New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 61 error won't clear  (Read 5457 times)

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marcy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
61 error won't clear
« on: September 13, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
I have gone through the 61 error fix more then once and it will still not clear.  I have searched the internet and read the forums here as to what to do and still have no clue what to do.. I have a Triple Double Diamond Slot Machine.

The only answers I am getting from people I know are to bring it to a person who knows this machine to fix it...  But it is to heavy to move, my husband and I moved it across the room and almost killed ourselves doing that.

Can anyone help. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:15:41 PM by Marcy »
Where there is a Will, there is a Way

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: 61 error won't clear
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:33:38 PM »
Do you have a clear chip ?
A lot of people on this forum do not like to do a clear but I use it as a last resort

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »
Marcy, Welcome to NLG. Let's start with the background. Is this machine new to you, or was it working and this has happened since? There's a couple of things that can cause this.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:19:25 PM »
I have had this machine for at least 5 years, I played it many times.  When we moved I did not have a place for it so it was stored for a while.  Now it is not working...

and I do not have a clear chip..

Marcy

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:39 PM »
Marcy,

You said that, "I have gone through the 61 error fix more then once and it will still not clear."  ...but that doesn't really tell us what you've done.  Please tell us exactly what steps you've taken, and what (if any) response you got from the machine.  Then we can help you get past the issue.  61 is a common error -- we can get this fixed for you without you having to bring your slot machine somewhere.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
This may be a little preemptive.
A constant 61 can be caused by a bad EEPROM on the backplane board (worst case scenario) or a weak pin on the 6 pin power plug on the back plane board.

Or the MPU could have a low battery, or the battery is not connected to the RAM chip.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 07:41:50 AM »
knagl,

I turned on the machine, pushed the reset button (2-3 sec) then the machine dings and the code turns to 61-1 then I close the door making sure it is latched shut then turn the key on the side of the machine.  Nothing happens.

Marcy

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
When you turn the key does it stay at 61-1 or go back to 61?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »
It stays at 61-1

Marcy

Offline slots4home

• slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 06:17:19 PM »
Are you sure their is no door open such as a bill acceptor door?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »
I'm with slots4home. This sounds like a door or cash can optics problem. Moving a machine can always cause a problem with optics.

Dave

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 06:51:42 PM »
I checked the cash box removed the unit and put it back in tightly.  Checked the door on it and it seems closed.

Marcy

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »
If there is a small switch on the cash can door remove it and tie it's two wires together.

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »
The optics on the cash door look as if they were disconnected.  The guy I bought the machine off of did not have a key for the cash box or the lock was broken...  I do not see any wires going to anywhere but to the lock itself.

Marcy

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 07:25:34 PM »
Somewhere behind the cash box there should be 2 wires that need to be connected
I believe they are green wires

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 07:31:56 PM »
If the wires are visible at the door, make sure one hasn't been pinched or broken. You can take the wires and strip the ends and twist them together. Just make sure it's not broken before the end. You cannot do this with door optics, but can with the cash can door. I caught one in the door one time and pinched it so bad it broke the wire. Take a good look. This could be the problem.

Dave

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 07:42:09 PM »
I have attached a pic of what is behind my bill acceptor. 

I do not see any wires broken

Marcy
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:18:32 PM by Marcy »

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »
The wires would come from the door on the right side going to the back

Offline Marcy

• Marcy
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
There are no wires coming from the door going to the back.

Marcy

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »
Then you may need to find those two wires. Use a mirror and a flashlight to look behind the cash can enclosure to see if they have been pulled back from the door switch into the back of the enclosure.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal