New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29942 times)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
It could mean that your optics are weak. I use to have to adj electric triggering on bowling pinsetters. Those ball detects work off the same principal. When the optic would start fail the adjustment beams got smaller.

Interesting. I actually managed a bowling alley for a while, we had 82-70's! I knew nothing about them except for all the basic stuff, and a FEW advanced-basic items haha.

I'm just going to order new optics, see what happens. Starting to get frustrated with this thing  :banghead: :bomb:

Damn, my first full time job when I was 16 was a pinjumper.  Boss wanted to send me that Brunswick school to get certified, but I passed. I knew a little about the Brunswick and AMF pinsetters both, but man that was a long time ago.  I made a lot of money bowling instead.  :rotfl:

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
Pot games and such? These days its hard to make money in tournaments... but that could be because in AZ tournaments are much more scarce than they are in other parts of the country where they have a bowling alley every 2 miles! There might not be more than 50 bowling alleys in all of AZ, whereas Detroit metro probably has over a 100!

• NLG
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2018, 01:57:30 PM »
The optics do not touch. They must align. That's why you get signal in the sweet spot. Cabinet side up and down only. Door side in and out only. Told you that long ago.
Do you have 2 thin small washers to try under the cabinet optic to try and shim it out just a little?

I'm sure I do somewhere. I just ordered new optics, I've tried just about every which way of adjusting the optics (or so it seems)... I'll mess with it some more when the new optics arrive - hopefully Amechanic's comment about the optics getting weak is what the problem is here - struggling to come up with how else I can try aligning these things...

Also, Elvis and your comments kind of contradict each other, Elvis says cabinet optics only go up and down, sticking a shim in it would be "out and in"!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
Also, Elvis and your comments kind of contradict each other, Elvis says cabinet optics only go up and down, sticking a shim in it would be "out and in"!

I never noticed that the door optics moved in and out? I’m going to have to look at my S+ Haywire. I’m not saying that using shim washers are correct. It’s just what worked for me. They were maybe .030 thick.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2018, 05:01:37 PM »
Look at the screws. The cabinet side has slots for up and down movement. The door has very limited movement. I still remember my first experience with out of aligned optics. I was just as discouraged as you. Did you check the wires on the door side? Lift the latch up and down to see if they are rubbing something. So often they get pinched by the BV when the door is closed. When you get it you will say OMG and never forget. Were you able to take video of the cabinet optic with machine on? The optic flashes so quickly the eye can't see it. Since you have ordered replacement optics be sure to match the wire colors. They are 2 different optics. Receiver(door) and transmitter(cabinet). Only cabinet pulses. Removing the reel glass might seem like more work, but with it out of the way you can see the optics perfectly.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »
IllI have to make a  little video showing what's going on and post it here. To remove the third nut on the display (to remove windoe glass) it's kind of up there and tucked away, is there a trick to doing it? I tried removing the large metal panel in front of it but it wasn't coming out vwry easily and I didntd want to mess anything up!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »
Best way to remove reel glass is to remove the fluor tube from top of door. This will expose three 7/32 nuts.  Use a nut driver is easiest.  Now you can remove the fluor tube socket/reflector assy.  You should now have enough room to remove the reel glass, pull up on it. Reinstall the fluor tube assy.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
IllI have to make a  little video showing what's going on and post it here. To remove the third nut on the display (to remove windoe glass) it's kind of up there and tucked away, is there a trick to doing it? I tried removing the large metal panel in front of it but it wasn't coming out vwry easily and I didntd want to mess anything up!
To remove the door display nuts, you really need to take the inside door panel loose unless you can get at the nut with a socket and a universal swivel. With the door panel off a nut driver works great. You don’t need to remove the door display, just loosen it up to take pressure off the reel glass. Then you have the 3 nuts holding the reel glass fluorescent bulb.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »
Nothing else has to be removed. Three 5/16 nuts under display as pictures. Display will lift up. Sometimes it is a little stuck from drink goo and smoke. Jut rock it a bit. Glass will slip out of light channel. Don't be scared and don't you give up after 7 pages here and 5 more on the other. These things are tanks, your not going to hurt it.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2018, 11:30:21 PM »
Tomorrow or the next day I'm going to work on it some more! Hopefully  I have the new optics by then just to be sure... granted I'm not sure my current optics aren;t working but hey - it helps to have a guaranteed working pair  :dancing_2: .

Have been MIA for the last few days due to work, will probably be MIA tomorrow but I'm hoping to at least get to removing the reel glass... If going in through the bottom it seems very difficult due to space issues (I can't fit a screwdriver/my-hand in to remove the nut)... I haven't had time to fully digest your great comments yet, maybe it's easier than I first thought! SIxcard mentioned going i from the top, seems like it might be easier than going in from the bottom?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2018, 01:53:01 AM »
1/4" ratchet with socket. 2 of the nuts you have to feel for.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2018, 03:38:01 AM »
Don’t over tighten them. I have found the studs broken off. If the feel hard coming off they could be rusty on the thread.
And remember...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2018, 07:06:08 AM »
I have changed the reel glass on S+ machines probably 50 times and have NEVER removed that lower panel.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2018, 07:44:54 AM »
We all have different techniques

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2018, 08:14:00 AM »
I have tried to loosen those lower nuts before when the glass was stuck like glue from spilled drinks but never had much luck getting them all loose. Two of them are very hard to get to.  I think it's worth a try to start from the top.  Just trying to make it easier.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
.....I have tried to loosen those lower nuts before when the glass was stuck like glue from spilled drinks but never had much luck getting them all loose. Two of them are very hard to get to.  I think it's worth a try to start from the top.  Just trying to make it easier.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Don't worry about that, we all have different ways to do some things. Everyone here is trying to help and different ideas often give the person needing the help some choices to solve his problem in a way that works best for him.   :wave:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
since you are having door optic problems removing the glass will serve many purpose:  first it will allow you to exactly see if the optics are aligned, and secondly it will allow you  physically to put the optics together to get the machine to reset the fault codes.

to remove the glass: remove the flor. lamp and its holder by removing the three 7/32 nuts, you can unplug the holder and get it out of your way. now loosen the nuts that hold the display panel in place, this will allow you to have some "wiggle" room when you remove the glass, again there are three nuts, 5/16 one under the left side (visible)  one underneath the denom lamp , and the third is on the right side, a little more difficult to get to, use a small extension (1 inch) this will allow you to work the tool with your fingers and not bust your knuckles. as stated before, the light fixture holder may seem attached after everything is removed, its just the foam padding sticking to the glass, some slight pressure will get it removed, same applies to the light panel, some gunk and grime may have it stuck to the glass, but some slight pressure will get it undone.

now you have full access to the optics and you can proceed from here. once the problem is solved, then you can replace the glass etc. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
Well the next time I need to change reel glass I will try the flour. way. I have only changed kits in a S+ 2 times and that was for 5 line glass. And only removed for optic alignment twice and that was when I was a newbie. Have repaired at least 100 S+ and 50 or so S2000. IGT is by far my favorite machine to repair. Since he has used his clear chip we better get ready to teach him about the settings he will need. I remember my feeling of getting the optics aligned for the first time. He will be so happy with himself. And that is what this hobby is all about.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2018, 09:29:20 PM »
Removed the reel glass, still the same issue... even when moving one of the optics by hand, in order to get the machine to toggle from 0-1, that point is SO fine I think it would be impossible to align, not to mention the slightest bump of the machine would knock it out of alignment...

I doubt IGT designed their optics to work on such a precise alignment (it is so precise, I can only hold it for about a second before the natural shaking movement of my fingers knocks it out of alignment (and I'm not a very "shaky" person)).

Any tips on how to align? Personally, I'm eagerly waiting for the new optics, and praying that those work!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2018, 01:52:15 AM »
loosen the screws just enough to slide the optic. Move it a hair, wait, repeat. Trying to hold by hand is pretty hard. If bumping the machine knocks it out of alignment then there are other issues. How much does your door move when it is open? Are you having to lift up on the door to close it?  Maybe bad hinge or just needs to be tightened.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal