New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP Multi-Game  (Read 29070 times)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT AVP Multi-Game
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »
First thing you are going to need is a e-key.   I would get e-key 7 because it is a 3,4 and 5 all in one and you do not have to keep switching keys. You are not going to be able to accomplish anything without one.  I do not have any I want to part with.  Post a WTB (want to buy) in the classified section for one. You will most likely need a diagnostic thumb drive also or the appropriate cd-rom diag. discs.  Not sure if the diag. thumb drive will work on a 2.0-that is what you have.  You have to install a jumper on yours also (i think you can make one) or buy one.  I will attach a picture where the jumper port is at.  It is strange you say the game works for a few minutes then does this.  Have you verified the date and time is set properly?.  I have some more info around here it is just hard to get to it while packing/moving!. 

Offline LostinAVPland

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LostinAVPland New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
The Time & Date may be the problem.

I looked on the operator menu,  but no clock button shows anywhere.??

I can restart the machine after the red screen and it wil work another 4-15 min before it shows the error screen.

I will post for the keys and cd's.

what would a good price be??

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »
Time is in the set-up menu I believe.  You cannot change it without axcess.  I don't know if you can even view it but you should be able to view, Just cannot change anything.  Price is all in the owners descretion.  About two years ago a 7 and even 3,4,5 set were going for 500.00 !.  Last I heard around 150.00 or so.  Someone else can verify but, You may be able to use the diag. thumb drives instead of cd's on a 2.0, Not sure on that as I think you only have one secure port on frt. of brain box-That is where you will install e-key. 

Offline LostinAVPland

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
Thanks again.

Will try and get what is needed.

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
Thanks again.

Will try and get what is needed.

How did you end up?
PM me your number

David

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »
David,  I have talked to jim on phone trying to help also--Thought we had it, after 30 min. I had other obligations yesterday.  Simple matter but not simple when you don't know what to do in his case. clock/date/time  ---Have the keys -No diag. disc. needed to change this. 

Offline LostinAVPland

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »
IT IS FIXED NOW.
Thanks for all the help from members on this site.  A little more cost , some head scratching, good information and wham, It is FIXED.

THANKS.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
Did I miss the fix?

Offline LostinAVPland

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
OOH Fixed it this way.  May be different than what you will need..

I purchased some E keys, 
By inserting the E5 key (making sure LB switch is open),  Following the screen directions, changing the time to current, at the Use this keychip screen- Yes. Clear ram-Yes.   then at the keychip
screen, applied the keychip,  removed the E key, screen appears  (ram error) . pushed the white reset button for 3 seconds, set the games I wanted to play, made sure time and date was correct,  it works.

I believe the time n date,  and the version of the software must be correct for this to work.  good luck to all who needs some help on an AVP series IGT.  Some Great minds on here that help a lot. THANKS SO MUCH

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Thanks for the update. It might not help anyone right now but in the future it will.  ... and plus 1 to you for posting the fix.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
I agree with this all,  Thanks David for the help (Buzzaramma) or how ever you spell it.  Most times it takes a couple minds and then some to resolve and help/fix these things.   These are more of a complicated platform from bally alpha, wms - In the way they are set up.  Once you see these however and can navigate the avp's they trump the user level above the others on "user friendly level" and endless changes etc. .  These are just very well protected on axcess .  I think lostinavp is not so lost anymore-- :cool_thumb_up:   I say topic resolved?.   

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »
just curious what an avp usually costs, i don't see many of them for sale. and are the e keys hard to find?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
Yes,  This is a two part question.  Much like Bally alpha AVP covers many diff. platforms.  As it is now not many avps are for sale.  When one does come up you would need to know the cab./family you are looking at.   E-keys, some have I would think.  I do not know the particular avp platforms you are looking at or interested in  -G- ?s- Avps, ? 

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »
well the guy i talked to has a 2.5 and 3.0 avp available. but they are not cheap. he did say they are parts complete but untested.
i dont want to derail this thred i will probably make a new one tomorrow but im leading towards not getting one it will be quite an investment. and i dont normaly keep my machines long i get board and trade it.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
V, I hear what you said, The avp's ,Like many are expandable etc.  The ones  I had bought a while back and then be-headed them after would blow your mind on price.  I have no idea what the current market is now -and this depends on what platform.  I could use a G-23 bottom case myself for a build. Late here ,  My spelling sucks so forgive me.  Yes,  A new topic would be best on this.  We are still here at nlg working on site support on the avp platform games for more info etc.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal