New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2096 Code 72  (Read 3914 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2096 Code 72
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 05:43:53 AM »
Help, I think I really screwed up this time!!!

This slot was working perfectly and I accidentally put a hopper in it from a E1000 slot.  I thought that I had blown the relay so I ordered one from K-lar.  Put it in last night but didn't help.

When I power on:

display: has a dot in all columns and column 6 has a 0 too
Coin diverter pulls in
Handle solenoid pulls in
all three reel solenoids pull in
then after a couple seconds they all drop out.

I pulled hopper and reel assemble out and it still does the same thing.

I'm afraid I fried something, please help if you can.
thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 06:20:25 AM »
Bob,

Can you get into the machines menu to run test 2? This will allow you to check all the machines functions as the machine auto cycles things light solenoid and bulbs. Do you now have the correct hopper in this game? Have you checked the fuses? I would think the machine would be protected by a fuse for this.. You could check your Power Supply’s voltage outputs to make sure it didn’t get damaged.. Worst thing could be that you damaged the machines IO Board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 06:39:07 AM »
Swapping hoppers should not have damaged anything.
A E2000 hopper board will not work in a E1000 unless a jumper mod is done on the main hopper control board connector.
If you get a win without that jumper the hopper will simply not power up and dispense coins.
Check your power supply connector for any burnt pins.
If it has the red or yellow IDC type connectors on it remove the black, slide off, cover from the top of the connector and shove all wires into the connector with a small flat blade screwdriver.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 08:18:54 AM »
All fuses are good, the power supply is the newer type and all voltages check out.
I do have the original hopper in it now

When I turn it all the hopper also starts to turn, if I turn it off and on several types the diverter, handle, reel solenoids pull in and the hopper spins.  the display does not respond to pressing test or reset button.
Taking the reels and hopper out have no effect.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
Check the ribbon cable from the MPU board to the I/O board for a broken or bent pin, also make sure one side is not plugged in backwards.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2018, 09:22:19 AM »
The ribbon cable is in correct with no bent pins.

I had a spare i/o board with the same numbers, I installed it and turned slot on, there was a spark/pop and item (R8B) in center of pictures was burning.  I've got a black line drawn under it, it's in center of attached pic

with this board in the machine doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
I’m wondering if the relay you bought was correct? You didn’t have this problem before.. You said that this relay mounted on the side of the hopper.. Where, can you post a pic. I know earlier E-Series had a metal bracket with a relay mounted on the side of the Hoppers beau plug.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2018, 03:16:21 PM »
Q9 is insert coin lamp.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »
I’m wondering if the relay you bought was correct? You didn’t have this problem before.. You said that this relay mounted on the side of the hopper.. Where, can you post a pic. I know earlier E-Series had a metal bracket with a relay mounted on the side of the Hoppers beau plug.
Gary,
Best I can remember I was it was working great and I put the hopper from the e1000 slot in and then the problems began.  I found that the relay would rattled, I', pretty sure I got the correct relay from K-Lar (both are 6vdc).  Yesterday I was flipping it on and off and noticed smoke coming from the hopper board (now the red light on the hopper board does not come on when I remove the fuse, II think it should).
The hopper from the e1000 that I had accidentally put in is fine, it works perfectly in the e1000).
I'm lost and not sure what I should do next, Maybe send boards out for testing/repair??
Thanks
Bob

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2018, 06:21:42 AM »
Not a bad idea, we have a official Bally E-Series test station where all of the boards can be spread out on it at once and powered up so we can check them with a scope and meter.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Gary,
Best I can remember I was it was working great and I put the hopper from the e1000 slot in and then the problems began.  I found that the relay would rattled, I', pretty sure I got the correct relay from K-Lar (both are 6vdc).  Yesterday I was flipping it on and off and noticed smoke coming from the hopper board (now the red light on the hopper board does not come on when I remove the fuse, II think it should).
The hopper from the e1000 that I had accidentally put in is fine, it works perfectly in the e1000).
I'm lost and not sure what I should do next, Maybe send boards out for testing/repair??
Thanks
Bob

I know that there is one pin difference between the 1000 & 2000 hopper boards. It’s pins 7/8 or 8/9. Sounds like you hopper board took a power surge. You might want to pull it and check for damage.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 12:11:07 PM »
Damn, another difference!

How do I tell a e1000 hopper board from a e2000?

here's a pic of a couple I have laying around, the one on the right is like the one in this e2096

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »
The larger one on the right is the E2000. The tall skinny one is out of a E1000. The newer style being sold by Fox on EBay is universal and can be used in either. The only thing you need to do, to use it in a 1000 is to narrow or trim the new board. Fox use to sell them trimmed, but doesn’t any more. See pic for the mounting holes and where you need the cut the new style hopper board for use in a E1000 hopper.
And remember...

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »
thank you for updating with my product - everyone is correct - the e1000 and e2000 hopper boards are NOT swappable - you can change the HOPPERS but not the boards - My replacement board will work in either hopper - no wiring change. The board does need to be trimmed to fit for e1000 applications - I used to trim them but i have turned over my business to a shipper who is unable to do anything but ship. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2019, 05:02:34 PM »
Here's picture of hopper I have in the E2000 slot.  Can someone tell me if the switch (for counting coins out) is wired correctly.  The switch has a wire on all 3 terminals.  The e1000 hopper I have only has wires on 2 terminal.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal