New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S9000 black screen at startup  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
S9000 black screen at startup
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »
Hi,
A friend of mine has a Bally Alpha S9000 with a problem at startup.
It initializes and at the end, a black screen with only the "service" button - Play 2 – 5 and 25 are illuminated, and nothing happens

Thank you !

Nurbo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:07:37 AM by Ron (r273) »
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S9000 black screen at startup
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 03:01:43 AM »
Can you tell us what Bios and OS are being used

Harp

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:04 AM »
if he turns the jackpot reset key, does the game reboot?  If so, it is most likely a low battery in the MPU or the backplane.  This happened to me when I first got my Ball Alpha Gamemaker.  It would go through all the screens, then it would just hang on a grey screen.  Changing the bios and os made it so I could see the error message, which said low nvram battery, turn jackpot reset key to reboot.  So if it reboots, it's most likely a battery low issue.  He may need to clear. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:35 AM »

Hello and thank you for your help,

Here are the pictures from memory card.

Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Harp

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:56:57 AM »
What Bios are you using with the 317 OS

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 03:09:05 AM »

Hello Harp,

I don't know where can I find BIOS version without having access to the screen ?

When he turns the reset key, the machine reboot on a black screen as described above.

If he switches to ATX mode, he can play normally (the reels rotate) but there is no sound and the screen stays black ???  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Harp

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 03:56:12 AM »
Does the Bios not have a label

You say that when the game is placed into ATX mode the game plays, can you explain what you mean as i have never seen this

The problem as seen on screen is due to a mismatch of software or using the wrong Ram Clear

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 08:51:15 AM »
It's been my experience that if you use OS 317 with newer BIOS screen that it would give an invalid partition table after post, so he wouldn't even get the other messages that show up on his pictures.  I would replace both batteries in the MPU and the battery on the backplane board, clear it and try again.  They are CR2032's easy to find.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 05:05:08 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

My friend did not answer me on the ATX mode, for here is BIOS:

AVBPRODOR807-00ST

U16 K2: 145C 11/17

L06-0040 2005

It is therefore not a recent version ...

He told me he had ordered new game maps and clear ram.

I'll let you know.

Offline mickeyloic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mickeyloic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
OK so i just spend 2hours by phone with the owner of this machine
i just find one thing could help

we make a complite clear and the game normally start right after

we configure the machine perfectly

and the error message : NVram battery 2 low appear

the problem is he change all the battery ! they are all brand new ...
and when we restart the machine the problem the same problem start over :black screen ...
he told me the battery support move  little bit . do you think it 's disconnected ?

thanks for your help

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »
There are 2 places for batteries on the alpha.  On the MPU and the backplane.  The backplane battery gave me the issue you describe.  If you remove the mpu and look where the mpu plugs in, right on top, there's a CR-2032 battery holder.  Did you change that battery as well?

Offline mickeyloic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
yes this one is new also

Offline mickeyloic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:00 AM »
OK a solve the problem
i just send him my clear card and it work perfectly

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal