New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Multi King 3802 I/O Board  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Nam328i

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nam328i New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Multi King 3802 I/O Board
« on: July 27, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »
Hello -

I recently purchased a multi king 3802. Brought it home, played it for about 5 hours, no issues. Left it on overnight and it shows error “coin in jam.” Replaced the coin mech, did not clear the tilt. Used a clear chip, did not clear the tilt. Tried a coin mech bypass, still the same issue.

I think it’s something with the  I/O board gone bad since none of the “hold/cancel” buttons on the main door are registering with the button counter.

The IO board # is 59729900, Rev A

About how much $ do these boards go for and where can I purchase one?

Thank you

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT Multi King 3802 I/O Board
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 04:16:17 PM »
Hi.  Can you post a couple of pictures of the interior of your machine?  They need to be under 1MB to post so you may have to resize them to get under the limit.  There's a few different types of Game King cabinets that utilize different components. Pictures will help us identify what you have and what to look for.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
Interior

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:19:21 PM »
Interior

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »
The “options verification required” tilt came on only after I used the clear chip

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »
OK.  You have an older 19" GK cabinet that has two I/O boards on a single I/O card tray.  It's right above the MPU board.  With the power off, try reseating that tray and see if the coin-in tray error clears. Pull it out an inch or so, and push it back in.   The "options verification required" is an informational message, not a hard error.  The coin-in jam error is the hard error that needs to be fixed.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 07:58:55 PM »
You’re referring to the picture where all of the plastic wiring harnesses are showing in front, correct?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
Yes, it's the tray above the MPU board.  Make sure to turn off the power before reseating it.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 08:23:26 PM »
I disconnected all of the harnesses and repositioned it. Same error

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 07:10:46 AM »
Ok, it sounds like the I/O board for the switch panel is bad.  It's the larger of the two boards.  It could also be a bad MPU board, but there's really no way of telling without replacing one and seeing if it clears the problem.  The I/O boards can be difficult to find for these older machines, but the MPU boards are plentiful. 

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 07:33:30 AM »
Thanks for your help. Any idea where I can get a new I/O board? Is this a good opportunity to upgrade to the 3902? What would be involved with the upgrade if I went that route ?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
Yeah, it might be a good time to upgrade the MPU to a 3902.  You just have to remove your game chips from the old MPU and install them on the new one.  You'll want a Keychip for it so you can set it up.  Then if the Coin-In Jam error clears you'll know your other MPU board was the problem.  If it remains then you'll need the I/O board.  Jim at Midwest slots may have a 3902 board.  Check with member Badbaud for the I/O board, and RB for a keychip.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »
Great, left Jim a message just now. What exactly are the benefits of a 3902, other than availability? Does it include more games or only what I have now will transfer over?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
The biggest advantage of the 3902 board is it has simm card slots so you can upgrade to newer software if you want.  The game software is where the games are stored, so you'll have the same as what you do now.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »
I have the “key 22” that I’m using as a clear chip. What specific “keychip” do I need ?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 06:23:48 PM »
The proper key depends on what game software you're running.  You should be able to key it with Key 22, but you will need to answer YES to all three questions. 

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 09:19:57 AM »
Okay, got an upgraded 3902 board. Carefully transferred the 4 game chips, making sure to match the notches and installed in the same order as the old 3802 board. Used the Key 22 , answered Yes to all 3 questions. Now when I use the base chip, I get this screen on reboot...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »
Check your chips, one is probably not inserted correctly or has a bent pin.  Make sure chips are in the correct sockets. :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 10:45:48 AM »
Check your chips, one is probably not inserted correctly or has a bent pin.  Make sure chips are in the correct sockets. :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

And make sure the base chip isn't inserted backwards—I've done that and gotten the confetti screen! (Look for the "half moon" on the side of the chip)

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »
Yeah double check those chips. I bent a leg once, all others were inserted perfectly and one bent and was JUST outside the socket, was hard to even see and it gave the confetti screen similar to that. Hopefully a simple fix :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal