New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help identifying this Igt slot machine Haywire Delux  (Read 3728 times)

Offline NHBFan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • NHBFan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help identifying this Igt slot machine Haywire Delux
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
Hello guys! I need your help again. Just found slot i interested to have. Looks nice to my room.
 The problem is i dont know the type of machine. so does seller
He says it was in working condition a year ago but now it has a problem.
First at all please let me identify it.
I only have one igt s+ slot machine. I bought it with low battery issue and ran it with your help (you can find my previous topic)
So if this new slot same igt and i will be able to use my clear and reel chips to fix it?
Sorry for stupid questios i live in european country where are no manuals no parts no People who can fix igts.
So your my only hope )

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Help identifying this Igt slot machine Haywire Delux
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
Looks like it is probably an IGT S+ model, especially since it appears to have a bill validator. But a photo showing the mpu board inside the lower part of the machine would confirm. Haywire is a fun game to play, this is a good find for you.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
It's an S+ with a low battery error showing. I would change the battery first and get past the 61 error. If it does that, it should play. Don't clear if you don't need to.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:29 AM »
Sorry no pic of mpu board. Two extra fotos but they are all i have

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:46:25 AM »
Have you already bought the machine and have it at your home? You will need to remove the mpu board and replace the battery on it. As Shaggy mentioned, the error code 12 on the front display means the battery is bad. This will be the same repair that you did on your first S+ machine.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »
No i did not byu it yet. Are you sure it is s+ and i can use my ivc123 clear chip if necessary? Also i dont have bill validator chip couse my first slot without it. What kind of bill chip i need to use? And how it works to use it for bill valibator programming?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:01:10 AM by NHBFan »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
yes and yes.  You will need a set15 chip.  Edit:  maybe need a different one for non US money.

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
Thanx you alot. I will return to question when (or if) buy this slot.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »
No i did not byu it yet. Are you sure it is s+ .....

very sure it is an S+,  Shaggy said so.   :garfield:

.....Also i dont have bill validator chip couse my first slot without it. What kind of bill chip i need to use? And how it works to use it for bill valibator programming?

The bill validator that is in it now has internal software that is made for a certain currency, such as USA or Canada, etc. You can look for stickers and tags on it for what software it contains, may need to remove the bill validator "head" (front part where you insert the bills) and look on the bottom for the most recent software sticker. The bill validator is typically a DBV-145 or DBV-200. If it is a DBV-200 it can probably have its software updated. Unless a previous owner has updated it the bill validator software is probably old and has limited use on bills currently in circulation. If the bill validator is a DBV-200 and if it has an eprom then updating it is easy. You just get a replacement eprom and install it. But some DBV-200 use a flash rom, it is soldered to the circuit board, so requires a special programming setup to update the software. For that you would need to send your DBV-200 to someone that do the flash update. If you want it to work with foreign currency (something other than USA bills) then I don't know how you'd get it updated.

As mentioned by another NLG member, a normal IGT S+ SET15 chip will let you enable the bill validator. You can check to see if the bill validator is enabled by pressing the white TEST button inside the machine to enter the Setup/Test menus, then step to the correct menu step (I think it is step 8 maybe) and see if the setting is "8-1". From your photo it looks like the white TEST button is next to the power switch.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:39:52 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »
Hello guys!
Finaly got that slot! pretty good condition but alot of questions becouse it is newer version and different than my previous IGT machine.
Have to make new stand but right now my small collection looks like

Picture of MPU board. looks like it has correct SS and SP chips

Bill comparator

Some wires are not connected to comparator. do i need to connect it to yellow socket?

Picture of back side of bally door. lamp is out of work. how to reach it to replace?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:09:04 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 12:19:07 PM »
The Haywire Deluxe game is a lot of fun to play. Your mpu board shows that it has an SS6412 chip, that is the 2nd highest player win percentage SS chip for this game and really no need to replace it. Here is the entry for your game in the NLG IGT "bible":

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Haywire%20Deluxe%20(2%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

If your belly glass lighting is not working you can check the lamp, it may be burned out. But an easy thing to check first is the "starter", it is the little round metal can shown in the lower right area of the inside of the main door. Each fluorescent lamp in the machine will have a starter part. They just twist in and out of their socket. You can swap it with another one in this machine or your other machine to see if that is the problem. Just about any store that sells hardware will have one. Just get another starter with the same or equivalent p/n, for example "FS2" (fluorescent starter type 2).  To replace the belly fluorescent lamp I think you will need to open the belly door. There should be a release pin or latch on the inside of the main door that you move, then the belly door will open from the front, it either drops downward or opens to the left like a door. If I'm wrong about this hopefully someone will post the correct info.

The bill validator is a DBV-145 model, if it works then it will probably only accept $1 bills, no others because of the out of date software inside the DBV-145. You can probably replace the DBV-145 with a DBV-200 bv "head" unit, it is a direct replacement and will have the ability to accept a lot of different US bills. Some of the NLG vendors can probably help with getting a DBV-200 for your machine. However, since this is an overseas model machine there may be complications if you want to use paper money that is not USA.

You can try connecting the cables to the DBV-145 and see if it will work. Someone may have disconnected it because of a problem with it. Did the previous owner tell you anything about the bill validator?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:46:16 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
Thanx for answers. will try to replace lamp starter tomorrow.
about bill validator. May be it was disconnected couse it takes USD only and useles here in Ukraine. but for me for home use i want have it working even if it takes 1 dollar bill only. is there some sign on validator when slot gets on? i mean can i see some lights on validator when i turn on the slot?

PS. pretty sure validator was specially disconnected. i found the cash box was blocked with screw to avoid opening

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:42:02 AM by NHBFan »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »
The top box area of your machine has a fluorescent lamp and there will be a starter there. You would have to remove the top glass to access. You could use that starter to see if the belly glass starter is bad. Also, I think there is a fluorescent lamp just above the reel glass, so there will be a starter somewhere for it and that might be easier than using the one in the top box.

I think the yellow area where it says "$1 to $100 Face Up", just above where you insert the bill, has lights that come on when the bv is ready to accept bills.

Also, there is a mod that some people do to replace that large sticker on the front of the machine that says "This Machine Accepts ....." with a lighted sticker/placard that flashes the bill denominations in sequence, its kinda fancy! Check out these videos showing different ones, and notice in the 2nd video the yellow lighted area just above the green-lighted slot for bill insertion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCIqAd0H22g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKLzBQLGnLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEkfIwy2aaM

On a working bv when you first turn on the machine you will hear the bv initialize itself, the motor while make a whirring sound for a few seconds. When the bill is inserted into the bv its rollers will pull the bill in and the bill passes over the bill recognition sensors. Then if the bill is accepted it passes thru the bv head unit and comes out a slot at the back, from there it goes into a bill transport and stacker mechanism. If the bill is not accepted it will be returned out the front slot where you inserted it.

If you are lucky maybe the DBV-145 works, perhaps someone just disconnected it and screwed the cash box shut because of laws against owning a gambling device. When testing the bv be sure to just use a $1 bill until you see if it works. Otherwise you can have problems due to it not recognizing newer style bills, the $1 hasn't changed like all the others have. 

Maybe there is a mod to get the DBV to accept the bills shown below?  :garfield:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:07:41 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
today`s report:
replaced battery and went through 61 error. machine is worsk without memory cleaning. bally lamb was damaged so just replaced it with new one. everything plays good
the only problem is BV. no signs of life: no motor sound no any lights. looks like dead. may be it is turned of in menu? now to test it?

the bills shown below?
hahaha, thanx for reminding of USSR the better country in the world  :applause: where i was able to get 10 years in prison or even a death sentence just for having 5$ bill (or higher nomination bill) in my pocket

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »
just teasing a little about comrade Vlad, he's almost in the news here as much as our dear leader is.

Good job on getting the bad battery replaced and taking care of the error 61. Is the machine working ok now with coins, it only has the bill validator problem?

Your machine's setup preferences and options are primarily controlled by the SP chip on your mpu board. From you photo it looks like you have an SP873 chip. I've attached the document for that SP chip, it will give you all the setup options you have. Also, the dipswitch on your mpu board is active, so it will also control some features and settings, this is also explained in the SP873 document.

I believe you can press the white TEST button inside your machine and step to menu step 9 to find out if the bill validator is enabled or disabled. A setting of "9-0" means bv disabled, a "9-1" means bv enabled. If it is disabled I think you will have to use a SET chip to enable it. According to the SP873 document this would be a SET026 chip. But these documents are several years old and another newer SET chip might also work.

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 07:24:06 AM »
still fight with that Haywire Delux slot. Waiting for Set26 chip but seems never get it (

now want to replace some bulbs which illuminates "25$", "insert coin" windows. what specs (voltage and power) of these bulbs?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:29:54 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »

now want to replase some bulbs which illuminates "25$", "insert coin" windows. what specs (voltage and power) of these bulbs?
#86 wedge 6.3v .2 amp

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »
Even if it is turned off in setting 9 it will still run. I would think the power supply for the BVD is not plugged or bad. There a several small harnesses from the back of the BV that need to be plugged in
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 11:11:16 PM »
Even if it is turned off in setting 9 it will still run. I would think the power supply for the BVD is not plugged or bad. There a several small harnesses from the back of the BV that need to be plugged in
yes it is turned off in setting 9. and no any sign of life. How to reach this harnesses? need to pull off BV?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 12:05:58 AM »
You should be able to just remove the coin tray and hopper. This should give you the room you need. Just remember that if your other game has a similar setup, you can use it to compare with how the wiring needs  to be connected.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal