New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Problem with Red White and Blue board  (Read 4772 times)

Offline trashman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • trashman New User barely matters.trashman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Problem with Red White and Blue board
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
i just picked up a red white and blue and my problem is in the board does anyone know what to check there.i know this cause i swaped it with my other machine
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:03:26 AM by trashman »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Problem with Red White and Blue board
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
If you know it is the MPU, in order to "check" anything on the board, you will need to have EXACT symptoms. S+ board repairs are not all the same.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:08:15 AM »
the machine does nothing but light up,no display,candle,no test buttons nothing.i cheaked the ground plug everyone talked about and all 3 fuses up front.all look good.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:11:21 AM »
Six wire harness from the power supply to the Mother board.

Without a doubt there has been enough for a  book about it posted on this site and the old site.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
before we get to far along lets establish  what we are talking about!  you have two machines, one works, and the red white blue which doesn't work.  you swapped the working board from the other machine into the red white blue machine  and it worked in that machine???  this is how you established that the board was defective???   if the board is bad, then it could be many things,  the chips could be bad, power supply on the board could be bad, I would try and swap chips from the good board to the bad board and see what happens, also I would examine the board very closely, look for missing components etc. bent pins on the edge connector.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • CommTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »
Since you have already determined that the MPU board is bad,  Just purchase another MPU board from one of our fine vendors. They are not that expensive and it's always a good idea to have a spare anyway.  :yes:
In the meantime, take a closeup picture of the bad MPU board (both sides - top and bottom) and post it.  Perhaps one of us can spot something obvious.

Joe

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
i should say when i swaped boards.put the good board in the dead machine, i got a 65-2 code as i remenber. the candle was flashing.i also then put the dead board in my other game same thing nothing game just lite up, so that lead me to believe board is bad.what model board would i need.heres pics of my board.

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Your CMOS chip is installed BACKWARDS. That alone could cause damage to the chip and perhaps your MPU board.  :duh:

Try reversing the CMOS Chip (Carefully remove the chip, being very careful not to bend any pins and re-install in the opposite direction with the notch facing in the same direction as your game and Reel chips, again being very careful not to bend any pins)  and let us know if that worked!

Good Luck!

Joe

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »
To answer you second question ... To order a Spare MPU board, just ask for an MPU board for an S-PLUS.  No other part numbers are needed.   :wave:

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »
Joe I think your forgetting there are two different boards he may have a 10 MHz  or a 16 MHz
trashman  the picture you posted is a 10 MHz board.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1095.0

PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
Joe I think your forgetting there are two different boards he may have a 10 MHz  or a 16 MHz
trashman  the picture you posted is a 10 MHz board.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1095.0

Good catch Buzz!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
thanks i fliped the chip nothing changed well any way the seller lied.he said i just quite working so guess i look for a board.what chips will i have to swap to the board i buy thanks :thank_you: p.s jim do you have one i will  pm you

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »
It has a volume control so it's a 16meg board. Swap the SS and the SP chips to the new board and make sure you ask for a 16 MHz board. You'll also need a clear/BV set chip for the new board

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
It has a volume control so it's a 16meg board. Swap the SS and the SP chips to the new board and make sure you ask for a 16 MHz board. You'll also need a clear/BV set chip for the new board

Actually it's a 10 MHz Board.  The 16 MHz Board has no volume control. 

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
LOL, yep, I was thinking backwards, thanks!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »
Your CMOS chip is installed BACKWARDS. That alone could cause damage to the chip and perhaps your MPU board.  :duh:

Incredibly good eyes.  You get the Sherlock award today.   :sherlock:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 10:04:40 AM »
im ordering a board from jim at midwest slots  :thank_you: everyone for your time and help !

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal