New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G23 red screen  (Read 412 times)

Offline Crzybowler300

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Crzybowler300 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT G23 red screen
« on: February 04, 2024, 02:38:38 PM »
Had a g23 mld for a couple months, got red screen talking about NVRAM and queue is full. Rebooted with ekey7 and all the games disabled has to start from scratch. Interestingly when it came back up with all disabled, the Nvram was at 93.3%. What could possibly be causing it to do that with not a single game enabled? Any suggestions from the pros would be much appreciated.

Below are links to my config after enabling games
https://youtube.com/shorts/lOJGTCvzUok?si=IEBu6pNQVA-X8EYI
https://youtube.com/shorts/URALc2hmb0I?si=_g2Sc0U_ZHIvj4FF

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT G23 red screen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 02:51:39 PM »
If NVRAM is are 93% you have too many games  loaded, even though not enabled.  Reduce the number of games loaded to something like 70% and the machine will be more stable.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 03:07:46 PM »
I have to be honest, I’m not sure even how to do that? Do I go in and uninstall them individually or is it a full wipe and rebuild? I have a ton of poker as you can see in the video but most are not enabled. Am I stuck with it being part of gk8.3?

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 03:39:45 PM »
Ewe, you have games in there with 8.3, my expereince with that combo has been a disaster.

If you have an EKEY you can just use the Manage Packages menu to remove games

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 05:24:08 PM »
If NVRAM is are 93% you have too many games  loaded, even though not enabled.  Reduce the number of games loaded to something like 70% and the machine will be more stable.

Just tried removing and get “protocol that controls legacy meter changes has rejected the game removal

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 05:41:11 PM »
Ewe, you have games in there with 8.3, my expereince with that combo has been a disaster.

If you have an EKEY you can just use the Manage Packages menu to remove games

Is there any chance of keeping that so I can have the multiplay pokers or will I keep maxing out Nvram over time? I assume it keeps going up with play? Is there a diff game king package I can get with the multi hand play that will still work with the mld slots?

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 06:51:43 PM »
See link for legacy meters. 

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=38791.msg205320#msg205320

See RB message

JUst remove some other stand alone games other than 8.3 to try to lower the NVRAM consumed

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 07:17:52 PM »
See link for legacy meters. 

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=38791.msg205320#msg205320

See RB message

JUst remove some other stand alone games other than 8.3 to try to lower the NVRAM consumed

I removed about standalone slot games and got to 92. The issue was I had to disable the Tito in order to let me remove. Just to be clear, as more gameplay is done, it will chew up more Nvram yes?

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 05:59:32 AM »
No, it’s how many games you have installed on the machine

Offline lvdesertrat

• Reputation Power: 2
  • lvdesertrat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 08:55:02 AM »
Keychip the game and when you do, clear the RAM. That may help.
Then simply reinstall your games and setup machine.

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 09:52:54 AM »
Keychip the game and when you do, clear the RAM. That may help.
Then simply reinstall your games and setup machine.

The red screen yesterday disabled all the games and basically took me through a new machine setup. That’s where the ram came down to 93ish. After playing some games it went to 95 before I uninstalled games so I’m just not well enough versed in these machines yet to know what else can or can’t be done. It surprising that 20ish slots and the game king package blows it up that high

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2024, 09:57:57 AM »
The Game King is supposed to be stand alone, was never meant to have other separate games on the same machine, so your mileage will vary. 

Mine sucked, I ended up just wiping the machine and installing 8.3R by itself and the machine was stable after that.

Offline Crzybowler300

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 10:30:40 AM »
The Game King is supposed to be stand alone, was never meant to have other separate games on the same machine, so your mileage will vary. 

Mine sucked, I ended up just wiping the machine and installing 8.3R by itself and the machine was stable after that.

Gotcha. The stability has been fine to be honest, just running that high Nvram. Can ultimate x be installed standalone as well as kenos through any different packages or are you kinda stuck there?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal