New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What are these reals  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Slots4me

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Slots4me New User barely matters.Slots4me New User barely matters.
  • NLG
What are these reals
« on: August 14, 2023, 10:36:44 AM »
Bally e series
Not sure what these 2 wheels are used for? 🤔 thanks

Offline Pinballwizard55

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Pinballwizard55 New User has no influence.
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: What are these reals
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 06:01:54 PM »
I noticed that your reel glass sez on the left side all jackpots paid by machine. those score reels are most likely used as multipliers for larger jackpots. Good luck, the wizard.

Offline Slots4me

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 06:19:54 PM »
Thank Wizard

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 12:03:43 PM »
in your pic the left one is the X3 multiplier and the right is the X2 multiplier.

the coin/line unit picks one (or none) of them depending on the number of coins inserted.

when the game is spitting out coins and one of the multipliers is used, the coin steps up the multiplier unit instead of the payout counter directly.  At each nth step of the multiplier (where n=2 or 3), the payout counter is also stepped.

for example, an any bar win will always end when the payout counter steps up 10 times.  If you need to double the pay, you step up the payout counter once for every two coins ejected.

if you play 3 coins, it takes 30 coins ejected to step up the payout counter 10 times because the X3 multiplier unit only passes the step-up pulse to the payout counter 1/3
 of the X3 unit steps.

if the units look like pinball machine score reels ... they are.  The only difference may be the contact plate and ratchet on the plastic wheel. 

the X2 unit steps 10 times for a full rotation and is the same as used on a pinball - which is why the reel has numbers on it. 

the X3 unit needs to have a multiple of 3 steps in 360 degrees, so the reel and contact plate is different and there's no need to have numbers on it for other types of games. 

they used 12 steps so it can also be used for an X4 unit by wiring the contact plate differently.  e.g. X3 wires together 3, 6, 9, 12 and an X4 would wire together 4, 8, 12

an X5 unit was the same as an X2 with different wiring.

if you had a contact plate with arcing damage on a trace, you could switch to another set of traces that are n steps apart.  e.g. 2, 5, 8, 11 for an X3 unit.

if the game pays correctly with one coin, but you have problems with X2 or X3, the only places to look are the X2/X3 units and the coin/line unit which is selecting them.  It's pretty common to need to remove the reels and clean off the contact plates. 

the trick to getting the reels off is to rotate them so a notch aligns with the step-up pawl so you can pull off the reel ... after removing the hairpin clip, washer and pivot away the pawl that prevents backwards rotation.  There's youtube videos on bally score reels that should help.

if you manually step an Xn unit, the first payout afterwards may be short n-1 coins, but payouts after that will be right as the first short pay with correctly sync the unit to the payout counter.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:17:56 AM by wolftalk »

Offline Slots4me

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 08:47:05 AM »
Great info
Thanks wolf

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal