New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809-b door locks  (Read 382 times)

Offline Brett

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Brett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
809-b door locks
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
 :banghead:   I have one last thing to fix. Every other thing works great. I can not get the key out when the machine is closed and locked.  With the door open you can unlock and lock the lock and take the key out. When the door is closed the key will will lock the machine but you can't turn the last 1/8 of a turn to take the key out. I'm not sure about the linkage it all moves but...

So if anyone or everyone would like to chime in on this I would thank you all ahead of time.

Brett

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 809-b door locks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »
The latching slide bar might be obstructed preventing it to travel completely downward.
Possibilities could be a wire, bent at the top or hardware from another part of the machine

The triple pointed lock bar could be bent or need a slight adjustment outward.

First thing to try is to push the door in towards the machine on the right side.
At the same time attempt to lock the machine.
This will give some indication or elimination of what might be happening.

The slide assembly itself might need cleaning.

Big caution, if the lock is disengaged from slide bar at any point. A potential lock out could occur.
For instance the slide bar is inadvertently pushed up and sticks. The door slams shut and down goes the bar.
Something to keep in mind when the lock has been disengaged.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 809-b door locks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »
Here are two tricks I’ve learned.. The lock has a stop cam that limits the travel of the key. I have filed or used my Dremel to Extend the travel. The second is what I find is the most common problem. The latch bar that is held to the cabinet by 2-3 Philips screws and the 3/8” nut by the center hook. That whole latch bar gets shoved back into the cabinet by the door slamming into those 3 latch hooks. I loosen those Phillip screw, then pry the latch hook bar forward. It will move a good 1/16” to 1/8” forward. Then tighten it back down. You might also find the screw hold are stripped. You can break off tooth picks in to screw holes and tighten. By doing this you door key should now work.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal