New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with Coral Reef!  (Read 7924 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Help with Coral Reef!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 05:25:20 PM »
The battery brand is not important from my experience. They are often listed on ebay for $8 and under.

Some of the folks here have the 3.6v batteries with solder leads. They come with either pigtail leads or wide flat leads. Either one will work.

see this post:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21375.msg113880#msg113880

I tend to say no, the dead battery won't cause your digital display to not be lit and it won't cause the reels to spin and stop at the same position each time. But there are other people here that will know much more about that than I do. I'm just familiar with the basics on an S+. But in any case if the battery is dead it needs to be replaced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To keep the main problem with your machine as the focus let's repeat what it is doing:

The digital credit display on the front of the machine does not light up, stays dark.

When you are able to get the reels to spin they stop at the same symbol position each time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you open the door and press the test credits button on the coin optics board does it give you a credit? It might give a credit but you just can't see it because the digital display is dark. So press the Spin button and tell us if the reels spin.

Also, when you turn the machine on do the reels spin to initialize?

Have you confirmed that all 3 fuses are ok?

When you follow the wiring cable from the credit display board is the other end of it connected and is the cable in good condition, no broken wires? Does the motherboard look like it has severe water damage or mouse-chewed wires?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:03:04 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
I have a few extra 1200MAH. $5 plus shipping.

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »
Wiring all looks good, of course it gets bundled up with a bunch of other wires but from what I can see, all the wires look good. No water damage visible, overall the inside of the cabinet is quite clean.

YES - Those are the problems IN ADDITION to the machine not taking money

I only checked the 3 fuses visually, not sure how to test them otherwise, wouldn't I have to run electricity through them to know if there's continuity? ... Guessing the multimeter can do that?!

I have not tried the credit button yet, I will go try that

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
I have a few extra 1200MAH. $5 plus shipping.

Good to know! Not sure if I'll be needing anything in addition to just the battery yet. Maybe fuses..? I'll have to find out!

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
Interesting update:

Plugged the MPU and hopper back in. Here's what happened

The hopper is making a loud humming noise, it was not making that noise before
Win meter: It's flashing a 1 and then 2 REAL FAST
Credit Meter: It's flashing a 3 and a 9 REAL FAST, but only about after every 4 times the win meter cycles through the "1" and "2"

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 06:20:34 PM »
I turned off the machine because I didn't want the hopper to overheat, I don't know why it was making that noise??

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »
That may be the hopper motor humming. Don't let it do that for very long. If something is jamming the hopper and it won't turn then the hopper motor will make a loud noise and get hot, can burn up. Remove the hopper and make sure you can manually turn the hopper coin wheel by hand. BUT to do this you need to release the hopper brake. It is a small plastic piece located on top side of the hopper motor, just above the motor shaft. The brake is spring loaded, you need to disengage the brake so that you can turn things by hand. You either press on or pull up on the brake. Don't break the brake! Turn the hopper coin wheel counter-clockwise, the same direction it would turn to dispense coins.

If there are coins/tokens in the hopper then it may have a coin jam. Look for something along the top edge of the hopper coin wheel that is jamming it. I'd remove all of the coins from the hopper and make sure you can turn the coin wheel by hand.

That's good that the credit display is now lit. Do you think there is an intermittent connection on the motherboard, or between the mpu and the motherboard?  I think you can leave the hopper out of the machine for now. The machine will mostly work without it, and if you get a winning spin and the machine needs the hopper to run you'll just get a hopper error, not a big deal.

If the machine had a winning spin the last time it was played but it wasn't able to payout all the winnings then the next time it is turned on it will try to finish the payout. That may be what is happening and why the display is flashing. So make sure the hopper is not jammed and the coin wheel can turn freely. Make sure all of the coins in the hopper are the same size (i.e. all quarters). Make sure the hopper knife is not bent and does not have a coin stuck under it. Make sure there are not 2 or 3 coins stuck together under the coin separator near upper part of hopper.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »
If it is not the hopper making the humming noise it is probably the coin comparitor.

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Not sure if it is a power issue. The "insert  coin" and "coin accepted" and "$.25" lights all work fine now, and they seem to be on the same power as the "credit" displays...

The display is now just sporadically flashing "12". If I turn the key and start pressing buttons, I notice that the "credits played" number keeps increasing.

The hopper is getting hot, and I am fairly certain it is jamming... my vending machines occasionally did that! I have emptied the hopper but cannot find any jam. When I release the brake I still cannot turn the coin wheel. When I had the machine plugged in, and if I released the brake while it was plugged in, the little part that the brake stops was moving very slowly...Not sure where the jam could be, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to take off some of the covers to unearth the jam?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »
12 is low battery

which window is flashing 12??  would be a solid 12 in win paid window for low battery

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »
.....The hopper is getting hot, and I am fairly certain it is jamming... my vending machines occasionally did that! I have emptied the hopper but cannot find any jam. When I release the brake I still cannot turn the coin wheel. When I had the machine plugged in, and if I released the brake while it was plugged in, the little part that the brake stops was moving very slowly...Not sure where the jam could be, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to take off some of the covers to unearth the jam?

That slow moving motor shaft means the motor is having a very hard time turning. Not good.

Remove the hopper from the machine. Do not put it back in until you have gotten it un-jammed. Otherwise you will be buying another hopper.

Did the hopper motor ever run ok since you've had the machine? If it ran ok until just now then it may have a coin, screw, paperclip or something wedged against the coin wheel. But if you've never seen the motor run then it may be the gearbox is jammed. On some older machines the gearbox between the hopper motor and the hopper can have old dried up grease and that makes it hard for the hopper motor to turn. So if you are sure there is nothing in the hopper that is jamming the coin wheel and keeping it from turning then it might be the gearbox is gummed up.

I think Amechanic has said he sometimes drills a small hole in the top of the gearbox and adds some fresh lube or oil to loosen up the old grease. That hopper coin wheel must turn freely by hand with the hopper brake disengaged.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:31:13 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
.....Not sure if it is a power issue. The "insert  coin" and "coin accepted" and "$.25" lights all work fine now, and they seem to be on the same power as the "credit" displays...

There was probably a bad connection between the mpu and motherboard, when you re-installed the mpu the displays started working. Or you've got a flaky cable connector on the motherboard.

As long as the credit display continues to work it will be very helpful for troubleshooting other problems the machine has.

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
.....The hopper is getting hot, and I am fairly certain it is jamming... my vending machines occasionally did that! I have emptied the hopper but cannot find any jam. When I release the brake I still cannot turn the coin wheel. When I had the machine plugged in, and if I released the brake while it was plugged in, the little part that the brake stops was moving very slowly...Not sure where the jam could be, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to take off some of the covers to unearth the jam?

That slow moving motor shaft means the motor is having a very hard time turning. Not good.

Remove the hopper from the machine. Do not put it back in until you have gotten it un-jammed. Otherwise you will be buying another hopper.

Did the hopper motor ever run ok since you've had the machine? If it ran ok until just now then it may have a coin, screw, paperclip or something wedged against the coin wheel. But if you've never seen the motor run then it may be the gearbox is jammed. On some older machines the gearbox between the hopper motor and the hopper can have old dried up grease and that makes it hard for the hopper motor to turn. So if you are sure there is nothing in the hopper that is jamming the coin wheel and keeping it from turning then it might be the gearbox is gummed up.

I think Amechanic has said he sometimes drills a small hole in the top of the gearbox and adds some fresh lube or oil to loosen up the old grease. That hopper coin wheel must turn freely by hand with the hopper brake disengaged.

Any advice/tricks on how to inspect the entire hopper for jams? Although I must admit I'm not seeing anything as of right now, is the gearbox you are talking about where Amechanic drills holes into the 4.5"x3"x1" silver box attached to the motor (the motor is the thing that gets hot, right)?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »
Since you have been turning the jackpot key on a dead battery, you better get a clear/set combo. chip set. You will have the "61" loop
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »
Since you have been turning the jackpot key on a dead battery, you better get a clear/set combo. chip set. You will have the "61" loop

I definitely have been doing that... dangit! Do you know where I can get that/what the instructions for it are?

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2018, 08:12:32 PM »
*test* I do not know how to upload video... not sure if this will even work... if it does this is what it currently is doing (unless I turn the reset key) https://photos.app.goo.gl/seExiNNALm9fP7GP9

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »
Check the vendor page. RB has them too. Easy to use. Simple instructions.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »
With power off reseat your MPU. Seems like bad connection. Not much sense messing with it until you get battery changed. You will have a fun game when your done.

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2018, 08:18:55 PM »
In that video it acts like the connector to motherboard from power source is burnt

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
With power off reseat your MPU. Seems like bad connection. Not much sense messing with it until you get battery changed. You will have a fun game when your done.

So you think if I reseat it again (and do it right) the flashing will stop, and it'll just be solid?

Also, so in the vendor page I would just look for "clear/set combo" for IGT S+?

Also, do you say that because all slots are fun or do you like the game? I liked it because of the nudging reels, respin feature, and wild!

(fixed tiny font problem)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:30:48 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal