New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 6 volt lighting problem  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 6 volt lighting problem
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Where those lights working? Are your two #63 bulbs working for your coin tray if your machine has them.. It seems to me that you might have to clean your hopper and reels beau plugs..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
Glad to hear the machine is running again. So, was there a short in the door wiring?
Also I’ve seen that ground wire on the coin lockout, not sure how the machine didn’t blow a fuse.

Coin relay switch is part of the insert coin-coin accepted light control.
Also check the common blue wire that links those lights in the door.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 09:30:44 PM »
This machine drives me crazy!  I checked the lamps for the insert coin, coin accepted and winner paid. All three were burned out so I changed them. Then the machine worked perfectly, for a while. After about 10 minutes of play the three lights again went out.

I checked the lights and all three were good. Looking at the schematic the only switch which controls all three lamps at one time or another is the payout relay spdt. i checked it previously and it seemed to make good contact. Time to check again.

Since the jackpot light works, that tells me that at least part of that switch is working.

Interestingly, I do not know what I did with the wiring on the door, just moved things around gently. i did cut the ground lead from the lock out coin so maybe that had something to do with it.

Additional suggestions with my lights is appreciated.

rdaniel

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »
Once again cleaned, inspected the spdt switch on the payout relay. Made sure that it was making good contact. So now it works as it is supposed to. I hope that it lasts this time.

rdaniel

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 04:27:24 AM »
Richard:

In our previous conversations you said that you liked the challenge of working on these old EM's.  Well it seems that you got one this time.  I did not contribute because you were in the hands of experts with skills far superior to mine. 

Glad that you are back on track because I know you are close to a perfectionist when it comes to your slots.  I bet that your where vexed beyond measure at times however you got that challenge, and the victory.  Bravo to all!  Long live NLG

Ra

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »
Nice to hear from you T. Hope all is going well with you and family. Happy 4th.

While it can be frustrating, there is a certain level of satisfaction in understanding how our EM's work and in making repairs. I sometimes think these machines have a mind of their own when it comes to problems. That was the issue with that 873 of mine. But persistence and many burned fuses later things are now working OK.

Richard

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal