New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Sizzling 7s BV light won't come on  (Read 7992 times)

Offline starcrest

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • starcrest New User has no influence.
  • n/a
IGT Sizzling 7s BV light won't come on
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
I am going to ask the smartest question yet.......(the dumb ones are not asked) On Igt s+ Sizzling 7s machine, everytime I remove the BV
to clean It or anything for that matter..The bezel light goes off (the one that has the numbers on it) and stays off, off and offffff...Even a set 015 does not do any good...It worked fine for awhile (when I press the cash out button It might work) but now It went out to the wayside  from lighting up....... Sound familiar???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:32:57 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: IGT Sizzling 7s BV light won't come on
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »
Do you have another BV and cash can to swap with? If I had to guess, from the info given, I'd say the cash can was not seating properly, cash can door not closing, or the BV just died. Most likely, its the cash can not engaging with the BV transport, but check your cash can door switch too (and then tape the door shut so you know it is not opening after you close the main door).

If when you put the cash can in, the validator does NOT cycle (you will hear it running), I would, first, replace the cash can with a known good one (or if you don't have a KNOWN good one, just try a different one) and try it again.If still no noise/cycling from BV, then I would look at the little skis at the back of the cash can housing. With the cash can removed, you will see 2 little metal tabs at the back (on the floor) of the cash can housing. Take a screwdriver and pry these up a little, and retry the cash can.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
I tried another BV, and i Just adjusted the SKIs about 3/4 of an inch....But the BV still won't make it's noise....I have about 5 cans and tried them all and still the light won't come on or make a noise...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
Cash can door switch intact or bypassed?

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Disconnected completely.. So Is the other machine I have and giving me the same problem...2 pains in the garage.....

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
When you say disconnected, do you mean wires twisted together? I think I remember you have dbv 200. It has 3 plugs. Have you checked for bent pins? The wire on the right side that goes to transport sometimes is caught by the door latch and is bent or broken. There should be 2 red lights on the left side, are they on? Do you know for sure the dbv power supply is working? Is the dbv making any noise at all?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 05:09:42 AM »
I have  2 wba 10 -ss   the light inside  BV is working, so there is power...It is not making any noise ...I may have to work on the wires behind the can...I just looked and they run up onto the tower (top) of the machine and it is unplugged ...where it was tied into is anybody's guess.....I am going to try  (set) again see if anything moves....I have another machine doing the exact same thing..I will follow the wires on it from the cash can and see where they go to......Of course that is like sticking my head in mud, since it is doing exact same thing....

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
Here is a link from the old site http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620  Sad to say but the pictures are missing. The ansewer to your problem is is reply #23, once you get the BV installed correctly the lights will work.

A little thing I do that may help you. with the BV installed and before tightening the thumb screws, gently press down on the Red Lever, if the rear of the transport moves upward the BV isn't installed correctly.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »
On the other machine that is acting just as stupid, I have the BV is turning when i lift the head up and the little red lights inside light up..., but no signal to the BV optics on the door that lights up....Possible BV...

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Hey Buzz, he say's wba10 instead of bvd200. I don't understand why it does not do anything. Even when turned off at #9 it still runs. OK when you opened the wba it had the red lights for reading the bill lit. Did the unit start cycling then? Is it clicking or anything? When you remove the cash can does it cycle then? It was working then just stopped right? Only other thing I can think of is to unplug the wires on the bottom mother board and re-seat them. One of those plugs controls the door sensors and cash can sensors, etc. Of course have machine off before unplugging anything. 

the rockin elvis

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »
Did the unit start cycling then? .... No, Nothing-not even a click it doesn't do anything..
Is it clicking or anything?.....No -It should make some sort of noise, But It is dead...
I agree, I will reset the mother board plugs, that is the only thing I haven't done...Let you know later...
on one BV I did find  a blue wire that was cut into, Soldered It back together and still same story....It might have shorted against metal and died..The other BV is alive But not seating properly or something  (although after  30 attempts it should lite up the BV optic and able to accidently get in the right position to work)
i swapped out BVs but the problem follows each other...With that said I am leaning toward a burnt chip on BV or just stubborn about sending signals to the proper boards....Let you know the outcome..

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:17:35 PM »
If they had never worked in either machine, I would think the wrong ID. I think IGT is ID 22/23. I know you had to use old currency before from your other post.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »
Another crazy thought. Do you currently have credits on the machines? Not sure if your BVD limit is set low thus preventing the unit from working. Even though I have never met a BVD that didn't cycle every time it was powered on. Since you have no hopper the first 7 is set to zero next push of the test button with each seven I set to 5000 for max credits on machine and max credits from BVD. Once you get to 8 in coin played leave it zero and push test button until it goes blank. Just a thought. It is hard when the machine is not in front of me.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »
BVD limit

I've reached my BVD limit.   :Tongue_Out: :Tongue_Out: :Tongue_Out:

BVD = underwear

DBV = Dollar Bill Validator   :cool_thumb_up:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
Hey Elvis, I will try that man and see where it takes me....BVs just don't go by the wayside for no reason....The last  time you helped me The program you gave me worked so i will try this again...Who knows you might be right again...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »
BVD limit

I've reached my BVD limit.   :Tongue_Out: :Tongue_Out: :Tongue_Out:

BVD = underwear

DBV = Dollar Bill Validator   :cool_thumb_up:

THANK YOU!!!!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:40 AM »
Dang, I was using DBV then changed to BVD.  Funny thing is I wear Hanes (tag less)

the rockin elvis

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:20 AM »
Ok, everything is fine now on one of my machines (Triple cash) It Is up and running like it should........
Here is a good note for everyone.......Make sure when you buy a machine from somebody else, ask all the questions you can regarding It...
Especially was there a Jackpot/hand pay  on the thing that has never been cleared.......
That was what happened to mine, I cleared out of sheer guess and WALLA...
Thanks you guys !!!!! for working with me through this nightmare....I won't wake up yet since my Sizzling 7s machine is acting like the broken blue wire on the BV had burnt some of the internals. Now, I will be shopping for one that does work and I will ask a dozen question regarding It......

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
A clear and set would have been my last try also. Glad you got it going.

the rockin elvis

Offline starcrest

• n/a
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
I did have a lot of hair until this problem, Now I have no hair..But I have one more machine  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :24: :24: :Crazy: :Crazy: :duh: :duh:
 :no: :no: to go....I ordered a new BV, see what happens.....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal