New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: e-series 1090  (Read 1351 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
e-series 1090
« on: February 14, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
Hello,
 :Scratch-Head:
I have an slot e-series 1090 machine but I have a problem with this one, thanks for your help. I bought this machine two years ago but it didn't work.

When I turn it on, they put into code 500000 and the 3 reels of the roller unit are activated endlessly, if I reset on the board it does not change anything, on the other hand if I go into test mode, it performs the Most tests no problem.
I specify that the EPROMs are 47, 80 and 133 and the P1 (554190) that I had not been provided to me free of charge by Barry, the board is an AS-2978-7 model (which I prefer to model 3) .

If I turn the key to the right for the switch, it starts up normally with the code 50000 (door open) but do nothing more afterwards

Test 2 is performed normally
The test 3 also and gives the codes 20 then 10
Test 4 pays well 10 tokens
Test 5 turns on the bulbs then displays the code 0000 ..
Test 6 announces the EPROM number
Test 7 gives me a sequence of numbers for 1.7 then 1.8 then 1.9
Test 8 does not allow me to play and gives the code 800008

I changed the capacitor on the Power supply board, the 3 voltages are good and I cleaned all the connectors, nothing burnt.
The voltages arriving on the I / O and MPU boards are also good at 5v
The 5101 memories are good because I have a controller in my possession for the controlled ones.
I cleaned and checked the connectors on the I / O and MPU boards and checked the solderings, some redo in doubt.
I reprogrammed different EPROMs to make sure it wasn't coming from there either.

Sometimes she lets me play a token or 2 (that's a two-piece) and I can throw the reels to me those don't stop?
I would point out that the "Deposit coin" lamp does not light up either
I checked the flat cables but they are not damaged either, I changed the battery and it gives 3.6v, there is no sign of sagging, the card is very clean
I thought of a low voltage detection circuit so I removed the resistor R40 and plugged pins 5 and 13 into the IC CA8031 but that doesn't change anything.

I tested the I / O board on a machine I had before and it worked, on the MPU I changed all the polarized capacitors as well as the 4mhz clock.
Now I admit not knowing what to do ???

Thank you for your help and protect yourself well  :thank_you:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:20:50 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline filounet

• NLG
Re: e-series 1090
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea about my breakdown?  :EmoticonHelp4:

It either goes into code 20 (but the hooper works well in test 4) or in 500000 and in this case the 3 coils of the roller block get irritated….
Sometimes it switches to Tilt, so I can do a reset and then test and it takes the first and the second token into account, it unlocks my arm, I start the game but the reels never stop ...

Often when I turn it on, it goes directly into code 500000 and the coils get angry On the other hand,
if I press the switch with the key on the right side of the machine and I turn on the machine, it goes directly into code 50,000 as if to play but does not allow me to credit a game

Thank you for your help.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:03:21 PM »
Hello,
I will need to understand where the wires from the corner switch go on the I/O board from which connector?
Thank you for your help

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 01:01:59 AM »
 check the ribbon cable attached from MPU to IO - either broken pins or one end is reversed

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 04:46:30 AM »
Alas I have already done it by seeing the code 500000 but it is not that.
As code 20 also appears, I am thinking of a problem with the coin switch knowing that I have already checked the switch if it is functional or a problem with the I / O board

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 08:54:06 AM »
I have just restarted the machine and it gives either a code 20 0000, or 50.000 or 500000.
Sometimes it allows to play a token or two and in this case the arm is unlocked and the game begins but the reels do not stop never.
I have already tested the flat cable between CPU and I / O and it is good.
Could this be a problem with U17 on the I / O board?
I remind you that if I turn the key on the right side outside before starting the machine, it goes directly to 50,000 but after nothing in particular.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 06:14:50 AM »
Hello,

Here is my analysis today if anyone has any idea about my problem, thanks in advance. :thank_you:

I have rechecked the flat cable but it has no problem, I also checked the connections between the support and the solders of the board but no problem either despite this code 500000

If I turn on the machine by turning the key that is on the right outside of the machine, it gives 50,000 but does not allow play but it blocks the reels as normal.
If I connect the two wires of the door switch as if it was closed, it still gives the code 50.000 even though I only have this one door open sensor.

If I turn on the machine without the external key, it gives me a code 500000 and the 3 coils of the roller unit are constantly supplied which makes a lot of noise.

Test 1: The coils of the roller unit jam with a terrible noise
Test 2: The test stops at 2.1101, door tilt light on
Test 3: Ok 3..020 then 3..010
Test 4: OK the hooper pays 10 coins and the machine turns on the paid Winner bulb
Test 5: The lamps of the 3 cards come on normally but the display freezes at 0000 ..
Test 6: Ok the EPROM number appears on the display and it is correct
Test 7: The following displays appear then the machine goes back to test mode 1 and the reels of the roller unit are blocked again

1.7 000072
1.8 000028
1.9 000015
2.0 000001

Test 8: The machine write 800008 but does not allow playing in test mode

Good Sunday.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 01:34:00 AM »
I replaced U22 which is an MC14066BCP but unfortunately unchanged
I also removed U29 which is an IC 555 Timer with its associated resistor R47 but to no avail.
Thanks for your help because I really don't understand? :banghead:

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 01:50:29 AM »
one more time - the ribbon cable from mpu to io - take the end at the mpu and reverse it - the 500000 and coils making noise indicates the cable is not connected correctly

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 03:23:19 AM »
Alas I have already tried but it is not that, I tested the continuity of the 16 pins and they are good.
When I reverse at this moment it makes submachine gun with the ignition coils which shows that the cable is well connected.

I wonder if it's not P1 that is causing the problem, because if I start the machine with the key of the switch at the bottom right of the tour, it does the reset and normally puts itself on 50,000 open port and sometimes allows you to play one or two pieces, trigger the reel and launch the arms, the bulbs light up but the rollers never stop.
I tested all the cables in the roller block and they are all good too.
Tests 3, 4 and 6 are good.
The test 2 hangs at the Tilt, the test 5 displays 0000 .. and the test 8 announces 800008 ....

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2021, 03:53:01 AM »
so if you reverse the mpu ribbon cable you get the chattering coils - and if you leave it the way it is - you get the chattering coils?  try reversing the IO board ribbon cable connector?  one of them is incorrect.  if you leave one end disconnected you will get 500000 correct? 

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 04:13:33 AM »
Yes if I reverse the flat cable on the CPU or on the I / O board it makes a machine gun with the coils.
If I leave the flat cable the same and start the machine by turning the key on the right side of the reset, the machine goes into code 50.000 and when I put a token sometimes the arm is unlocked and I can play but the reels never stop and sometimes it goes into code 500000 and in this case the reels start to shoot.
If I turn on the machine and press reset and then test, the machine immediately goes into code 500000 and the coils fire.
If I leave one of the cards disconnected from the flat cable and switch on the machine, it announces 50.000 on the screen.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 04:25:23 AM »
unless you have a bad socket for the ribbon cable - you say the cable is good - the symptoms show connection issue between boards

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 05:27:54 AM »
According to my machine which is an E2295-18, two coin bars and 7s, it uses E755-80, -47 and -133 with the 554190 P1 EPROM and also uses a 3701 P2 chip.

Post your email and I'll send the binary files your way.

Additionally, another machine I have that uses the same M1, M2 and M3 (-133) uses a 585490 P1 chip. So I assume either P1 program will work with your machine.

John

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 06:21:46 AM »
I just tested the connections between the DIPs on the front of the board and the solder on the back of the boards and everything looks OK.
I also retested the welds at the back of the cards on the DIPs to the printed circuit for the I / O board and the CPU and the connections are also good there so ...... I do not know.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 06:25:04 AM »
I don't have P2 on my card, but I don't have a sound card either.
I send you a PM

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 06:34:07 AM »
Your inbox is full, post your email and I'll send you the HEX files you might need.
My email gnvenom@gmail.com if you can't post it.
John

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
Thank you John for your help, here is my address

filounet91@gmail.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal