New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM 1088 Middle Reel Index lever won't retract freely  (Read 415 times)

Offline Slotace

• Robert
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Slotace New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally EM 1088 Middle Reel Index lever won't retract freely
« on: March 10, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
 Hi there, I got a Bally 1088 that has been sitting for ages, even found a real silver dollar behind the hopper from 1978! Everything on the reel mech (beside the actual reels) was stuck so got it all freely working except the middle reel index lever sticks when fully back.  Any ideas? I have worked on freeing it up for hours, still sticks.  I can move it back and forth manually, it indexes fine until about the last 3/4 back. It had a ton of old grease here and there, I had to disassemble the piston assembly to clean it all up, that works great. Even the clock was gummed up. I have never taken the entire reel mech assembly apart. that is something that may be a little beyond me,  Thanks for any help!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally EM 1088 Middle Reel Index lever won't retract freely
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »
Compare the springs to the other two reels. One might be missing on the center reel mechanism.

Clean the wiper board as it can cause drag it it’s gummed up.

Most likely the trip lever mechanism that rides on the cross shaft is still gummed up.

Note, all reel mechanism bushings, spacers, levers and shafts should turn freely.
Thus allowing them to move side to side and rotate on the shafts.

Offline Slotace

• Robert
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Slotace New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 09:26:18 PM »
thank, David! I cleaned the wiper board and contacts this a.m., wen I first pulled the reel mech all 3 were stuck. A little oil and the other 2 worked great, just not the middle. The middle lever retracts until it is fully pulled back then is stuck thus doesn't index. I had this problem once on another machine and it sat for a bit after lubrication and all of a sudden worked- so I put it back and the machine and have been manually cycling the reels and will try it again tomorrow.  The piston mech was also gummed up and I took that all apart and cleaned it out, works great now. On the middle reel If I pull the index lever back only half way it works great. To take that shaft out and clean out the old junk,, lubricate, does the entire reel mech have to come apart? (all the sides etc)   thanks!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 06:23:52 AM »
I wouldn’t take the mechanism apart.
Block up the right side of the reel mechanism.
Add cardboard and or newspaper underneath to soak up excess oil.
Then lubricate the shaft(s) area for the center reel.
Use penetrating oil for this procedure, apply a few times.
I usually apply a few times a day and let set overnight.

Also check the index arm and guide slot for metal burrs, sticky grease or it could be bent and jamming.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal