New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus New Owner...Few Issues  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Nick505

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Nick505 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-Plus New Owner...Few Issues
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »
So I bought an Igt Double Diamond. When I went to go look at it it wasn't working, but it looked like it was stuck in some kind of programming mode as each of the displays were showing weird numbers and would change by pressing buttons/turning the key. Is there a way to reset this thing by turning the key a certain way or number of times?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: S-Plus New Owner...Few Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:47:52 PM »
A Power cycle should exit any menu.  There are two modes that display information on the LEDs.  Turning the jackpot reset key with the door closed and latched will place the machine into attendant mode.  Pressing the white "test" button next to the power switch will place the machine into setup/test mode.  Either one of these can be canceled by either a power cycle or a door open/close cycle.  Please note that on these machine closing the door means, shut the door and lower the latch, this causes the door optics to line up and is what the machine considers a close.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 05:37:35 AM »
If it's staying in that mode, can you show a pic or two of the displays?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:51:17 PM »
Ok so after doing some reading on this forum I found out that the it had a error code 12, I tested the battery with a volt meter and it was bad. I just replaced the battery hoping to have fixed the problem and now I have an error code 61 in the pay meter. I can open the door, press the little white button by the coin meters for one second and it makes a tone, adds a 1 one the ones digit of the win meter. I then closed the door and turn the jackpot reset key once and the light on the stop stops flashing and the error code goes away, the insert coins thing lights up and so does the credit played. It turned to zero.

So I am guessing I need to buy new ram for it?

Nick

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:35 PM »
What happens when you put a coin in? Sounds like it's ready to play basex on what you describe. You may have to put a sample coin in the coin comparator if it doesn't have one and you might have to get a programming chip to enable the bill validator, but sounds ready to go otherwise

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 04:20:25 PM »
I forgot to mention that the 61 error keeps coming back. The comparitor does have a quarter in it. And when I drop a coin in it falls straight through to the winners bin.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 04:33:08 PM »
I forgot to mention that the 61 error keeps coming back. The comparitor does have a quarter in it. And when I drop a coin in it falls straight through to the winners bin.

Have you cleared the 61 error by opening the door pressing the white test button a few seconds until the 61 changes to 61-1 then closing and latching the door and turning the reset key 1 time? This should clear the error and the display then maiden spin and insert coin light come on then be ready to play.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »
Yes, the 61 keeps coming back.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
You are in the 61 loop. You'll need to do a clear and set of the machine to get past the 61. It happens sometimes. Do you have a clear and set chip?

Dave

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
No I do not. I will have to buy one I guess. Where can I buy it?

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »
I found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S-S-Plus-Ram-Clear-and-Bill-Validator-Set-chips-/252460414777

Other than this do I need anything else?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
Looks good. You're faster at typing than I am.   :cool_thumb_up:

Dave

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »
Is this pretty basic to use? I have basic knowledge as I am in the vending business and do most of my repairs on my machines.

Nick

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 05:19:14 PM »
Make sure and ask for instructions. There are also posts on the top of the S+ page to guide you.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 08:01:06 PM »
I found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S-S-Plus-Ram-Clear-and-Bill-Validator-Set-chips-/252460414777

Other than this do I need anything else?

Here is that same ebay seller's website, the Set and Clear chips are a little cheaper, don't know about shipping cost though. Also might be good to know about his website in case you need other items or contact him for some reason.

http://www.jjslots.com/S-Plus_c19.htm
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 12:19:28 AM »
Is this pretty basic to use?

Yes.  Directions are typically included with the chips, but can also be found on the following webpage:

http://www.ohiogaming.com/replacementinstructions.htm

You'll need to start with the RAM CLEAR chip, and the directions starting on line 63 on that page.

You should then be able to play the machine with coins.  Once you have it working with coins, go ahead and then activate the bill validator.  You can activate the bill validator at any time after the machine is working, so I generally advise to get the machine working with coins first, then once it's working with coins, it's trivial to enable the bill validator.  Instructions for the SET chip to activate the validator are found starting on line 31 of that page.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal