New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Repaired **** Need help with Bally E-1080-57  (Read 4121 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Repaired **** Need help with Bally E-1080-57
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
Trying to get this slot working and have found at least a few problems.
Battery was dead, replaced with 3.6v
Wires pulled loose on molex connectors to reels (need pins)

Can any one help identifying and were to purchase a few?

thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:22:22 AM by rjpohl »

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Need help with Bally E-1-80-57
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
That is a Bally E1000 series slot.
The battery for that machine is a
rechargeable NiCad or NiMhd battery.
If you replace it with a non rechargeable
battery you run the risk of the battery leaking
and, or exploding in your machine.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
Thanks for the advise on the battery.  Do you know where to buy the correct battery?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »
here's better pic of the pins I need (both male and female)

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
One of the members here has a eBay
listing for the right battery or I just
used a cordless phone battery.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151051144687

BALLY BATTERY - ESERIES - NiCad - 3.6V   
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
These connectors can be found at Mouser Electronics.

Male pins

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/02-06-2103/?qs=clwyIdmhKqXyNQ5%2Fp50i5g%3D%3D&kpid=2986044&gclid=CKGukuyRvMICFVCVfgodOnwAIA

Female pins

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/02-06-1103/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuzXLcWrSfMr4AImWoNFp%252b4f0cLcHvCAeY%3d

On the battery, you can use a different battery if you replace R1 of the ram board (100 ohm) with a diode,
say a 1N4001. Place the diode so that the band is towards the edge connector. This will prevent voltage from
going to the battery thus no over heating and no explosion

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
I believe you do not need the battey on a E1000...It is just used for accounting...Dan (Dhellis) would know best...He is the expert on this machines and has help me with one of my clients...

Offline dhellis

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 05:04:27 PM »
You are right Dinoman, the battery is not necessary as it only is used so that accounting data is
maintained if the machine loses power

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
Thanks Dan...Again I want to publicly THANK YOU for all your help! :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
Jimmy

Offline dhellis

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »
Thank you Jimmy

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: Need help with Bally E-1080-57
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »
Pins and battery has ben ordered from Barry, will update posting after pins/battery is installed.
thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
Installed a few new pins where the old ones were broken off.  Also replaced the battery.

when I turn on there is a loud buzzing noise from reel 2 and 3.  If I release handle solenoid manually to spin reels only reel 1 spins, 2 & 3 are locked.
Meter on front just cycles through numbers, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

does not accept coins, coin diverter is pulled in. 

I'll start reading manual but will gladly accept any advise.

thanks
Bob

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »
before you started the pin replacement - did you have this problem with the coils?  Are you getting a valid win meter code (50 000 or 71 000)?  unplug one end of the ribbon cable from io to mpu - should be 500000 - coils still hot?  check the triacs on the IO board - make sure none of the tabs are touching.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »
I sent the cpu, i/o and power supply boards to Dan Ellis for repairs. 
I installed boards today and ws able to get the machine to accept coins, handle pulls, reels do not stop spinning
I ran test 5 and found that reel reader 3 was bad, replaced it, reels still don't stop, get 41 error
When I press reset buttons to clear tilt only reels 2 and 3 lock, I tested all 3 reel coils with 50v and all 3 work.
I straced the green/red wire from coil 1 all the way back to i/o board and it was good.

Thanks for you help,
Bob (rjpohl)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »
run the 2 test - see if that locks in reel 1 or tries to during its cycle - if it doesn't - IO BOARD - CONNECTION TO REEL MECHANISM - BAD COIL.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
Got it working, found a broken wire, repaired, replaced a few reel readers and it's working great.
thanks for the help!!!
Bob (rjpohl)

Offline dhellis

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »
Got it working, found a broken wire, repaired, replaced a few reel readers and it's working great.
thanks for the help!!!
Bob (rjpohl)

Great to hear, you always finding yourself going from  :Scratch-Head: , to  :duh: and finally  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal