New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Settings Help  (Read 5383 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Settings Help
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:28 PM »
Hello all,

My machine spits back any winnings. Although cool and exciting, is there a way to send winnings to the credit counter? I am thinking I want to save the motors, etc on the hopper. Chip is a SP1271 and a SS3410.

Thanks.

PS Currently my bill acceptor is not working and appears to have not power, so not sure if this setting will help with that when I get it going again. Is there a setting to turn off the bill acceptor?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:29:04 PM by rokgpsman »
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT S+ Settings Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:35 AM »
SP1271 document is attached. Looks like TEST menu step 5 controls the credit setup, and step 9 will show you if the bill validator is enabled or disabled. "9-0" means bv is disabled, "9-1" means enabled. To change this bill validator setting you will need to use a special chip called a SET chip. You install the SET chip on the mpu board, power up the machine and make the changes.

Here is a How-To for SP1271 that may be helpful:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=514.msg1717#msg1717

Mounted near the bill validator is a black box that is the power supply for the bill validator. Make sure your machine has this bv power supply and that its cables are connected.

If you want to shut the bv off I think you can just unplug its power cable. Post photos of your bv and the area near it if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:31:36 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
SP1271 document is attached. Looks like TEST menu step 5 controls the credit setup, and step 9 will show you if the bill validator is enabled or disabled. "9-0" means bv is disabled, "9-1" means enabled. To change this bill validator setting you will need to use a special chip called a SET chip. You install the SET chip on the mpu board, power up the machine and make the changes.

Mounted near the bill validator is a black box that is the power supply for the bill validator. Make sure your machine has this bv power supply and that its cables are connected.

If you want to shut the bv off I think you can just unplug its power cable. Post photos of your bv and the area near it if necessary.

Thanks. I just looked at the 5-0 setting and it was set at that but my winnings still pay out coins each time. Checking out the BV setting in just a moment.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »

So BV setting is 9-1 but still nothing and no power to it apparently. Still investigating power issue.  :banghead:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
Agree, a setting of 9-1 means the machine is setup for bill validator. So something else is going on. Sometimes if the credit limit is set too low then the bv won't work if accepting a bill would put it over the credit limit. You can review all the TEST menu settings that could affect bv operation.

Did you find the bv power supply I mentioned? It is a black box with a cable that connects to the side of the bv. If that power supply is missing or bad then the bv won't have power.

Credit limit might be something to check:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:36:58 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Toyguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Toyguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
My S+ doesn't have a BV, but this setting looked like it might be one to look at:

[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.

If this happened to have gotten set to zero, would that disable the BV all the time?  Just a thought...

[edited to remove non-compatible embedded font and color commands]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:48:47 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »
Agree, a setting of 9-1 means the machine is setup for bill validator. So something else is going on. Sometimes if the credit limit is set too low then the bv won't work if accepting a bill would put it over the credit limit. You can review all the TEST menu settings that could affect bv operation.

Did you find the bv power supply I mentioned? It is a black box with a cable that connects to the side of the bv. If that power supply is missing or bad then the bv won't have power.

Credit limit might be something to check:

I do not know how to lift up the top glass or take out the BV. I tried to take this photo peeking through. Is that black box on the back wall the one you referring to? I know there are three fuses near the power switch. I haven't checked those out yet, is one of them for the BV specifically?

I checked the credit limits etc and those seem fine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »
The fuses F1, F2 and F3 should all be 6 amp. Since the machine is new to you it would be a good idea to verify them.

F1 is for the 24vac and 12vac voltages, the xfmr secondary uses a center tap so it is able to make both voltages. The 24vac is used by the bill validator, the coin comparitor and the mpu board tray transformer. The 24vac is also used to make the DC voltage that the reel stepper motors use in conjunction with the 8vac.

F2 is for the 8vac and 7vac voltages, the xfmr secondary has a couple of taps to get the two voltages. The 7vac is used by all the incandescent lamps. The 8vac is used to hold the reels steady when they are idle (not spinning).

F3 is the main power fuse for the machine, it is connected to the 120 volt ac power coming in from the wall outlet. 120 vac is used by the fluorescent lamps and by the hopper and it goes to the large main transformer to make the secondary voltages.

Fuse F1 is for the 24vac that the bill validator uses. The 24 vac is sent into the motherboard on connector J8 and then out motherboard connector J6 to pin 5 of the bill validator 9 pin connector. The return (low) side of the 24 vac power to the bill validator is connected thru a switch/relay part (K4) located on the mpu board. There is a note in the manual saying if the bv isn't working make sure that the denomination is set to a value other than 0 in the TEST menus.

Do you have another bill validator head to try? That and checking the fuses would be the first & easy things to do, after making sure the bv is enabled, which you have done. And after making sure the machine's denom is set to something other than 0.

So make sure the machine's denomination is set to some value, like 25 cents. Then check fuse F1. If you have a meter you can check if you are getting 24vac to pin 5 on the bill validator 9 pin connector. If that is good then suspect that the mpu board is bad. The tshoot diagram says to look for a burned trace on the mpu board that connects to K4. And since the bill validator 24vac power and ground are sent thru the motherboard it's possible the motherboard could cause the bv to not work.

Terminology- the "mpu" board is the large, main circuit board that has a battery and the game software eproms, it controls the operation of the machine. The mpu board plugs into a smaller circuit board that is called the "motherboard". The function of the motherboard is to be an interconnect between the mpu and the various other parts in the machine that have wiring cables connected to the motherboard.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:37:42 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
.....I do not know how to lift up the top glass or take out the BV. I tried to take this photo peeking through. Is that black box on the back wall the one you referring to?.....

If you mean how do you lift the top part of your slant top machine here is a reply that explains it. This should give you access to the entire inside of the machine:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=20275.msg107194#msg107194

Take a look at the bv "head" (square unit that you insert the bills into), sometimes it has a couple of screws on the lower front area. Also, there is a locking lever on the left side that has a red handle, moving it will disengage the bv head from the transport & stacker mechanism behind the head. Post photos of your bv if you have something that you aren't sure about.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »
.....I do not know how to lift up the top glass or take out the BV. I tried to take this photo peeking through. Is that black box on the back wall the one you referring to?.....

If you mean how do you lift the top part of your slant top machine here is a reply that explains it. This should give you access to the entire inside of the machine:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=20275.msg107194#msg107194

Take a look at the bv "head" (square unit that you insert the bills into), sometimes it has a couple of screws on the lower front area. Also, there is a locking lever on the left side that has a red handle, moving it will disengage the bv head from the transport & stacker mechanism behind the head. Post photos of your bv if you have something that you aren't sure about.

How to get behind the front glass where the payouts are and next to the BV?

And I attached photos of that and the BV.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 08:29:27 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
I'm not too familiar with a slant top. Does the award (payout) glass slip upward, then the bottom of it moves outward to remove? A lot of times the bottom edge of the glass is just sitting in a U-channel or groove. Don't force it, don't want to crack the glass. There will be someone that knows what to do, we'll see what they say.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
I'm not too familiar with a slant top. Does the award (payout) glass slip upward, then the bottom of it moves outward to remove? A lot of times the bottom edge of the glass is just sitting in a U-channel or groove. Don't force it, don't want to crack the glass. There will be someone that knows what to do, we'll see what they say.

It appears to swing up as there is a piano hinge all along the top.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 06:43:44 PM »

It appears to swing up as there is a piano hinge all along the top.

there is a pin just below center of glass you have to pull down on to release the top glass.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »

Ok so 5-0 did not pay winnings to credit meter and either did 5-1, but 5-2 did. I don't know what the actual numbers stand for but it works. Maybe I am giving up some other factor with a 5-2 setting but the credits go to the counter.

Now still working on the BV. I was able to get power so maybe it just wasn't seated right. I can see the red lights in the slot, but spits back every bill. I was able to one time get it to take a 1 but sent the change to the coin payout box and not to credit. This was before the 5-0 try so maybe the -#'s for my chip are not accurate per these instructions.

When the BV does suck in a bill it appears the gears are slipping and making a racket.

So now my questions are....
1. How to I upgrade to accept modern bills
2. Will that upgrade include fixing the gear slipping problem
3. The lights on front of the BV are not working.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »
You have an old bill validator called a DBV-145. Even if it were to work great it would only accept a $1 bills. All of the other US bills have been redesigned in the past several years. Luckily, a DBV-200 is a direct replacement and they are often still available and they have newer software that lets them use most of the bills in circulation. You can post a WTB (Want To Buy) message asking for a DBV-200 with ID-023 software for use with IGT S+ machines. Notice the sticker on the top of your DBV-145 giving this information.

There is a gear on the backside of the DBV that meshes with the bill transport/stacker unit behind the DBV head. Inspect that gear, see if it has teeth missing or messed up. Also, you have to have the DBV mated to the transport, and that red handle on the left side of the DBV head has to be fully pressed into position.

It is good that you got the bv to accept a bill, that means that everything (or nearly everything) about the bv setup is correct. You will probably need to tweak or change some more TEST menu settings to get things where you want them.

Also, the DBV-145 will only accept a bill if it is inserted face up and the top of the Pres Washington's head to the right. This is called "one-way" acceptance. Be sure you insert the $1 the same way each time. The DBV-200 lets you insert a bill any way you want to.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
You have an old bill validator called a DBV-145. Even if it were to work great it would only accept a $1 bills. All of the other US bills have been redesigned in the past several years. Luckily, a DBV-200 is a direct replacement and they are often still available and they have newer software that lets them use most of the bills in circulation. You can post a WTB (Want To Buy) message asking for a DBV-200 with ID-023 software for use with IGT S+ machines. Notice the sticker on the top of your DBV-145 giving this information.

There is a gear on the backside of the DBV that meshes with the bill transport/stacker unit behind the DBV head. Inspect that gear, see if it has teeth missing or messed up. Also, you have to have the DBV mated to the transport, and that red handle on the left side of the DBV head has to be fully pressed into position.

It is good that you got the bv to accept a bill, that means that everything (or nearly everything) about the bv setup is correct. You will probably need to tweak or change some more TEST menu settings to get things where you want them.

Great info tanks! Does that red handle snap up or down where it it supposed to be?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »
-EDIT - thanks sixcardmark! -

I *think* the red handle gets pushed all the way downward UPWARD to mate the bv head to the transport, but I'm not positive about that. Let's let someone else say that knows for sure. You might be able to tell just by the feel or look of it.

Also, I edited my previous post and added more info.

Another thing to be aware of. Most machines have or had a cash can for storing the paper money. The bill transport and stacker unit puts the money into the cash box. There is usually a security switch, maybe two, on the cash box. This lets the casino know if someone has removed it. These security switches can cause nuisance problems so a lot of owners bypass them. The security switch will have 2 wires connected to it. You just remove both wires and twist them together and cover the twisted wire ends with a plastic wire nut or electricians tape.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
Red handle needs to be up. Down to remove.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »
Red handle needs to be up. Down to remove.

Oops - thanks!

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
I *think* the red handle gets pushed all the way downward to mate the bv head to the transport, but I'm not positive about that. Let's let someone else say that knows for sure. You might be able to tell just by the feel or look of it.

Also, I edited my previous post and added more info.

Another thing to be aware of. Most machines have or had a cash can for storing the paper money. The bill transport and stacker unit puts the money into the cash box. There is usually a security switch, maybe two, on the cash box. This lets the casino know if someone has removed it. These security switches can cause nuisance problems so a lot of owners bypass them. The security switch will have 2 wires connected to it. You just remove both wires and twist them together and cover the twisted wire ends with a plastic wire nut or electricians tape.

Perfect! I think I found those and was going to ask about them. Someone did that already to my machine so I’m good. I hope.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:26:31 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal