New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29920 times)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »
That's pretty much what we are doing.

Here's set of optics: https://ebay.us/g0dDg1  I would try raising the door side or lowering the cab side optics about 1/16" - 1/8" and see if that works, if not optics set are cheap.

You could try turning on the machine, close door, then from bottom of door try to raise up on it, it should have a little play in it if it has dropped a little. See if that clears it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:48:09 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »
I just use blue painters tape on the door and cabinet. Make sure your door latch is all the way down when you put your mark. I have a ruler I use to get them marked. Now I did have one cabinet where the optics were very sensitive. I knew they were lined up, but I noticed my door and cabinet gap was a little wide. I put a small flat washer behind the cabinet optic to shim it forward, and that solved that problem. I also learned that the red/white wire optic was cabinet mount only and the same for the red/Black is only for the door. Drove myself crazy chasing a similar problem just for those reasons. Too bad you don’t have a second machine to test those optics on.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2018, 07:16:29 PM »
Sometimes you have to remove the reel glass to see the optics then adjust as needed
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2018, 10:38:30 PM »
Jist a thought here, but something in the optics must be working since when I loft up and down on the latch, at a certain point every time, the 13-0 changes to a 13-1, right? I simply tried unscrewing the cabinet optic and holding it up to the door optic to see if I could get it to do the 0-1 toggling and could not get it to.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2018, 05:06:36 AM »
Well since at that certain point it works. Adjust the optic to match where the latch is at that place. There are 3 or 4 Philips screws under the displays, Remove them, remove the display, remove reel glass, then you can see the optics and how they need to be adjusted. You may even have a bad wire on the door side that is moving when the latch is sliding.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »
I don’t remember any more, but we’re the optics swapped out, or was that another thread? It possible ones gone bad?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
I don’t remember any more, but we’re the optics swapped out, or was that another thread? It possible ones gone bad?

They were not swapped out, must be a different thread. Something in the door optics must work (see my post a few posts above), but maybe overall they are bad? Going to try what Elvis said to do... However I did mess with them a little bit before and could not get any different results.

Hate to ask, but I'm getting really eager to play this, does anybody on this forum live near Phoenix that would want to come down to Casa Grande  and do some work on this machine for me?! I'll just watch you and hopefully learn that way!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »
The door optics do not work or are out of align.  During test 13 with handle down result is solid 1, that means the optics are not seeing each other.

• NLG
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
The door optics do not work or are out of align.  During test 13 with handle down result is solid 1, that means the optics are not seeing each other.

So then I must
1) Align them
OR
2) Buy new if they don't work

Out of curiosity, should I try to make sure that there is power being fed to both sides of the optics? Obviously one side is getting power fed to it but maybe not both sides?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »
These wires are very fragile and can break inside the plastic cover. I’ve seen them break off flush to were they attach too. I would look at the doors wiring for that optic. It goes up and dow every time the doors closed and the run right around the entry to the bill acceptor and can get pinched.
And remember...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
During test 13 when the handle is slid down it does change from a 0 to a solid 1.  It must change to flashing back and forth from 0 to 1 to pass test.  So the question is - what is causing it to just change to a solid 1???

• NLG
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
Exactly my thoughts!

• NLG
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2018, 12:12:51 PM »
If I hold the latch up at JUST THE RIGHT spot it will go do the 0-1 toggle. But when I say "just the right" I mean it is such a fine/small spot, that I don't see how I could possibly align that. And if I did, even the SLIGHTEST movement in the machine would cause it to go out of the alignment - I mean even if someone hit the button too hard it would probably cause it to go out of alignment.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2018, 12:25:14 PM »
That pic with the align tape looks like there is a gap between the door and the cabinet?

• NLG
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
Gees it's like fine-tuning a manned rocket ship to get these optics to work! Question: Do the optics have to be in a certain position in their bracket to work? Here is a picture of the door optic, does that little gold tab on the outside of the optic socket need to be in a certain position on the bracket? Does the two little circles within the optic need to be in a certain position?

https://imgur.com/a/1ONTNcC

• NLG
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »
That pic with the align tape looks like there is a gap between the door and the cabinet?

No, there is no gap there, again I don't know how big is acceptable but it's pretty tight, wouldn't know how to make it any tighter

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
It could mean that your optics are weak. I use to have to adj electric triggering on bowling pinsetters. Those ball detects work off the same principal. When the optic would start fail the adjustment beams got smaller.
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »
It could mean that your optics are weak. I use to have to adj electric triggering on bowling pinsetters. Those ball detects work off the same principal. When the optic would start fail the adjustment beams got smaller.

Interesting. I actually managed a bowling alley for a while, we had 82-70's! I knew nothing about them except for all the basic stuff, and a FEW advanced-basic items haha.

I'm just going to order new optics, see what happens. Starting to get frustrated with this thing  :banghead: :bomb:

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2018, 01:03:24 PM »
The optics do not touch. They must align. That's why you get signal in the sweet spot. Cabinet side up and down only. Door side in and out only. Told you that long ago.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
The optics do not touch. They must align. That's why you get signal in the sweet spot. Cabinet side up and down only. Door side in and out only. Told you that long ago.
Do you have 2 thin small washers to try under the cabinet optic to try and shim it out just a little?
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal