7 (named "Spare Senet,")on the backplane/motherboard.

NOTE!  If you have a 3 reel Back lit light controller you will need to replace it with a 5 reel Back lit light controller. There are 2 versions of this 5 reel
            Back lit light controller board.   The older non led 4 or 5 reel Back lit light controller board  is PN: 76926800. The newer 3 to 5 reel Back lit 
            light controller board  is PN: 76936300 and can be used for both bulb based and led back lit reels.

The Male 2x5 molex connector coming from the 3 reel plus bonus reel, reel harness plugs into the Back lit light board controller at J4 and the Male 2x7 molex connector coming from the 3 reel plus bonus reel, reel harness plugs into the Back lit light board controller at J1.

Lastly, you must jump the male 1x2 molex connector for the cabinet i/o.  One of the wires is colored green and the other is black I think.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal