New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2000 error - every payline always lit  (Read 7320 times)

Offline GYU

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GYU New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E2000 error - every payline always lit
« on: October 29, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
Hi, I just acquired a non working Bally E2000 based slot machine. There was a lot problems with it, but reading this forum helped me to solve most of them. But now I get stucked.

My problem is that all 5 paylines are lit always. If I switch on the machine, the lights on the upper part (1st coin when lit, 2nd coin when lit....) are lit immediately. If I insert just one credit, and I get a winner combination on any payline, it pays out. Once I've tried to play continously 30 credits and I win 119 coins. The P1 has a 89% program, so if I multiply this 30 with 5, then the 119 coins payout more or less is ok.

Do you have any idea what should I try to replace or check to solve this problem?

Because maybe I've done something wrong, I'd like to share what I did till now:

Error: after switch on nothing happend. Code: 0_.00_.9.
Work: battery leak on MPU, so I replaced the parts below it except Q4 (MPS6566) and RLY1.
CR6: 1N4004 -> 1N4007
U30: MC14020BCP -> CD4020BE
R63, R66, R67 resistors
B1 battery
Result: nothing

Work: checking power board, I found R14 cracked. Replaced it.
Results: error code 21, but now I was able to enter test menu. And I've noticed that there is a red led on the power board which is vibrating (not lights continously but neither flashes)

check the panel what gets the signals from the coin validator. I found that a regulator has had broken legs. I've soldered back.
Result: code 50, and "insert coin" is lit.

I've tried to insert coin but the coin validator rejected all of it. So I take it to a place where they was able to program HUF and EUR coins.
Result: now it seems fine, it accepts the programmed coins.

Error: The paylines are always lit.
Work: ask help from you :dancing_2:

And finally a few pics.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally E2000 error - every payline always lit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
Hello. This machine is different then most E2000. Not sure if this is a military version? Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
Yes thats a military version, needs different manual.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »
Well, I don't know is it a military version or not. But it was distributed by a dutch company called Fortuna Automaten Holland. I was searching about it, but I didn't find any useful info. So maybe it's not a military, but a weird european version :)

If it would be a regular Bally E2212 5-line pay slotmachine, then where should I look for this error? Or maybe it is not an error and always all lines should be lit?

More pics:

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
The glass looks like military and
the boards look weird.
Barry would know, maybe he'll chime in.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:41:56 PM »
mpu and io are definetly military - no idea what that other board is 

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
credit meter board
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
I've examined how the credit board and coin validator cooperates together. I've attached a picture, where I wrote it down, what happens when.

If I would like to bypass the credit board, and I'd like to tell the MPU that I inserted one coin (credit), then which wires should be linked together? I mean if this machine would be a non-military version, then which wires goes to the coin switch? Or it isn't as simple as I think? :) If I can tell this way the MPU to play just with one payline, then we gets closer to the solution. Then it will be enough to get know and understand the credit board.

Please check my uploaded image.

Thanks!

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:38 AM »
I get the military manual, and it says the game type is selected by jumpers in the power plug on pin 1, 3, 9.

I've checked my J1 connector on the MPU board, and these pins are free. The 3 wires (red, red/blue, red/yellow) was not connected, so I've connected them. Nothing changed.

Please help me! Am I misunderstood something and I shouldn't connect those wires, but short pin 1,3,9 to gnd? Or what does "jumper" mean in the attached text?

Offline slotje002

• Reputation Power: 3
  • slotje002 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »
Hi,

I have the same maschine with the same boards, do you already now what the problem is ?

I think it is in the M2 chip !

Gr Jeroen

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
Hi Slotje002,

Yes, I still got this problem. If you inserting the coins one after another, then the paylines becomes lit one after another?

If yes, then what happens with the "credit meter" if you insert for example 10 coins, and play one? The number decreasing with 5? And you have another ONE game with 5 paylines lit?

ps.: I mean credit meter the 3 digit display next to the reels, right above the coin slot.

Offline slotje002

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 04:01:02 AM »
Hi,

This is a machine that was used at fairs. The Eproms on the MPU Board are changed. Normaly 1 coin = 1 game on 1 winline, They changed the M2 chip on your MPU Board in V2, there is written now: 1 coin =1 game on 5 winlines. The credit board is not originel Bally but self-made by Fortuna automaten in Holland.
Gr Jeroen

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »

Thanks for your reply!
So if we take the "normal", unchanged situation, then you couldnt play for example with 3 winlines?

I thought that normally first coin lits 1st winline, second coin 2nd payline, etc... And when you finished insering coins, then you have only one arm pull (game).

Is it right or am I still don't get it :)

Offline slotje002

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »
The normal way is 1 coin 1 winline 1 pull on the arm or........... 2 coins 2 winline's 1 pull on the arm or ............3 coins 3 winline's, 1 pull on the arm or........ 4 coins 4 winline's 1 pull on the arm or..........5 coins 5 winline's 1 pull on the arm . In your case they changed the programm in the Eprom m2 so now on your maschine it is 1 coin 5 winline's 1 pull on the arm.

The extra coin plate that you have is therefore that you can use different coins and give more credits for 1 coin using the dipswitches !
To bring back the maschine to normal you have to surge for another M2 chip that gives only 1 winline for 1 coin !
Gr Jeroen

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 07:49:58 AM »
Everything I'm seeing here is telling me that this is an E1000 machine, but must have been built somewhere late in the game. The CPU board has a relay (E1000 variety) but does not have the memory piggyback board and has memory components placed on the CPU (E2000 variety). A sort of hybrid from Bally. The chips are "maintenance department" numbered so it's been shopped and modded.

Also, I have never seen that power supply. Larger and more complex than the standard E series part. It appears to have a broken resistor on it. Apparently it provides an additional signal to the Credits system.

Since the secondary PC board on the front door is suspect and in question, and is not a Bally part, I would probably try to bypass it, although your credits feature would probably not work. The display ribbon cable would then need to go directly to the CPU instead of that board.

Finally, the IO board is odd, with a missing connector and associated components. Labels suggest a special design, still in the E1xxx variety.

The rest of the machine is basically a standard-looking E series. It would seem that converting it to standard might be an option, if you can't find any useable troubleshooting data.

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 08:23:02 AM »
Gr Jeroen,
Thank you! Now it's clear!

In this scenario what happens, with a regular M2 chip if I inserting more then 5 credits?
For example:
- On the credit board (with the dip switches) I set up 1 credit for 1€ coin, 2 credit for 2€ coin,
- I insert 7 credits (3 digit display shows 007).

In this scenario I will have 2 arm pulls? The first will be a 5 winline game, and the second will be a 2 winline game?

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:41 AM »
ramegoom,

You are right about the PS board. That resistor has been replaced.

But the problem I think more likely will be in the program chips and not in the credit board. If you check the 3rd picture, you can see, that those ribbon cables are attached to the credit board. One goes to the 3 digit display (showing how many credits left), and the other goes into the coin validator. So there is nothing to bypass (with those ribbon cables).

There is one more interesting thing! I think it can confirm the "wrong" M2 or P1 chip thing:
The (military) Operator manual (FO-650-24) on page 18 says, that in game functional test ( test 8 ), the "Bell cut off" switch is used to coin the machine. If I press this button in test mode, the pseudo coin behaves as a "real" credit in normal operation. So it lits all paylines either! After playing a game, the second digit on the 6 digit display shows 5. (as if 5 coin played in the previous game). Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fmWoGEdCPI

What do you both think about this?

Offline slotje002

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
Yes, you are right! Wenn you have the regular M2,M3 chips then 7 credits can give you 1 play with 5 line's and the second play with 2 win line's (or 7 play's with 1 winline.) If you want i can send you in a Pm the internet adress of the firma who made those maschine's.(they changed the Eproms)  They are still selling slotmaschines and jukeboxen !

Jeroen

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »
The standard machine has a ribbon cable which goes from the win meter across the top hinge, over to the CPU green connector. You would need a cable long enough to reach.

If you find an issue with the EPROMs, however, that is a big problem as those will be difficult to find. The standard E series EPROMs are easily found. I have a huge collection of them and can send binaries as needed, in order to make the machine work as if it were a standard E2000, which would be my suggestion.

That said, if there were even a single bit of bad data in any of the EPROM chips, an error code would result and the machine would not boot. The fact that you have the 000 50 on the win meter tells me your CPU is working properly. Now, if there is a bad EPROM on the separate board on the door, that won't set a tilt or CPU code far as I can see.

If you can find a fully functional machine out there where you can use the "shotgun" approach and swap parts, that might be the way to go. If not, converting it over to conventional would be the next best choice, IMO.

Offline GYU

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »
Oh, thank you very-very much! Yes, please send me the contacts! What should I ask from them? I mean what is the number of the eproms? P1 is not affected?

I attach two pictures of the current state. On the back of the MPU board there is a red jumper cable and a cut trace at P1 leg 21. I already tried to remove this jumper, restore cut trace, and all possible combination but it's not led me anywhere. I just write this down because I can't decide that this information is important or not. Probably it is.

And once I get an error messege, which told me that I have Universal Slot Program Rev. 570 rev. 2. -------- maybe revison 2 means what you already mentioned in your 2nd post.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal